+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Replying to post 3281 on page 219.

Thank you very much for that detailed reply! Its very useful, especially the document link. Sorry if my questions were not clear..I have tried to explain below.

Ours was a family application (3 for myself, wife and daughter). Our daughter wasn’t born in Canada…that’s why we applied for her citizenship along with us. My question about her automatically getting citizenship, to clarify, was that would she now get accepted as long as all her other checks went well…do either of parents have to be granted citizenship for her application to proceed?

The questions about my wife relates to the fact that she cannot take the test on the given dates. She will request postponing until October when she can travel to Canada and CIC will hopefully agree. I, however, am planning to take the test in June after travelling to Canada. Will this arrangement mean that I can request my application and my daughter’s application to proceed to Oath before my wife’s, if I pass the test and get a successful interview?

Thanks again for the advice and support this forum has provided. Take care all and stay safe.

Ramesh

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Replying to post 3281 on page 219.

Thank you very much for that detailed reply! Its very useful, especially the document link. Sorry if my questions were not clear..I have tried to explain below.

Ours was a family application (3 for myself, wife and daughter). Our daughter wasn’t born in Canada…that’s why we applied for her citizenship along with us. My question about her automatically getting citizenship, to clarify, was that would she now get accepted as long as all her other checks went well…do either of parents have to be granted citizenship for her application to proceed?

AFAIK, everyone will be given citizenship together. Also, I think at least one parent must be taking the oath for the child to receive the citizenship certificate AFAIK. As long as your wife's OR your own application is approved and you've received an oath date, she should get hers without issues.

The questions about my wife relates to the fact that she cannot take the test on the given dates. She will request postponing until October when she can travel to Canada and CIC will hopefully agree. I, however, am planning to take the test in June after travelling to Canada. Will this arrangement mean that I can request my application and my daughter’s application to proceed to Oath before my wife’s, if I pass the test and get a successful interview?

I think this is a possibility, yes. You can open a webform request and request IRCC to continue processing your application and your daughter's after you complete the test. I think this is what will be automatically done but I'm not sure. Wait for a few days after test until the "Citizenship test" status is set to "Completed" on the new dashboard and then send them a webform request.

Thanks again for the advice and support this forum has provided. Take care all and stay safe.

Ramesh

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
First submission of FP was acknowledged within 2 days, requested Nov 19, 2019 and acknowledged receipt Nov 21, 2019. It is strange though, I physically submitted fingerprints on Nov 22, 2019.

Second submission of FP was acknowledged after a month. Requested Mar 19, 2021. Submitted Mar 22, 2021; acknowledged receipt Apr 20, 2021.

I saw these updates within the application history of the new CIC tracker.

Hi DOD,
Just wondering, how long it takes for your fingerprints to be received by CIC? I sent mine 4 weeks ago and still no acknowledgement of my fingerprints submission.
Thanks.

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First submission of FP was acknowledged within 2 days, requested Nov 19, 2019 and acknowledged receipt Nov 21, 2019. It is strange though, I physically submitted fingerprints on Nov 22, 2019.

Second submission of FP was acknowledged after a month. Requested Mar 19, 2021. Submitted Mar 22, 2021; acknowledged receipt Apr 20, 2021.

I saw these updates within the application history of the new CIC tracker.
Thanks DOD.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys heads up. Looks like someone just got an in-person test.

Look at this post. There is no test window and the words "online test" is not seen on their status update. They've given the applicant a single date (June 7) to attend the test. The OP still hasn't received an email.

We're still NOT SURE if this is an in-person test but be sure to check that thread when the OP responds once s/he receives the test invitation in the email.

UPDATE: This could just be IRCC modifying the process to allow only 1 day for online tests instead of the 21 day window. We won't know until the OP gets back to us once s/he received an email invite.

Reactions: KoRnnn

abbyrao

Jan 15, 2021
Hello!

I am a single applicant from Vancouver. I completed my online test on April 27 and have now been invited for an online interview. Anybody who has gone through a similar interview process? What should I expect in this interview? Do they ask more questions from the citizenship test booklet?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hello!

I am a single applicant from Vancouver. I completed my online test on April 27 and have now been invited for an online interview. Anybody who has gone through a similar interview process? What should I expect in this interview? Do they ask more questions from the citizenship test booklet?
They do not ask any questions from the test. There is nothing to worry about, they just ask questions which will be very easy for you to answer as long as you didn't lie in your application. Good to see some movement from Vancouver office!

Reactions: Hapique and abbyrao

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
So on the new system, I see that it says “in progress” and all sections are labeled “complete” (which switched May 20) except for the oath. However, when I log into the old system, it says “decision made.” So I guess my status has changed? I’m assuming the old system probably switched my status May 20 too.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So on the new system, I see that it says “in progress” and all sections are labeled “complete” (which switched May 20) except for the oath. However, when I log into the old system, it says “decision made.” So I guess my status has changed? I’m assuming the old system probably switched my status May 20 too.
Could you please tell me what date you see for Decision Made? Thanks.

DM means your application has been approved and you're in line for the citizenship ceremony.

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Hi all,

I hope you are keeping safe.

Would someone please tell me, if they know, how long it takes for CIC to respond to a request for postponing the online test?

Have they agreed to the requested time for taking the test?

My wife has requested last Monday for her test to be postponed from 28th May (3 week window) to October. This is because we aren't in Canada and that's when she gets her leave to come to Canada. She's is studying in the UK.

Thank you very much.

Ramesh

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Hi on requested GCMS notes it says " file will be placed on our submission review queue according to date of application" any idea what that means?
thanks

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Hi all,

I hope you are keeping safe.

Would someone please tell me, if they know, how long it takes for CIC to respond to a request for postponing the online test?

Have they agreed to the requested time for taking the test?

My wife has requested last Monday for her test to be postponed from 28th May (3 week window) to October. This is because we aren't in Canada and that's when she gets her leave to come to Canada. She's is studying in the UK.

Thank you very much.

Ramesh
Hi all, self update to my own question.

My wife got a response after 6 working days and has had her test postponed to October when she will be able to travel.

Take care, stay safe and good luck!

Ramesh

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Hi,

Has anyone got the online test invite, logged in and got a message saying “according to our records, you have not been invited to take the test”

I have travelled from UK, currently in a quarantine hotel in Toronto, and got the message this morning when I tried to take the test! I cannot leave Canada until I complete my quarantine…this will be a futile trip!

Is there any number that I can call? I have emailed them, but the reply can take anywhere between 5-10 working days by which time I will be back in the UK and asking for an indefinite postponement of the test…so depressing.

Ramesh