+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

SameerNazeer

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Anybody here got their medical extended? mine does i guess, coz before in my account it was showing medical passed Oct 20, 2020 and from couple of weeks now its showing u don't need medicals right now..

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Congrats.
Wrote IELTS 8 times , then got ITA in 2019, had to decline due to unavoidable circumstances. Then rentered in dec 2019, scores went high. So again wrote IELTS and increased score maxed out IELTS and then got ITA in Marc 2020. Submitted docs in Apr2020. Medicals eligibility conclusively passed by officer by1st week of Aug. since then I think my application is in limbo. God only knows the stress I am going through. All my friends who applied after my got their CoPR ,latest being one who applied in Jan2021. And when IRCC call centre agent says due to COVID timelines are screwed , sometimes I feel, is it only for Feb to April 2020 applications, timelines are screwed by COVID. If you see rest all applications. Utmost in 8 months decisions are made.
So 2017 June was first when I wrote IELTS.
I often wonder is it worth? These days just doing my work. Even now sharing this because, I feel, we need to start enjoying life and forget all these and whenever it comes it comes else... ...
Man it’s kinda sad, just hang in there things will work out soon. Try ordering your file or call and see what’s happening with your application

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello All - received my GCMS notes today and saw that the status of my biometrics shows as - Poor quality. The VFS person had put in a comment that it is poor quality due to dry skin condition. Not sure if I should simply go back to the VFS and give the fingerprint again or should I reach out to IRCC through webform. If anyone has had a similar experience and can guide that would be really helpful. @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello All - received my GCMS notes today and saw that the status of my biometrics shows as - Poor quality. The VFS person had put in a comment that it is poor quality due to dry skin condition. Not sure if I should simply go back to the VFS and give the fingerprint again or should I reach out to IRCC through webform. If anyone has had a similar experience and can guide that would be really helpful. @legalfalcon

You do not have to contact IRCC. If IRCC needs you to provide another set of fingerprints, you will be informed.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/conditions.html

IBIDS accepts poor quality fingerprints and provides real-time feedback to advise officers when a poor quality fingerprint has been taken.

When CIBIDS advises officers of a poor quality fingerprint, the officer should attempt to take the fingerprint again.

However, the officer can also choose to accept the poor quality fingerprint. The officer must select the appropriate reason for why a poor quality fingerprint was accepted. Officers have the option of including additional notes and should define and record alternative reasons for the acceptance, where appropriate.

The information is displayed in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) and is visible to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officer assessing the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/administration/fingerprints.html

Temporary conditions and poor quality biometrics
In cases where an applicant’s physical condition prevents the officer from obtaining good quality fingerprints or a good quality photograph, either of the following scenarios can take place:

• the officer may defer the biometric enrolment until the applicant’s condition improves, if there is a reasonable expectation of improvement in a short time
  • the applicant may choose to defer the biometric enrolment until the condition improves
Officers should check the window of time an applicant has to enrol. If the enrolment period specified in the Biometric Instruction Letter will be exceeded, the applicant must notify IRCC.

a_sharath

Dec 15, 2019
Hi, In GCMS notes, it says Name on application changed, but name is actually not changed, it is displaying same name in Old and New values, but only province or statename is missing in new value
is it a problem?

Old value: Lastname, Firstname, DOB, Gender, City, Province, Country
New value: Lastname, Firstname, DOB, Gender, City, Country

please help.

Thanks

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
You do not have to contact IRCC. If IRCC needs you to provide another set of fingerprints, you will be informed.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/conditions.html

IBIDS accepts poor quality fingerprints and provides real-time feedback to advise officers when a poor quality fingerprint has been taken.

When CIBIDS advises officers of a poor quality fingerprint, the officer should attempt to take the fingerprint again.

However, the officer can also choose to accept the poor quality fingerprint. The officer must select the appropriate reason for why a poor quality fingerprint was accepted. Officers have the option of including additional notes and should define and record alternative reasons for the acceptance, where appropriate.

The information is displayed in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) and is visible to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officer assessing the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/administration/fingerprints.html

Temporary conditions and poor quality biometrics
In cases where an applicant’s physical condition prevents the officer from obtaining good quality fingerprints or a good quality photograph, either of the following scenarios can take place:

• the officer may defer the biometric enrolment until the applicant’s condition improves, if there is a reasonable expectation of improvement in a short time
  • the applicant may choose to defer the biometric enrolment until the condition improves
Officers should check the window of time an applicant has to enrol. If the enrolment period specified in the Biometric Instruction Letter will be exceeded, the applicant must notify IRCC.
Thank you for the response @legalfalcon . However my concern is from the fact that it is showing bio - pass incase of my spouse for biometrics. While in my case if shows poor quality and I feel my application is simpler stuck because of this. Can this be the case?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the response @legalfalcon . However my concern is from the fact that it is showing bio - pass incase of my spouse for biometrics. While in my case if shows poor quality and I feel my application is simpler stuck because of this. Can this be the case?
If you read the links, if your fingerprints are not acceptable, IRCC will ask you to give them again. The protocol for how the poor quality fingerprints are to be processed is cited in detail in the links provided.

Just give it some time and you will see progress.

Reactions: Hetal0990

tara123

Oct 22, 2020
I got a ghost update today! Hopefully good news is on the way! :)
I think if I count all the ghost updates from the beginning, it is probably the 8th or 9th!!! I hope this means something.

Reactions: Kerikeri

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
If you read the links, if your fingerprints are not acceptable, IRCC will ask you to give them again. The protocol for how the poor quality fingerprints are to be processed is cited in detail in the links provided.

Just give it some time and you will see progress.
Thank you @legalfalcon . The good part is that the GCMS notes shows that eligibility has been passed. Also, I had requested for a web form for another matter and on top of the answer to the question I had asked they mentioned that "we are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application" . Not sure if this means anything important or significant. Could you shed some light on it? My application shows - Eligibility passed, info sharing complete, criminality in progress pending biometrics and security yet to start. Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon . The good part is that the GCMS notes shows that eligibility has been passed. Also, I had requested for a web form for another matter and on top of the answer to the question I had asked they mentioned that "we are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application" . Not sure if this means anything important or significant. Could you shed some light on it? My application shows - Eligibility passed, info sharing complete, criminality in progress pending biometrics and security yet to start. Thank you for your help!
This is a generic response. If your eligibility is passed, you are in good. Just make sure that your eligibility is conclusively passed by an officer.

See #4,004

Once your eligibility is conclusively passed, your security will be initiated. See https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: Hetal0990

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
This is a generic response. If your eligibility is passed, you are in good. Just make sure that your eligibility is conclusively passed by an officer.

See #4,004

Once your eligibility is conclusively passed, your security will be initiated.
The latest comments in eligibility where everything is outlined in detail starts with the text (This is in the last 2 to 5 pages of GCMS) -. "Review Type - A 11.2 Case processing Agent Application and then the application ID is mentioned" is this recommended pass or conclusively passed? Apologies I couldn't locate the text that was mentioned in the thread reference you have above. Thank you for all your help on this.