+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

RahulBhave123

Sep 5, 2018
No. Only if your change your country of residence, you have to inform IRCC. Also, you do not need to change the address in your passport.

Thank you...
I have one more query.
I have shown FD as POF. Now my FD has matured and credited to my bank account. Do I need to inform IRCC in this case?

kunal56india

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes ,

After getting PR card in Canada,

1) What's the process if the PR card holder legally changes name? Does the name in Pr Card have to be updated?

2) Does the name have to updated in Indian passport also?

3) If the name change is done in Canada, does it still have to be updated in Indian passport and is this to be done at Indian embassy?

Kindly share your invaluable inputs. Thank you very much.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you...
I have one more query.
I have shown FD as POF. Now my FD has matured and credited to my bank account. Do I need to inform IRCC in this case?
No you do not have to inform IRCC. You can keep the funds in your account, or make a new FD. If ever, IRCC asks for a revised PoF, you can provide the copy of the matured FD, funds transfer to your account, and the current status of the funds.

All IRCC needs to see is that you have maintained the funds.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

1) What's the process if the PR card holder legally changes name? Does the name in Pr Card have to be updated?

3) If the name change is done in Canada, does it still have to be updated in Indian passport and is this to be done at Indian embassy?

If you legally change your name, all your official documents have to reflect the name change.

1. Yes, your name change has to be reflected in your Passport, PR card and all official identity documents.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. Until you become a Canadian citizen, your Indian passport is your official identity documents. You cannot travel with a passport and a PR card that have different details. For the name change in your Indian passport you will need the following:
  • For change in name – Two original advertisements regarding change in name in two daily leading newspapers one in Canada and the other in India – circulated in area of your permanent address in India and present address in Canada + 2 Govt issued IDs in the desired name.
  • Sworn Notarized Affidavit by the applicant mentioning about change in name.
  • Original landing record / immigration paper with a photocopy.
  • The Consulate shall inform the applicant in case any additional document is required.
See https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pages.php?id=22

For Canada:

All the details are available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/change-name.html

Last edited:

RahulBhave123

Sep 5, 2018
No you do not have to inform IRCC. You can keep the funds in your account, or make a new FD. If ever, IRCC asks for a revised PoF, you can provide the copy of the matured FD, funds transfer to your account, and the current status of the funds.

All IRCC needs to see is that you have maintained the funds.
Thank you @legalfalcon

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes ,

Here are some resources

I legally changed my name. How do I update my PR card?
You need to apply for a new PR card to change the name on your card. Make sure you include documents that support the change.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=721&top=4

https://passport.in.ckgs.us/faq/change-of-name/965/-explain-the-change-in-name-process#965

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My office location is changing this week. Do I have to inform IRCC about it.
Aor 9th july
Eligibility not started yet
Not required. Only if the person who signed the reference letter or contact information on your reference letter is changing, you have to inform IRCC so that they are aware in case they decide to contact your employer for verification.

hariom123

Oct 14, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I hope you are doing well. Today I have received my minor daughter's new passport request from IRCC because old passport is going to expire in the coming months. My question is can we know my application status(Eligibility, Criminality, and Security completed) based on this request. Thanks in advance! My AOR is on July 1, 2020.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I hope you are doing well. Today I have received my minor daughter's new passport request from IRCC because old passport is going to expire in the coming months. My question is can we know my application status(Eligibility, Criminality, and Security completed) based on this request. Thanks in advance! My AOR is on July 1, 2020.

It is very difficult to gauge the exact stage just by a communication for an updated document form IRCC.

Most most, when an updated documents is requested, it is during the final stage, i.e. after all processing has been finalised and the application is ready for a decision. This is purely based on anecdotal evidence. During the final stage IRCC will review all documents to make sure that they are valid. The documents usually are passports, medicals, PCCs etc.

However, given that your AoR is July 2020, it seems too quick. Send a webform and inquire or request your GCMS notes. They will give you a much better and clearer picture.

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Kindly reply pls.. so stressed.. do anyone with primary applicant inland and dependent Outland received call for biometrics...

swtcici

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi, does anyone know that recently how long does it take for background check? I called IRCC and the officer said I passed eligibility, medical check and biometric done, now I'm underling security checking...
E-APR July 28,2020,

jasonc0408

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi, does anyone know that recently how long does it take for background check? I called IRCC and the officer said I passed eligibility, medical check and biometric done, now I'm underling security checking...
E-APR July 28,2020,
July 02 AOR, given Bio on Oct 14th. Security not even started. looks its gonna be a long raid.

Oct 19, 2020
AOR July 11 (Inland, CEC)
Biometrics done 02 Oct

Called IRCC they said I have passed medical and biometrics
now its background check.
VO Ottawa (so far)
Any idea how long for COPR and PR card after copr
I have a great job awaiting for me cant start untill my immigration thing is sorted out. Kindly somebody share your experience

Big Thankxx :)