17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all,
I'm pretty sure my last biometrics was in 2011 when I came to Canada, which makes it 9 years, that means I should be exempt from doing it now, however my profile does not say completed like I read others say, so now i'm wondering if it will change in the coming days and maybe they just haven't updated it yet. What do you guys think ?
I applied July 14th, ( FSW inland), medical passed August 14th, BIL August 17th.
Before now, when I login to my account my status said " your action is required" but now it just says submitted. when I get into my application itself, under biometrics it says "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."
thoughts? @legalfalcon
To find out if your biometrics are still valid see https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?fbclid=IwAR11-gUBUs863FrEoxwt2HYV6QazSVPMdnVZSWAqEPpOBX8K5rNl0SDzrkM

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello! My AOR is July 9. Just wondering if I should request GCMS notes to see what's going on with Eligibility or its still too early?

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant. While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

See https://bit.ly/2RR8f2L

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello! My AOR is July 9. Just wondering if I should request GCMS notes to see what's going on with Eligibility or its still too early?
IRCC takes 6 to 8 months to process an application on average, half way through the process will be a good time. Since your are inland you can request your Gcms Notes for free

Last edited:

WorldTraeller

Star Member
May 15, 2020
AOR -28th July
Medical and BIL -15 Sep
IMM5669 - Submitted on 22nd September
RRPF request - Received and submitted on 23rd September.

Moreover I got request to submit Japan Police certificate . I did not mention Japan either in personal history or job history as I came out of Japan on 2010 March which is before 10 years period. Luckily I had Japan PCC issued in 2019.
Basically the point is IRCC already knows everything about us irrespective of what we fill. Also it is a bit strange that they wanted PCC from a country where I did not live in last 10 years.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
AOR -28th July
Medical and BIL -15 Sep
IMM5669 - Submitted on 22nd September
RRPF request - Received and submitted on 23rd September.

Moreover I got request to submit Japan Police certificate . I did not mention Japan either in personal history or job history as I came out of Japan on 2010 March which is before 10 years period. Luckily I had Japan PCC issued in 2019.
Basically the point is IRCC already knows everything about us irrespective of what we fill. Also it is a bit strange that they wanted PCC from a country where I did not live in last 10 years.
Of course we'd expect they know about your past history. They have info sharing/background check and everything.
They can ask for any documents that they want to see. Requesting a PCC is pretty normal.

Are you outland or inland? Receiving RRPF is a good sign.

Reactions: WorldTraeller

WorldTraeller

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Of course we'd expect they know about your past history. They have info sharing/background check and everything.
They can ask for any documents that they want to see. Requesting a PCC is pretty normal.

Are you outland or inland? Receiving RRPF is a good sign.
Is RPRF really a good Sign ! And if it is what do we mean by good sign ? I am inland CEC . Also I just passed medical on 15th sep, I really doubt if they have completed eligibility assessment . Appreciate any comment on that .

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Is RPRF really a good Sign ! And if it is what do we mean by good sign ? I am inland CEC . Also I just passed medical on 15th sep, I really doubt if they have completed eligibility assessment . Appreciate any comment on that .
If an applicant receives a request for the RPRF fee then it usually means that eligibility is recommended passed or passed. You can request your Gcms Notes to confirm and you can do so for free as your are inland.

• Love
Reactions: WorldTraeller

YYZAviator

May 4, 2020
Good day all!

AOR July 31st here (CEC inland). Have not received BIL or passed medical yet.
I noticed on the tracker that Aug AOR’s have started receiving these? Should I be worried?

Any other July AOR’s with no BIL or meds yet?

Have a great rest of the week!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Good day all!

AOR July 31st here (CEC inland). Have not received BIL or passed medical yet.
I noticed on the tracker that Aug AOR’s have started receiving these? Should I be worried?

Any other July AOR’s with no BIL or meds yet?

Have a great rest of the week!
Hello. Not to be worried about this, each application is unique and takes its own course. You can reach out to IRCC via phone, web form or even request the Gcms Notes (for free) to see what's happening with your file.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
May I know the process to apply GCMS notes?
Yes, it's free for anyone in Canada to request their own information following these steps. It's also outlined at https://help.gcmsnotes.com/how-to-order/for-free

⭕ Who can make a request for free?

Any Canadian citizen, permanent resident or individual present in Canada has the right to access their personal information held by government institutions that are subject to the Privacy Act.

There are no fees charged for requests made under the Privacy Act.
The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act, in which case a consent form will be required.

⭕ Checklist of what you will need

To prove that you have the right to make a request, you must provide one of the following documents: a copy of your Canadian passport or your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). Only one (1) document is required. Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) will not be accepted.
A consent form is NOT needed for a Privacy Act request since you are requesting your own information.

⭕ What file types can I attach for my supporting documents with my online request?

The maximum size of each file is 2 MB (two megabytes). The following file formats are allowed:
  1. Portable Document Format (PDF)
  2. JPG, TIFF, or PNG (Image)
  3. DOC, DOCX (Microsoft Word Document)
⭕ How-to

• Visit the official IRCC website at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do and follow the online instructions.
  • The process has 4 steps
    1. Requester Information (see details below)
    2. Act & Record Selection (see details below)
      1. Important. For the question "What type of information are you requesting?" Select "Privacy Act" to get your own information for free.
    3. Attach Documents
    4. Review and Validate

Requester Information
Department:
Eligibility: Family Name: Given Name(s) (First Name): Street Number: Street Name: Name of Business or Organization: Apt./Suite/Unit #: Post office box: City: Province/State: Country: Telephone Number: Fax Number: E-mail Address: Re-enter e-mail Address: Requesting information on your own behalf? Category of Requester: How would you prefer to receive requested records:

Act & Record Selection
What type of information are you requesting
: Language: Type of records do you wish to request: Family Name: Given Name(s) (First Name): Date of Birth: Client ID Number (UCI): Alias: Type of record would you like to request: Which specific information are you looking for: File Number:

⭕ How long will it take to obtain the GCMS notes?

The legislated time-frame for processing a request under the Access to Information Act is 30 calendar days. If the 30 day deadline falls on a weekend or on a holiday, the due date becomes the next business day. Please note;
  • IRCC processes orders only during regular business hours, Eastern Time. That means processing of orders received by IRCC outside of operating hours or the weekend will begin the following business day.
  • The GCMS notes are usually generated around the time the request is made, not at the time when it’s released.
  • IRCC can extend the time limit to respond to a request beyond the 30 calendar days.
⭕ Is there a sample GCMS file?

See a sample GCMS file at https://sample.gcmsnotes.com/

RahulBhave123

Sep 5, 2018
@legalfalcon

My AOR is 27th july 2020
Haven't received any updates on MEP and BIL.
Checked with panel physician they said they have uploaded all medical reports.
I can see status bar and my UCI number has changed from CAN to 10 digit number.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

My AOR is 27th july 2020
Haven't received any updates on MEP and BIL.
Checked with panel physician they said they have uploaded all medical reports.
I can see status bar and my UCI number has changed from CAN to 10 digit number.
Usually the Medicals are evaluated and passed along with the R10. Did you ask your panel physician the date the medicals were transmitted. It can take 30-45 days after the medicals are transmitted to be reflected passed.

If your UCI number has changed from a temp one to a permanent one, and now your have a progress bar, it indicates that your application has been entered into the GCMS and the processing has commenced.

Also, sometimes, even when the medicals are passed it may not be reflected on the MyCIC, as the officer may not have updated it. You can send a webform and ask for the status of your medical report.

As regards BIL, if you have given biometrics in the last 10 years for any TRV, you are exempt from giving it again as the previous biometrics will be taken into account.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html?fbclid=IwAR1azUIDKEfDmZDLO1G3UxR-CR_dkQLFotncjGIqG9IAl5wp79-GzA6Xsbw

To verify the biometrics, see https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?fbclid=IwAR1ODCDR8-_KfYKplN3Wf3Bmh7NTSVyp7nXbTb9VczOCK-liyFkykIZK5JQ

If you have never given biometrics before, you will receive the letter in due course.

RahulBhave123

Sep 5, 2018
Usually the Medicals are evaluated and passed along with the R10. Did you ask your panel physician the date the medicals were transmitted. It can take 30-45 days after the medicals are transmitted to be reflected passed.

If your UCI number has changed from a temp one to a permanent one, and now your have a progress bar, it indicates that your application has been entered into the GCMS and the processing has commenced.

Also, sometimes, even when the medicals are passed it may not be reflected on the MyCIC, as the officer may not have updated it. You can send a webform and ask for the status of your medical report.

As regards BIL, if you have given biometrics in the last 10 years for any TRV, you are exempt from giving it again as the previous biometrics will be taken into account.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html?fbclid=IwAR1azUIDKEfDmZDLO1G3UxR-CR_dkQLFotncjGIqG9IAl5wp79-GzA6Xsbw

To verify the biometrics, see https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?fbclid=IwAR1ODCDR8-_KfYKplN3Wf3Bmh7NTSVyp7nXbTb9VczOCK-liyFkykIZK5JQ

If you have never given biometrics before, you will receive the letter in due course.

Thank you for information.

Reactions: legalfalcon