Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Passport got stamped and its dispatched back to VFS application center.

Biometric enrollment form for VFS submissiom comes in 24 hours. The acknowledgement letter of Biometric has no timeline. Hope someome else in group may share their input.
About correspondence letter its very subjective. Normally they send correspondence after they made a preliminary or final decision on your application. Its either rejection or acceptance. If the case is straight like Yey or Ney , they send the decision very next day.

In case if the background check is not completed and they approve your eligibility for the application and made primary decision, they wait till the completion of background checks. These checks processing length varies from person to person so the time duration is variable.

pritparikh15

May 7, 2018
Seattle, WA
This is for my mom, applied from US.

Citizenship: Indian
US Visa: Visitor

Online Application: July 18, 2019
Submission Confirmation: July 18, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter: July 19, 2019
Biometrics Completed: August 02, 2019
Background Check Started: August 02, 2019

This is a far too long time considering, my mom holds US Visitor Visa since 2007, she has Canadian visitor visa in the last 10 years as well.

Does anyone know if this is longer than usual?

Voice19

Jul 23, 2019
It was really odd, my PR even took only 4 days to get processed. I guess the guy at the counter was new and might be he was not aware of the fact. to get visa stamp it usually wont take more than 7 day day and in some cases it can take 10 days. So I am expecting to get it back sooner than he mentioned.

The package transmission charges are Pkr 1465. The consent form was in the case if the principal applicant is not going to submit the passport. You can keep those form but they will return them back to you.
Submitted pp today, was told that it’ll take about a week..

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

This is a far too long time considering, my mom holds US Visitor Visa since 2007, she has Canadian visitor visa in the last 10 years as well.

It looks like the processing is extremely slow. The background check started is automatic default process once Biometric is received. Probably the application is yet to reviewed by an Officer.

My parents' visit Visa application
Submitted on 17Jul
Biometric completed 24Jul
No update since then. Background check started after Biometric was received.
Visa office - New Delhi

The webform query said application is in queue for processing.

I think it is general delay, not application specific delay..so wait and behold is best option.

pritparikh15

May 7, 2018
Seattle, WA
What a coincidence!! Just now I got a request for passport.

pritparikh15

May 7, 2018
Seattle, WA
It looks like the processing is extremely slow. The background check started is automatic default process once Biometric is received. Probably the application is yet to reviewed by an Officer.

My parents' visit Visa application
Submitted on 17Jul
Biometric completed 24Jul
No update since then. Background check started after Biometric was received.
Visa office - New Delhi

The webform query said application is in queue for processing.

I think it is general delay, not application specific delay..so wait and behold is best option.
We had a plan to go to Canada next week, but I will have to cancel it now. Although, we got the request for passport today.

idntcaredou

Aug 13, 2019
my timeline so far

applied on 8 aug
confirmation on 8 aug
biometrics collection on 14 aug
biometrics submited 16 aug
so far no change in application they r still checking background.

Nomiabbasi

Aug 14, 2019
Hi,
I have applied for TRV for canada on 3rd july 2019 from UAE. I have submitted online application. I did my biometric on 29 july 2019. I got my correspondence letter on 15 august.Today is 22nd august but still i didnt hear anything from them till now.
Kindly write me if someone knows about it or guide me please

Jo19

Aug 22, 2019
Hii there applied for my mother online and its said 18 days but I'm waiting more than 18 day help me I waiting for my daughter baptism to be

Karachi007

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Received passport back ( Visa validity till the Passport expiry date )

Complete timeline
Application (Online) - July 26 (Mother)
Biometrics Request - July 27
Biometrics Submitted - July 31
Status changed to Biometrics Complete - July 31
Background Check Started - July 31 - Completed July 31
Eligibility Review started - Aug 4 - Completed Aug 7
Correspondence Letter - Aug 8
PPR - August 14
Passport Submitted to VFS (KHI,PK ) - Aug 19
Visa Stamped (Islamabad, CA Embassy ) - Aug 21
Returned back to VFS KHI Aug 22

Total duration 27 Day

I m

Dec 14, 2016
Hi,

I applied for my Sister and her Husband for TRV canada.

Application type: Paper
Application Date: 16th August 2019
Biometrics were done with Application.
Applied from India Ahmedabada VAC.

And waiting...

Nomiabbasi

Aug 14, 2019
Passport got stamped and its dispatched back to VFS application center.

About correspondence letter its very subjective. Normally they send correspondence after they made a preliminary or final decision on your application. Its either rejection or acceptance. If the case is straight like Yey or Ney , they send the decision very next day.

In case if the background check is not completed and they approve your eligibility for the application and made primary decision, they wait till the completion of background checks. These checks processing length varies from person to person so the time duration is variable.

Nomiabbasi

Aug 14, 2019
Hi,
Its quite urgent if someone can guide me. I applied for TRV on 3rd july 2019. Done my biometric on 29 july, got my correspondence letter on 15 august 2019. After that i didn't heard anything from them. Please help me if it is normal or what could be their decision

Karachi007

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Hi,
Its quite urgent if someone can guide me. I applied for TRV on 3rd july 2019. Done my biometric on 29 july, got my correspondence letter on 15 august 2019. After that i didn't heard anything from them. Please help me if it is normal or what could be their decision
What is the current status ? is you background checks and Eligibility review still in progress ??

Correspondence letter does not guarantee a visa nor a sign of refusal if there is a delay.

Nomiabbasi

Aug 14, 2019
What is the current status ? is you background checks and Eligibility review still in progress ??

Correspondence letter does not guarantee a visa nor a sign of refusal if there is a delay.
There is written that we are checking ur background and elogibilty. I even filled web form as well and sent but still didnt get anything from them