+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Sorry to hear this happened. I believe a few weeks ago, some people have called IRCC and they were given an estimation that they will receive OWP approval in November, so it's possible you may get yours around that time. Don't fret!
Mine is from JUNE not JULY, the four months ends the 13th of June.

nbhullar

Aug 29, 2019
Just a question, would my husband also get his temporary SIN with the OWP? Does anyone know about that?

Thanks!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Yea.. we were shocked that it was opened already. So we have to find out first if it's the post office fault or it's really the owner.. We'll file a damage complain.
I seriously doubt it was Canada Post that opened your mail, big big no no for them to do it, if an envelope/package came open while in transit to your place they would have sealed it with tape. In Canada they just don't do that like might happen in 3rd world countries. My first thought was your landlord, are you renting a suite in their house? Check with CP and see if they can hold your mail at the post office and you can pick it up whenever you want or get a PO box there.

My brother had an experience where his landlord thought they had the right to open their tenants mail because it came to his address. Maybe ask if he opened you mail by accident. If he did best to try and get it held at the PO, you never know when he might make another mistake.

It is against the law to open another persons mail in Canada, inform your landlord if he isn't aware of that.

Trebond

Oct 11, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone, I sent in my application on the 27th of July but did not receive acknowledgement of receipt till the 3rd of September. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know why this happens?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi everyone, I sent in my application on the 27th of July but did not receive acknowledgement of receipt till the 3rd of September. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know why this happens?
You got AOR 35 days after you sent in your application, that's pretty normal, if not a bit faster than usual. Check out this spreadsheet to see the timelines for INLAND JULY:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit?pli=1#gid=373444486

The next step you are waiting for is your OWP approval. Should be any day

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
I seriously doubt it was Canada Post that opened your mail, big big no no for them to do it, if an envelope/package came open while in transit to your place they would have sealed it with tape. In Canada they just don't do that like might happen in 3rd world countries. My first thought was your landlord, are you renting a suite in their house? Check with CP and see if they can hold your mail at the post office and you can pick it up whenever you want or get a PO box there.

My brother had an experience where his landlord thought they had the right to open their tenants mail because it came to his address. Maybe ask if he opened you mail by accident. If he did best to try and get it held at the PO, you never know when he might make another mistake.

It is against the law to open another persons mail in Canada, inform your landlord if he isn't aware of that.
That was we thought too, that's why we asked the landlord right when we saw that it was opened already but she just told us that it's not her who opened. So the next day while sending back my package for resubmission, we asked the staff if we could do something about that, then she gave us a number to call.. So we called and they said only the sender can file for a formal damage complain. By the way, yes we are renting in a suite.. All we know now is we can't trust the landlord anymore. We were so disappointed. Though there's nothing missing from our papers, but still.. It's so rude for them to do that without our permission.