+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jersey1

Mar 22, 2020
Hi all

My application start was July 29, I already had biometric data and medical exams, they were approved, since February I have not heard anything. someone in the same situation?
Same here. Application July 5. AOR in early September 2019. Medicals, etc. done in November but somehow the IRCC only "got" them in December (although doctor was supposed to submit then). "Started processing" (Mississauga) January 30, 2020. CSQ granted by QC Gov't on March 3, 2020.

Zero news, zero updates since... last week we hit 1 year. We will see... big fail in terms of communications!

Kats87

Jun 28, 2020
Same here. Application July 5. AOR in early September 2019. Medicals, etc. done in November but somehow the IRCC only "got" them in December (although doctor was supposed to submit then). "Started processing" (Mississauga) January 30, 2020. CSQ granted by QC Gov't on March 3, 2020.

Zero news, zero updates since... last week we hit 1 year. We will see... big fail in terms of communications!
If it's horrible and stressful, log into the June forum and no one seems to have been sent any updates.

jinjin_2020

Jul 12, 2020

Don't expect to get any update soon. The government has blatantly announced that money is what matters most.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/07/minister-mendicino-announces-changes-to-facilitate-online-learning-for-international-students.html?fbclid=IwAR0uNPVSyzIv-JP4r5hbVd3r-PqspduM2xSjM5YqlDToOC0AV5AbzsdM860

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
"International students make immense cultural and social contributions to Canada".
So families don't make contributions?
IRCC should prioritize family sponsorship besides students can start online classes outside of Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: pardis.tabar

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
"International students make immense cultural and social contributions to Canada".
So families don't make contributions?
IRCC should prioritize family sponsorship besides students can start online classes outside of Canada.
If you read the announcement carefully, most of the specific measures announced are meant to make it easier for foreign students to study online, with the implication that they will not need to return to Canada to do so.

Specifically: students will be able to count time studying online (while abroad) towards post-grad work permit, and providing a two-stage approval process (which, if I understand correctly, means that they can enroll and start studies from abroad even if they haven't received the final student permit).

That's it in terms of specific measures, except for the vague "priority processing" for those with complete applications - and only for online applications.

Taken together: these measures should be neutral for family class applicants, and possibly positive. The specific measures reduce the demand for visa offices to urgently produce study permits (including visas), as some students can/will (presumably) remain in their home countries. In part because they know it will qualify for the post-grad work permit and they can begin their course of studies without receiving the final study permit.

Also the implication of saying priority for online applications (i.e. only) means they can be processed more quickly, with staff working remotely. The unstated part of this is that foreign students applying should absolutely not submit paper applications - and hopefully for family class this means more of the staff and systems to handle paper applications will be free to deal with our applications.

A final note: this is dated July 14, shortly after the announcement that the US would not be allowing students studying online only to even remain in the USA. So in part this is also a reaffirmation to foreign students studying in Canada that nothing of the sort will happen in Canada - to reassure them. And perhaps a little bit of 'come to Canada to study' trolling re the USA. (As I understand the US announcement in this respect has been reversed, though, just yesterday)

Anyway: don't assume that everything that announces something else is also a 'priority' means family class has been downgraded. They are different programs with different processing requirements. It's not all zero sum. (Doesn't mean I'm happy with how family class are being handled, mind, and I hope they figure something out soon to deal with the backlog)

Frankly apart from the implications for students, I think family class applicants should be reassured here for another reason: there is no sign so far the government is moving against immigration, despite the obvious economic challenges. It doesn't mean that changes to processing are coming soon, but at least no general anti-immigration turn in policies as in some/many other countries right now.

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
They’re only focus on inland and student. Mostly I know and indian student pay 20-30k Dollars/2 year studying. Canada government now just want money. Same as business doing. Before Covid $1.99 dollar, after COVID $3.99 dollar. I don’t see any reduced price to help people cannot affords. They just increased everything and everything. All is about money now.

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Hi guys, wishing everyone good luck.
I wanted to update you guys with my application that I've got my pre-arrival letter today. I don't know whether an interview will be required or not.
Waiting for your kind replies.
Thank you

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
omg mubarak, was ur app at lvo ?
thanks dear, yes I am July 2019 Applicant. My application is being processed in Ankara VO.

Mokrbi

Sep 17, 2019
I applied sponsorship outland since 15/july/2019 my application proccing time finished in 15/july/2020
The latsest update receive it from CIC
Pre arrival latter before that no any new news any one here same my case

Reactions: Juliettetteh