Sep 11, 2019
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi everyone,

I just received a letter that says:

“This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in LONDON will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.”

Is this AIP or DM? Or both?

Thanks

Reactions: Lin44

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

“This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent

Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in LONDON will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.”

Thanks
I think this is the DM, when you get AIP (approved in principle) it says something like you meet the elegibility but they are still waiting for your medicals and stuff before making the decision

Nsala86

Oct 17, 2019
Hi everyone, my background check isn't done yet. July 25th applicant, medical passed December 7th. That was my last update. Should I call them and check in?
Call and check. Same was going on with me and I found out they’re transferring my application to etobicoke for further assessment which usually means the application will take a lot longer. Hope the same didn’t happen to you

Reactions: may2019

Lin44

Nov 21, 2019
Call and check. Same was going on with me and I found out they’re transferring my application to etobicoke for further assessment which usually means the application will take a lot longer. Hope the same didn’t happen to you
Mine was transferred to etobicoke in February pls what should I do

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hello, I'm applying my Husband Permanent Residence application under spouse or common-law partner in Canada class as he is on work permit in Canada. While applying and filling IMM0008 Form, I do not see option where I can choose "Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class" or "inland application" (Question 1: Program under which you are applying). This question's answer does not have option other than "Family ".

I don't want to apply my spouse application under "Family Class" because it is different way to apply.

Please suggest.
For IMM0008, you will have to select 'Family' for Question 1: Program under which you are applying. Form IMM0008 is a generic application form and is common for all the immigration applications for Canada.

Codstop

Aug 20, 2019
Thank you for the advice, do you have any tips to how to talk to an actual agent? I finally got to that part but they said no one is available and just hung up. Perhaps there's an extension code?

Nsala86

Oct 17, 2019
Thank you for the advice, do you have any tips to how to talk to an actual agent? I finally got to that part but they said no one is available and just hung up. Perhaps there's an extension code?
Yes. Call the regular number 888-242-2100 then use options 2110 to get to an agent. It seems like you’re hitting prompts for something unrelated to your case when you do this, but an agent always answers and they’re always able to answer my questions when I get through this way.

Nsala86

Oct 17, 2019
Mine was transferred to etobicoke in February pls what should I do
There’s really nothing we can do once this happens. It’s just a longer waiting game. Usually t means they have further questions about your admissibility to Canada or how genuine your relationship is.

Lin44

Nov 21, 2019
There’s really nothing we can do once this happens. It’s just a longer waiting game. Usually t means they have further questions about your admissibility to Canada or how genuine your relationship is.
Thank you for responding, dose this mean they will call me for interview? And while I wait do you think I should apply for gcms note

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

Thanks
It's both. Congratulations! The next step will be invitation to an interview!

Momof4

Jan 21, 2020
all done good luck to all my anxiety went in over drive on way to landing interview made myself sick and it was simple other then our guy was little rude compared to the others as I am wife and interpreter didn't even ask who I was and didn't let me speaker said interview be over if I did the other officers ask hi how are you and this person with you is .... Ext... But important is got copr

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
all done good luck to all my anxiety went in over drive on way to landing interview made myself sick and it was simple other then our guy was little rude compared to the others as I am wife and interpreter didn't even ask who I was and didn't let me speaker said interview be over if I did the other officers ask hi how are you and this person with you is .... Ext... But important is got copr
Congratulations!! Happy for you ;)

Nsala86

Oct 17, 2019
It’s possible they will call you in for a relationship interview if that’s the reason they’ve transferred the application. I ordered GCMS notes and it might be a good idea for you to do the same so you know exactly the reason for the transfer. That way you can prepare for whatever they ask for next.

Thank you for responding, dose this mean they will call me for interview? And while I wait do you think I should apply for gcms note

Lin44

Nov 21, 2019
It’s possible they will call you in for a relationship interview if that’s the reason they’ve transferred the application. I ordered GCMS notes and it might be a good idea for you to do the same so you know exactly the reason for the transfer. That way you can prepare for whatever they ask for next.
Pls how do I order a GCMS notes pls I tried I can't seems to understand it pls