+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
Had my virtual oath ceremony this morning Sep 27! Thank you to everyone on this forum for your support and sharing your experiences, certainly helped me.

Wishing my best to everyone, especially to those still waiting.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
It's done! We had our oath ceremony yesterday and are now Canadian citizens! It's been a long wait but it was worth it! For those still waiting, it will come for you as well. Now waiting for the certificate.

As much as the process itself was miserable, it has been a pleasure to share it with you all. I wish you all luck and that your processes end quickly.

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Took our oaths yesterday.
After 2+ years, our citizenship journey has finally come to an end.
Over to the passport threads now.

Japp81

Jan 22, 2020
hello guys, i am june 2019 applicant and still in progress......no test invite ,,, nothing..... i am a truck driver.... and my company wants me to send to the USA as they dont have an enough work in canada.....i already lost my two jobs since i applied...... because most canadian companies wants to send their drivers to the USA... ( profit ). if you need a job as a truck driver .... canada wide ..then there are just couple of companies who are hiring.
now the question is can i apply for urgent processing because i got my permanent resident after refugee status.... my birth country will not issue me a passport... and i have a canadian travel document and i applied for USA visa twice and they didnt issue me...

can i apply for urgent processing .... or need to quit this job again.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
hello guys, i am june 2019 applicant and still in progress......no test invite ,,, nothing..... i am a truck driver.... and my company wants me to send to the USA as they dont have an enough work in canada.....i already lost my two jobs since i applied...... because most canadian companies wants to send their drivers to the USA... ( profit ). if you need a job as a truck driver .... canada wide ..then there are just couple of companies who are hiring.
now the question is can i apply for urgent processing because i got my permanent resident after refugee status.... my birth country will not issue me a passport... and i have a canadian travel document and i applied for USA visa twice and they didnt issue me...

can i apply for urgent processing .... or need to quit this job again.
Sorry to hear. There is no harm in trying to apply for urgent processing. Good luck.
There is a possibility as well that your delays have to do with your refugee status.

Reactions: andyincanada

HDAS

Jul 2, 2020
Hi Guys, I have completed my Citizenship test on Jan 4th 2021 and new online tool shows all stages as "Completed" expected Oath ceremony and status is "In Progress" and no update on Oath from Jan 2021....my application was submitted in July 2019...just want to check anyone in same boat...waiting for Oath from Jan ? Thanks,
This is horrible and sad. I know people who applied in December 2020 they got there citizenship process complete. from where you have applied ? Talk to your local MP and ask them to expedited your application.

HDAS

Jul 2, 2020
Is there anyone here who have applied from Waterloo, Ontario for their citizenship ? Will you please update your citizenship application status ? I have applied in July 2019.

HDAS

Jul 2, 2020
We have to do something otherwise we will never get our citizenship. See how fast other people are getting there citizenship. this is the status of someone from Oakville, Ontario. see the status below.
I applied from Oakville, ON on March 30th 2021. AOR: July 2nd, 2021. Background verification: September 7th, 2021. Test window: Sept 17th - Oct. 7th. Test taken: Oct 2nd.

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
We have to do something otherwise we will never get our citizenship. See how fast other people are getting there citizenship. this is the status of someone from Oakville, Ontario. see the status below.
I applied from Oakville, ON on March 30th 2021. AOR: July 2nd, 2021. Background verification: September 7th, 2021. Test window: Sept 17th - Oct. 7th. Test taken: Oct 2nd.
Unfortunately there is nothing to be done to expedite the process... and its very unfair that 2020,2021 applicants have gotten their oaths while 2019 applicants are stuck !!!

Reactions: Costa5053

Japp81

Jan 22, 2020
Unfortunately there is nothing to be done to expedite the process... and its very unfair that 2020,2021 applicants have gotten their oaths while 2019 applicants are stuck !!!
Nobody listen us ..... We also cant approach to our MPs till end of this October... and they will not do anything whenever they start working again. The only choice is to go to your local radio stations with all proof that 2021 applicants are getting their oths and CIC has forgotten 2019 applicants .. then radio station might be ask to MPs or some other higher position persons.

I think CIC wants to clear their files in their time period ( 1 year ) and they know because of covid nobody ask them about 2019 applicants. I am damn sure they are not going to clear these files Within next 2-3 years . They dont have time . We are stuck guys... So we are the applicants who will get their citizenship in 5-6 years.

Reactions: JoeHanna123