Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Am I the only one who got super excited looking at the spreadsheet when I saw applications complete in less than 3 months, only to realize only these are cases sent to Mississauga. And specific countries get sent to Mississauga while the other are sent to VO that take around 12 months for completion. I also feel that citizens and families with children should be given a certain priority, but I may be biased. Just my little rant <3
I also got excited to see some cases finalized in 3 months only, but i think it depends on the country you r applying from and your visa office as well.

I wish ur assessment is correct on about priority for families having kids, coz i also have a 1 and half year daughter back home.

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
Please see in lines,
  1. How do they count the days? --> Its calendar days, NOT the working days
  2. When is the last day I can be at the VAC office? Is it October 03 or October 04? --> It is October 04...It says ON or before...
  3. Does the VAC office send it directly? --> Yes they will send and you will see in you online profile, that it has been updated (If you link your application)
Thanks a million

knmacneil

Aug 19, 2019
Heya folks!

Question for anyone who might have an answer:
My husband is sponsoring me (US Citizen living in US) and when we first started our application process, the CIC website said biometrics were not required for US Citizens. It looks like there was some small print saying that US Citizens were required to provide biometrics if applying for PR. So we didn't pay the $85 fee when we submitted our application - oops.

We got our AOR and the next day I was asked to pay the fee, which I did within the hour (and submitted the receipt via the link they provided). Does anyone have any idea how long this will set our application back for? We were hoping it would be processed quickly given our situation, but now we're a little concerned.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

App Received: July 17
AOR: Sept 12
Bio Fee Request: Sept 13 (Paid same day)

yushistanley

Sep 16, 2019
Hi,

Received July 22nd
AOR Sep 13
Biometrics request Sep 15

AOR was sent to my common law partner (my sponsor)'s email address - is this correct?

I am living in Canada on a temporary work permit. Does this mean I have to leave Canada to do my biometrics? It says I can only go to a US ASC office if I am already in the US legally. Does this mean I can't do my biometrics in the US? So I have to fly to Mexico or somewhere else just to do my biometrics? It just seems very strange..

Please help if you can!

Annie03

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
I just linked my application with my GCkey but my account is showing till bio-metric request status although i already booked an appointment for Medical too.
GCkey account need some time to update the status ??
is anyone out here experienced the same issue??

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Heya folks!

My husband is sponsoring me (US Citizen living in US) and when we first started our application process, the CIC website said biometrics were not required for US Citizens. It looks like there was some small print saying that US Citizens were required to provide biometrics if applying for PR. So we didn't pay the $85 fee when we submitted our application - oops.

We got our AOR and the next day I was asked to pay the fee, which I did within the hour (and submitted the receipt via the link they provided). Does anyone have any idea how long this will set our application back for? We were hoping it would be processed quickly given our situation, but now we're a little concerned.

I'm not an expert, but I believe they don't wait for results before continuing to process your case. I got the bio request and the night before I went to do it I got the medical request. If you look at the spreadsheets you will notice that many times the case will be sent to a VO office or a next step will happen between the bio/med request and pass dates, meaning they aren't waiting for the results, they just want it done before they approve the PR.

I explained that chaotically and may not be correct, but it's just an observation :)

Reactions: Jupoleon

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I also got excited to see some cases finalized in 3 months only, but i think it depends on the country you r applying from and your visa office as well.

I wish ur assessment is correct on about priority for families having kids, coz i also have a 1 and half year daughter back home.
It's tough ! I'm luckily in China with my family, but I can't wait to go back and show them Canada. And Chinese politics are a complete mess.

If you are Pakistani like the flag on your profile shows, then you are probably sent to London VO, right ? Apparently it's quite backlogged and slow, I feel they should send some of the cases to Mississauga, like they do with almost all of the Indian cases.

Yvette033

Sep 8, 2019
Heya folks!

Hi, did you get any news? Cause I am in the same case. Paid on 14th Sept.

Sep 7, 2017
I sent my application to sponsor my spouse to Sydney on 19 July 2019, its opened on 13 September 2019, got the Bio-metric on 15 September 2019 and completed on 16-09-2019. I would like to move to another province Ontario with a new address, I am not sure if I need to inform the CIC because the information on the forms I sent relates to me living and working in my current province Quebec. Would it mean my application would be returned, rejected, delayed or simply those details changed without a problem.

Thank you

Rajnavi

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2019
App received July 23
AOR: Sept 15
Started processing as per ECAS: Sept 13
Finally :)
AOR email was sent to my representative, I thought it would be sent to me as a sponsor! Anyways she emailed me pretty quick which was good :)
Will it be right to say that my husband will get his BR and Medical within 4-5 days now? And medical request or BR will be shown in ECAS?
Thanks a lot :)

NewCanadaIam

Sep 5, 2019
App received July 23
AOR: Sept 15
Started processing as per ECAS: Sept 13
Finally :)
AOR email was sent to my representative, I thought it would be sent to me as a sponsor! Anyways she emailed me pretty quick which was good :)
Will it be right to say that my husband will get his BR and Medical within 4-5 days now? And medical request or BR will be shown in ECAS?
Thanks a lot :)
Will it be right to say that my husband will get his BR and Medical within 4-5 days now? --> Depends on your applications falls under which local VISA office. From the trends, it is 4-5 days mostly for the Mississauga Local VISA office people.

canuckinla

Jun 25, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-07-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
Any idea how long it takes to get SA when the sponsor is not living in Canada? I'm the sponsor living in the US (dual citizen) sponsoring my wife who is also a US citizen.

I got AOR Sept 5 but nothing since. Getting anxious.

Kz_hasn

May 21, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
23-10-2019
AOR Received.
19-10-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2020
Med's Request
25-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
Hi guys,

Did any one else received AOR today.

Thanks

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March &amp; 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
It's tough ! I'm luckily in China with my family, but I can't wait to go back and show them Canada. And Chinese politics are a complete mess.

If you are Pakistani like the flag on your profile shows, then you are probably sent to London VO, right ? Apparently it's quite backlogged and slow, I feel they should send some of the cases to Mississauga, like they do with almost all of the Indian cases.
Yes you are right, LVO is slow. I hope We can get our turns quickly :)