+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

jascan15

Mar 31, 2019
Hey all, I was able to link my application (July 30) to my GC account. It says status submitted. Does that mean it can still be returned? Application number starts with F.
It can still be returned. I've seen some applications linked to the online portal but still get returned if they find the application incomplete/ have insufficient information. Hopefully this doesn't happen! I have the same worry as mine was once returned before receiving the AOR.

harsimrankaur24

Apr 9, 2019
My application returned yesterday, missing a signature. I guess I will go to the September trade now. :(
Hi ,
It is the same case as mine my fe got returned in may .

I want to give yousome tricks before submitting again.

1. Check for all new forms cz when u wad hoing to submit my application again all form versions was changes within 2 months so make sure.

2. Check all signatures inuding schedule A form , need hand written signature.

3. Submit your new 2 photos cz validity will expire soon if you submitting sgsin.

4.write new cover letter explaning your whole current situation.

5. If the forma are of same version then print out again with current date and sign it again.

Its hardwork so please check once again everything.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
I think those who sent in their application around the last few days of July, just like I did,
can expect to receive their AOR this week or next.

Reactions: Troy2245

SamW26

Sep 4, 2019
Hey guys,

Curious if anyone has ever run in to the same issue as me.

Package sent July 10 and received July 11. I’d not heard anything at all and I was getting concerned because there are tons to people who submitted end of July who were getting their AOR.

I did a search using my UCI on the online tool and it found the application and the status is ‘In Progress’. I was able to create an account and link it using my UCI and some details from the application. When I linked it, I saw that I have an application number beginning with F and everything - but I never received an email or letter?

I’m wondering if either I’m not receiving the emails or if it just maybe hasn’t been sent yet. Seems odd that I didn’t receive AOR but I’m able to link the application and have an application number.

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
Hey guys,

Curious if anyone has ever run in to the same issue as me.

Package sent July 10 and received July 11. I’d not heard anything at all and I was getting concerned because there are tons to people who submitted end of July who were getting their AOR.

I did a search using my UCI on the online tool and it found the application and the status is ‘In Progress’. I was able to create an account and link it using my UCI and some details from the application. When I linked it, I saw that I have an application number beginning with F and everything - but I never received an email or letter?

I’m wondering if either I’m not receiving the emails or if it just maybe hasn’t been sent yet. Seems odd that I didn’t receive AOR but I’m able to link the application and have an application number.
Have you looked in your spam folder? Sometimes they go there. Also, are you the principal applicant or the sponsor? Usually the first AOR email goes to the sponsor.

Mizz_Ozzy

Aug 26, 2019
Hello Everyone,

We applied under the Family Sponsorship: Common-Law Partner through Inland + OWP as I am currently working in Canada after studying but need an extension of my permits. My Spouse is Canadian and I am a Nigerian.

Application Timeline:

Application sent via courier mail ...........................................July 17th, 2019
Application received .............................................................July 18th 2019.
Started Processing Application..............................................August 23rd, 2019
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) ......................................August 24th, 2019
Linking the Application to GCKEY Profile ...................................August 30th, 2019

I am so very happy!! It was definitely stressful putting all those documents together. Hoping I crossed all Ts and dotted all my Is.

Wish me Luck!!

UPDATE
- I was was able to link my application on August 30th, 2019 using only the Principal Applicant Information (Me) and the Application Number that had been sent to the Sponsor (My Spouse). To link the application, all the information required is for the Principal Applicant and not the Sponsor, the Application number. The number of people on the application is 2 and the marital status should depend on what your relationship is (Married, Common-Law or Conjugal).

Mizz_Ozzy

Aug 26, 2019
HELPFUL TIPS FROM A DIRECT IRCC AGENT (Hope it helps someone)

Processing times - Application to sponsor a spouse or a common-law partner in Canada

We know how important this process is to you and are hoping to finish processing your application as quickly as we can. So that you can understand the process more fully, we would like to give you a look at what will happen and when.

The process of your application is done in two steps:

• Step 1: Approval in Principle
At the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario, an officer will first verify if the sponsor is eligible and if the spouse or common-law partner meets the eligibility requirements to apply to become a permanent resident.

If the CPC makes a positive decision on both these points, a letter stating that the application is approved in principle will be sent to you. If the file is transferred to the local office for further verification, the processing time listed on our website is no longer applicable.

• Step 2: Final Decision
After receiving the approval in principle letter, medical, security and background checks have to be done for the sponsored person and the family members included in the application, if applicable.

After all the requirements have been met, a final decision is reached and the file is sent to the local office (unless it is already there). The local office will then contact the sponsored person to give them an appointment so they can become a permanent resident of Canada.

You can visit our website:

Working or Studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.
Leaving and re-entering Canada while under implied status: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=492

You may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

• As a temporary resident, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved (if applicable, it will be important to wait* until you receive your new permit before you start to work/study):
  • As a worker or student:
    • if the officer determines that your application to extend your permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
    • if you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
An officer will ask you questions to see if you meet all of the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

*If you applied for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-apply-work-permit-student-guide.html

you may resume working upon your return to Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/travel.html#before

while waiting for a decision on your application.

Proof Of Implied Status:

It is recommended that you provide these documents to prove that you have implied status:

• Your expired immigration document,
  • (If the application was submitted by paper) A copy of the application to extend your stay sent to the Case Processing Centre before the expiration date of your status,
  • (If the application was submitted online) A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your online account,
  • A copy of the fee payment receipt included with the application, and
  • (If applicable) A delivery confirmation from the postal service provider used to send the application.
More information on implied status is also available on our website.

Check your application status: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp
- You may either:
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question

SamW26

Sep 4, 2019
Have you looked in your spam folder? Sometimes they go there. Also, are you the principal applicant or the sponsor? Usually the first AOR email goes to the sponsor.
I’m the PA, my wife is the sponsor. I asked her to check her inbox and it had gone to her junk folder so that explains the issue! :)

Thanks for the advice

Reactions: K1w1

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020

kyungyyz

Jun 9, 2019
Hi guys, I am having trouble linking application to my online account. Has any one been successful?
Do you have existing UCI from your current visa status? At first I tried with the UCI number that my partner (sponsor) has given, and couldn't link it for a day. But then I realized I wrote my UCI on the application (I have a PGWP), so I could link application with *my own UCI number*.

Donna2019

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
What is the wait time for OWP some forum says 3 months some says 4 months and has anyone ever received it before that time frame?