+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hey, I just got a ghost update on my account. Did anyone get something similar? See the timeline under the google sheets. The was application received July 30th.
A lot of July applicants have, it means movement on your application. Ghost updates are when one part of your background check is done. I believe there are two parts

Romesha

Aug 5, 2019
Hi everyone I regarding the medical, the paper that was sent from cic to present to the doctor.

Is the doctor supposed to return the paper to you?

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Hi everyone I regarding the medical, the paper that was sent from cic to present to the doctor.

Is the doctor supposed to return the paper to you?
No, they keep the medical report and give you another documentation instead (receipts etc.)

Reactions: Romesha

Rex p

Jan 4, 2020
July friends, has ANYONE received SA or AIP yet? Any ghost updates?

Received: July 10rd
AOR: August 19th

Med.Rq: 10dec (Passed December 22th)
BGC: November 24
SA:
AIP:
DM:
L.I:

Reactions: Ver94

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
July friends, has ANYONE received SA or AIP yet? Any ghost updates?

Received: July 10rd
AOR: August 19th

Med.Rq: 10dec (Passed December 22th)
BGC: November 24
SA:
AIP:
DM:
L.I:
Nope, not even a ghost update so far..

DiamondGabs

Feb 13, 2019
Hello everyone, so far thats my timeline
July 2- application arrived
August 14- aor
November 23- medical request and bgc started
November 25- medical done
December 6- passed medical
January 17- request letter: proof of cohabitation

I sent a document of 32 pages with proof of cohabitation, I hope is enough, but idk still think is a bad thing

Donna2019

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
August 14- aor

I sent a document of 32 pages with proof of cohabitation, I hope is enough, but idk still think is a bad thing
No I don't think is a bad thing. Don't worry too much. Send you supporting Documents positive thinking all the way!

Reactions: K1w1

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
August 14- aor

What proof did you originally provide?

michaeltoronto

Jan 14, 2020
August 14- aor

Was it the sponsor or the principal applicant that received the request for additional proof of cohabitation?

maryam.k

Sep 11, 2019
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi everyone,
This is my timeline so far:
July 31 : App Received
Sept 4 : AOR
Nov 28 : Med Request
Dec 7 : Med Passed
Jan 6 : BG Started
Jan 14 : Request for PCC from home country

I never sent the PCC from my home country since the guideline asked for PCC’s from:
  • The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more. -> Canada

and

• The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18. -> Canada (I’ve lived in Canada 3 years and 1 year my home country since the age of 18)

I’m not sure why the guidelines aren’t updated if they want PCC from any country the applicant has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18.

I have one month to get the certificate but I’ll probably need to ask for an extension...

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Hi everyone,

I never sent the PCC from my home country since the guideline asked for PCC’s from:
  • The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more. -> Canada

and

• The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18. -> Canada (I’ve lived in Canada 3 years and 1 year my home country since the age of 18)

I’m not sure why the guidelines aren’t updated if they want PCC from any country the applicant has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18.

I have one month to get the certificate but I’ll probably need to ask for an extension...
I totally agree with you. I haven't received any requests from them so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if they asked me to submit additional PCC.

Last edited:

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

and

Omg, I did the same thing. So they will probably ask me for mine as well.

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Hi everyone,

and

And is it possible to ask for an extension? How is it done?

If they give us, for example, only one month to provide them with another PCC and it takes up to 8 weeks to receive the PCC from that country, then we might need an extension, true.. Ugh.