+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

asif8782

Nov 22, 2020
So I got hold of an agent, he couldn’t give me additional infos. He said to write a letter explaining my diplomas were obtained in Canada and therefore didn’t need a Canadian equivalence. He also said criminality was passed

I have a new issue now: I do not see any option to add my document. It doesn’t appear anymore in my document checklist page.
You can write a letter and submit a webform attaching this letter. When submitting webform you need to provide PR application ID or UCI... that is how the information provided in webform will be transmitted to your PR application.
Hope that helps!

asif8782

Nov 22, 2020
Not sure if it’s correct I personally know many people on open work permit and got PR and 50 points are considered.
You get 50 points for job offer if this job is based on an approved LMIA. However, if you don't have an approved LMIA, the only way to claim that 50 points is if your job is LMIA exempt (which is the case if you are working on a closed work permit)... so in other words you if you have an open work permit and working in a job that is not LMIA approved, you cannot claim 50 points for job offer.

naorjul20

Jan 18, 2021
You get 50 points for job offer if this job is based on an approved LMIA. However, if you don't have an approved LMIA, the only way to claim that 50 points is if your job is LMIA exempt (which is the case if you are working on a closed work permit)... so in other words you if you have an open work permit and working in a job that is not LMIA approved, you cannot claim 50 points for job offer.
Yeah thats the blunder we did wish the application asked for type of WP as my spouse also got the invite later and had a close work permit but we choose mine to proceed with that time :-(

bradh928

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
The letter did not precise what education level they wanted to have an assessment on. I assume they are pretty much asking me if I completed my university bachelor, which if the case, would add me points? But why would I care about these points since my score is already higher than the tie-break? Isn’t only the highest diploma the one that counts for the points (in this case- my pilot licences- obtained in Canada)?

Thanks in advance for any help!
I believe credential evaluation reports would only apply for education obtained outside of Canada. I also delcared I that I finished my Masters in Canada, but my undergrad in my home country. For the latter, when asked if I have a degree equivalency, I stated no. I think to avoid delays in the processing, I would still comply with the request.

Just curious, what was the prior education requirement of the post-secondary pilot program license you enrolled in, in Canada? Was an undergrad degree not a pre-requisite of the program?

naorjul20

Jan 18, 2021
@legalfalcon sorry I am asking too many questions.
But now I am 100% sure that I am not going to get Arranged employment points due to my misunderstanding that open work permit is also included. Please advise should I withdraw the application and my spouse can file in the next round he has a score of 468 and he has closed WP.
I am assuming he can’t submit a pr application if he is listed as dependent on my ongoing PR application thats the reason I am thinking to withdraw .

nimit.anand

Apr 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
But now I am 100% sure that I am not going to get Arranged employment points due to my misunderstanding that open work permit is also included. Please advise should I withdraw the application and my spouse can file in the next round he has a score of 468 and he has closed WP.
I am assuming he can’t submit a pr application if he is listed as dependent on my ongoing PR application thats the reason I am thinking to withdraw .
Just having closed work permit wont fetch you 50 points. you need to meet the criteria of 'valid job offer'.
please see the link below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The WP by itself won't get your 50 additional points. You also have to meet the other criteria.

A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
If you have claimed 50 points and you do not meet the above, but your CRS score is more then the required cutoff that even if the 50 points are not awarded, you will not fall below then you might as well let the application be.

naorjul20

Jan 18, 2021
The WP by itself won't get your 50 additional points. You also have to meet the other criteria.

If you have claimed 50 points and you do not meet the above, but your CRS score is more then the required cutoff that even if the 50 points are not awarded, you will not fall below then you might as well let the application be.
No the points have fallen below the minimum for that round. The minimum points for the round was 464 after loosing 50 points i am at 416.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No the points have fallen below the minimum for that round. The minimum points for the round was 464 after loosing 50 points i am at 416.
Can you not get a letter from your employer? Or what exactly is the issue you are facing?

naorjul20

Jan 18, 2021
Can you not get a letter from your employer? Or what exactly is the issue you are facing?
I am on a open work permit and assumed that my employment is LMIA exempt and took 50 points for arranged employment. Which are not being considered and even if the employer provides the letter to confirm future employment I will not get the arranged employment points as I am on open wp. Due to this my crs point have fallen below the minimum for that round and eligibility is in review required.
So I am asking your suggestion on this scenario should I withdraw the application and my husband can file if he gets the ITA in next round he is eligible for CEC and have 468 points

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Please make sure his employer can support the PR process and give a letter for PR purposes. The closed work permit alone may not be sufficient. Some companies wont provide a supporting letter specific to PR may cause issue again.

Reactions: kunal56india