+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
Yes, I did call last week and the call agent said there is nothing I need to do right now since my application is still in progress.. It drives me crazy!
:(
I actually went to seek help with my local MP.
He did helped me out to look into my case, and still just telling me to wait.

Hope we both can get our result soon before renewing the work permit again. $$$$$

Muhammadpk

Star Member
May 18, 2021
any new update?
For the July 2019 Inland group??

thank you,
Yes may 2019 same boat...file trnfr march 2021 local off montreal .they ask in may 27 add docments i send it .29 may2021.till nothing almost 2and half month ..and what about your file?

Muhammadpk

Star Member
May 18, 2021
Hi, I received email from Etobicoke on 1st March 2021, requesting additional docs to support our relationship & cohabitation to submit by 8th March 2021. Did anyone else in the group received same request?
Yes same here almost same date .and still quit .me montreal office what about now latest update plz awaiting reply?

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
Yes may 2019 same boat...file trnfr march 2021 local off montreal .they ask in may 27 add docments i send it .29 may2021.till nothing almost 2and half month ..and what about your file?

my life?
same as usual, working full time as I am in essential field, so nothing change with me since pandemic began.

it just annoyed that need to pay again for workpermit as it's going to be expired in October.

simply annoying!

Jcarb93

Dec 6, 2020
my life?
same as usual, working full time as I am in essential field, so nothing change with me since pandemic began.

it just annoyed that need to pay again for workpermit as it's going to be expired in October.

simply annoying!
Hey, my understanding after speaking with IRCC agent is that your work permit will be under "maintained status" (formerly known as implied status) until your application is processed. (if you submitted OWP app) So you can continue working under your current work permit.

Here's what the document she sent me said:
Maintained status - Temporary resident

As a temporary resident, it is important to apply to extend your stay in Canada, if necessary, before it expires. Following submission of the application, you are considered to have maintained status, previously known as “implied status”.

• If you apply to extend your stay before the expiry date of your current status:
    • you will be considered in status as a temporary resident until a decision is made on your application.
  • If you apply to extend your work or study permit before the expiry date of your current permit, and it expires before a decision is made:
    • you can continue working or studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.
Leaving and re-entering Canada while under maintained status and authorization to work or study:

You may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

• As a temporary resident, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved (if applicable, you must wait* until you receive your new permit before you start to work/study):
    • this applies to you if, among other things:
      • you are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
      • you hold a valid multiple-entry visa, or
      • you have travelled only to the United States (excluding cruises entering international waters) and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon,
  • As a worker or student:
    • if the officer determines that your application to extend your permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
    • if you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
An officer will ask you questions to see if you meet all of the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

*If you applied for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP), you may work in Canada while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application.

Proof of maintained status:

It is recommended that you provide these documents to prove that you have maintained status:

• Your expired immigration document,
  • (If the application was submitted by paper) A copy of the application to extend your stay sent to the Case Processing Centre before the expiration date of your status,
  • (If the application was submitted online) A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your online account,
  • A copy of the fee payment receipt included with the application, and
  • (If applicable) A delivery confirmation from the postal service provider used to send the application.
If you submitted a second extension application and:

Your first application was approved after the receipt of your second application
  • The validity period of your newly issued document and any authorizations will apply while we continue to process your second application.
Your first application was refused or rejected after the receipt of your second application
and
Your original status was still valid when your second application was received
  • You are on maintained status until a decision is made on your second application, and
  • You can continue working and/or studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.
Your first application was refused after the receipt of your second application
and
Your original status was expired when your second application was received
  • You are on maintained status until a decision is made on your second application as long as your first application was submitted prior to the expiry of your existing status,
  • However, you are no longer authorized to work and/or study without a permit from the date the first application was refused.
Your first application was rejected after the receipt of your second application
and
  • Since it was rejected, the first application is considered to have never been received,
  • You will be considered to have status only until your original status expires,
  • You do not have maintained status, and
  • You do not have authorization to continue working or studying.
More information on maintained status is also available on our website.

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
Hey, my understanding after speaking with IRCC agent is that your work permit will be under "maintained status" (formerly known as implied status) until your application is processed. (if you submitted OWP app) So you can continue working under your current work permit.

Here's what the document she sent me said:
Maintained status - Temporary resident

As a temporary resident, it is important to apply to extend your stay in Canada, if necessary, before it expires. Following submission of the application, you are considered to have maintained status, previously known as “implied status”.

• If you apply to extend your stay before the expiry date of your current status:
    • you will be considered in status as a temporary resident until a decision is made on your application.
  • If you apply to extend your work or study permit before the expiry date of your current permit, and it expires before a decision is made:
    • you can continue working or studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.
Leaving and re-entering Canada while under maintained status and authorization to work or study:

You may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

• As a temporary resident, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved (if applicable, you must wait* until you receive your new permit before you start to work/study):
    • this applies to you if, among other things:
      • you are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
      • you hold a valid multiple-entry visa, or
      • you have travelled only to the United States (excluding cruises entering international waters) and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon,
  • As a worker or student:
    • if the officer determines that your application to extend your permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
    • if you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
An officer will ask you questions to see if you meet all of the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

*If you applied for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP), you may work in Canada while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application.

Proof of maintained status:

It is recommended that you provide these documents to prove that you have maintained status:

• Your expired immigration document,
  • (If the application was submitted by paper) A copy of the application to extend your stay sent to the Case Processing Centre before the expiration date of your status,
  • (If the application was submitted online) A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your online account,
  • A copy of the fee payment receipt included with the application, and
  • (If applicable) A delivery confirmation from the postal service provider used to send the application.
If you submitted a second extension application and:

Your first application was approved after the receipt of your second application
  • The validity period of your newly issued document and any authorizations will apply while we continue to process your second application.
Your first application was refused or rejected after the receipt of your second application
and
Your original status was still valid when your second application was received
  • You are on maintained status until a decision is made on your second application, and
  • You can continue working and/or studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.
Your first application was refused after the receipt of your second application
and
  • You are on maintained status until a decision is made on your second application as long as your first application was submitted prior to the expiry of your existing status,
  • However, you are no longer authorized to work and/or study without a permit from the date the first application was refused.
Your first application was rejected after the receipt of your second application
and
  • Since it was rejected, the first application is considered to have never been received,
  • You will be considered to have status only until your original status expires,
  • You do not have maintained status, and
  • You do not have authorization to continue working or studying.
More information on maintained status is also available on our website.

Hi,

Thank you for the above information.
I do know all of it already.

It's just annoying that I still have to spend another money with it.
And, for god sake don't know how many months still need to wait for the result.

Thank you.

Livi87

Mar 9, 2020
Hi, I got an update on my Client Application Status tool!
I received a letter for eligibility pass on Aug 21 and today I saw "Decision Made" on the online tool.
I didn't receive a COPR yet, but at least I can see mine is almost done!
I've been waiting for this for 2years and 2months! Hopefully, I get the COPR soon. If there is anyone who was the same as me, you will get the update soon!
By the way, I'm a July 2019 applicant and passed a medical test in Dec 2019. It was a long wait...!

Reactions: Jot dhillon

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
I received a letter for eligibility pass on Aug 21 and today I saw "Decision Made" on the online tool.
I've been waiting for this for 2years and 2months! Hopefully, I get the COPR soon. If there is anyone who was the same as me, you will get the update soon!
By the way, I'm a July 2019 applicant and passed a medical test in Dec 2019. It was a long wait...!

I got Decision made long time ago. 2020 February.

till now, still nothing.

Muhammadpk

Star Member
May 18, 2021
Congrtas you are luck me waiting april2019 till now nothing background check process .i dont no what time wait for backgroung check almost 5week.can u share experience you file background check how many weeks they take it thanks reply me