+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

Nsala86

Oct 17, 2019
I have a question and appreciate anybody’s help. We applied for inland spousal sponsorship plus OWP on July 28 and received AOR for the PR and spousal sponsorship on August 31. Should we have received a separate AOR for the work permit? Online it shows the PR in process but nothing about the work permit. Has anybody else had this issue and what did you do about it? Thank you

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
I have a question and appreciate anybody’s help. We applied for inland spousal sponsorship plus OWP on July 28 and received AOR for the PR and spousal sponsorship on August 31. Should we have received a separate AOR for the work permit? Online it shows the PR in process but nothing about the work permit. Has anybody else had this issue and what did you do about it? Thank you
You don't receive an AOR for the work permit. Now you just have to wait for the approval of your OWP, they will let you know by email when that happens. Should be any day now judging by your timeline. Don't worry

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Looking at the spreadsheet, majority of July applicants have received their OWP approval.

I am a bit nervous, because it's been 101 days today since the office received the sponsorship and OWP application, however, I am still unable to link the OWP to my CIC account after all this time. This means I have no information about the process of OWP app and every time I try to call the IRCC agents they are way too busy to answer the phone. I even contacted them via the webform and asked what to do to link it online or if they could at least tell me what progress has been made, but their answer was very unhelpful (saying they received my application and that I can find all the information online etc etc).

I think I need a chocolate and a bubble bath just to shake the stress off otherwise I will have no nails by the end of the week.

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
Looking at the spreadsheet, majority of July applicants have received their OWP approval.

I am a bit nervous, because it's been 101 days today since the office received the sponsorship and OWP application, however, I am still unable to link the OWP to my CIC account after all this time. This means I have no information about the process of OWP app and every time I try to call the IRCC agents they are way too busy to answer the phone. I even contacted them via the webform and asked what to do to link it online or if they could at least tell me what progress has been made, but their answer was very unhelpful (saying they received my application and that I can find all the information online etc etc).

I think I need a chocolate and a bubble bath just to shake the stress off otherwise I will have no nails by the end of the week.
Hi,
Don't worry. Everything will be fine.
I did not really pay attention while I was waiting... Then, my lawyer contacted me it got passed.
If they accept your application, it's just a matter of waiting. :)

good luck

Reactions: TerezaB

Vgomes

Apr 21, 2017
Hi everyone :) I have a question please My husband is sponsor me. The AOR will be in my name or in my husband's name?

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Hi,
Don't worry. Everything will be fine.
I did not really pay attention while I was waiting... Then, my lawyer contacted me it got passed.
If they accept your application, it's just a matter of waiting. :)

good luck
Thank you :) Hopefully it will come soon..

Pavikash

Aug 14, 2019
Hello guys,

any early July applicant who are still waiting for OWP approval ??

Mine is July 2nd and AOR 15 august,
Still waiting for Owp approval.

thanks

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Hello guys,

any early July applicant who are still waiting for OWP approval ??

Mine is July 2nd and AOR 15 august,
Still waiting for Owp approval.

thanks
Yep, July 8th, AOR August 22nd and waiting.

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Confirmed receipt on July 23
August 27 AOR
Received OWP on October 19

It’s already very slow, and it’s very fast to see you.

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
HI,

My Canadian wife just got an email from IRCC regarding the OWP.

They say that apparently the passport SHE provided for this is expired or will expire within 3 months and that we have to submit a valid one.

Here is the fun part: No passport copies we sent with the application are expired nor will they expire within the next three months. They are both valid and expire in three/six years. That's one thing. The second thing is that they sent it to my wife who is Canadian and certainly doesn't need an OWP in order to work in Canada, ehm o_O . Why are they asking and referring to her when the OWP application is under my name only, now that is the ultimate question.

I think they made a mistake and somehow misread the information we provided them with (very funny, yes). You had one job. It made me slightly nervous and now I have to wait until Monday morning to try and give them a call about this weird email. I hope someone will answer the phone. And I also hope their mistake will not delay the OWP process more than it is, because in 2 weeks it will be 4 months of waiting for the OWP approval. Dang it.

What do you think?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
HI,

My Canadian wife just got an email from IRCC regarding the OWP.

They say that apparently the passport SHE provided for this is expired or will expire within 3 months and that we have to submit a valid one.

Here is the fun part: No passport copies we sent with the application are expired nor will they expire within the next three months. They are both valid and expire in three/six years. That's one thing. The second thing is that they sent it to my wife who is Canadian and certainly doesn't need an OWP in order to work in Canada, ehm o_O . Why are they asking and referring to her when the OWP application is under my name only, now that is the ultimate question.

I think they made a mistake and somehow misread the information we provided them with (very funny, yes). You had one job. It made me slightly nervous and now I have to wait until Monday morning to try and give them a call about this weird email. I hope someone will answer the phone. And I also hope their mistake will not delay the OWP process more than it is, because in 2 weeks it will be 4 months of waiting for the OWP approval. Dang it.

What do you think?
Definitely someone made a mistake, and switched your info. Have you linked your OWP on gckey?

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Definitely someone made a mistake, and switched your info. Have you linked your OWP on gckey?
I agree. And no, I have never been able to link it to my profile..