+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Cunctator Learner

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hi,

Has anyone got the online test invite, logged in and got a message saying “according to our records, you have not been invited to take the test”

I have travelled from UK, currently in a quarantine hotel in Toronto, and got the message this morning when I tried to take the test! I cannot leave Canada until I complete my quarantine…this will be a futile trip!

Is there any number that I can call? I have emailed them, but the reply can take anywhere between 5-10 working days by which time I will be back in the UK and asking for an indefinite postponement of the test…so depressing.

Ramesh
Hi,

This sounds quite distressing.

As per my understanding, you have received an email where a test invite was sent to you. You need to follow the steps mentioned in that email and type the same link and then fill in the details.

Did you follow all that? You must have but just double checking.

What is your test window (starting and end date).

Thanks and good wishes

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi,

Has anyone got the online test invite, logged in and got a message saying “according to our records, you have not been invited to take the test”

I have travelled from UK, currently in a quarantine hotel in Toronto, and got the message this morning when I tried to take the test! I cannot leave Canada until I complete my quarantine…this will be a futile trip!

Is there any number that I can call? I have emailed them, but the reply can take anywhere between 5-10 working days by which time I will be back in the UK and asking for an indefinite postponement of the test…so depressing.

Ramesh
Make sure that you don't leave Canada until you do the test, call your MP office explain to them they gonna help you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

Ramesh
What is your actual test window? The updates you see on the dashboard come in advance (something like a couple of weeks before the actual test window begins). Check your dashboard and see what the test window is. You can take the test only between the dates shown there.

If you are trying to sign in within the test window, then follow these instructions :

If you entered the correct information and still get the message, email the office that sent you the test invitation. The email address is in the Rescheduling section of your test invitation.

Cherry1234

Sep 24, 2015
Hi,

Ramesh
Mine said this at first just try again!

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Hello everyone,

thank you very much for your replies.

I did try all your suggestions, including contacting the MP and emailing IRCC London and emailing via web form.

They replied to my email. Apparently, they cancelled my test in error. My wife had requested a postponement of her test alone, but they treated both of us as a family application and postponed mine as well.

Thankfully, they agreed to reschedule my test to the next 3 week window beginning this friday. They have also asked me submit ASAP colour copies of all passport/travel document pages that are valid for the time of my application and will advise me on the next steps. I have told them that I will leave Canada on 30th June and will likely return next year after our work in UK is done.

Hopefully, things work out better. I will update the moderators on the next phase of our application once I complete the test.

As always, thank you all so much for the responses and suggestions.

Take care and stay safe.

Ramesh

Reactions: bellaluna

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wondering, any idea how long it may take to complete the Language Skill, Prohibition and Physical Presence by CIC? Last week they received my Fingerprints and updated the Background Verification as "Completed". To avoid further delay by facing interview on Language Skill, I submitted my post-graduate certificate and no update on that one too! It's been quite a long journey with CIC!!

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Just wondering, any idea how long it may take to complete the Language Skill, Prohibition and Physical Presence by CIC? Last week they received my Fingerprints and updated the Background Verification as "Completed". To avoid further delay by facing interview on Language Skill, I submitted my post-graduate certificate and no update on that one too! It's been quite a long journey with CIC!!
It takes about 2 to 3 weeks after fingerprints are received.

kangarooduck

Mar 3, 2015
Just a quick update as we navigate our journeys! CIC office is Halifax.

Citizenship Application: Single
Physical Presence: 1506 days
Application Sent: June 30 , 2019
Application Delivered: July 04 , 2019
AOR Received : Sept 11 , 2019
In Process : Oct 30, 2019
FP Request: Nov 25, 2019
Test Online Email Received : Jan 29, 2021
Test Given Online : Feb 05, 2021 (Result : Pass)
Interview Invite: May 07, 2021
Interview Completed: May 18, 2021
FP Request #2: June 15, 2021
FP Request #2 Processed: June 16, 2021

Email Received for Online Oath : TBA
Online oath to be taken on : TBA

New status tool:
Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Citizenship test: completed
Background verification: In process
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: not started

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Updated!

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019

New status tool:
Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Citizenship test: completed
Background verification: In process
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: not started
Good luck! I'm with the Halifax office too and I've been waiting endlessly to hear some good news. My online profile is exactly the same as yours. It's not been updated since May 19th 2021. I had my interview in June and was told that everything would finalize within days and still no luck. Hope you'll have some good news on oath to share soon.

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
Hello Everyone,

I applied in July 2019 and received the Acknowledgement in October 2019. After that there is no update yet. Called IRCC multiple times, all they say that the file is in progress and I have to wait.

I submitted my application from Ontario.

Also, i got married last year in October 2020 but did not update my marriage status in the citizenship application. Will there be a problem if I update the marriage status now?

Thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello Everyone,

1. I applied in July 2019 and received the Acknowledgement in October 2019. After that there is no update yet. Called IRCC multiple times, all they say that the file is in progress and I have to wait.

I submitted my application from Ontario.

2. Also, i got married last year in October 2020 but did not update my marriage status in the citizenship application. Will there be a problem if I update the marriage status now?

Thanks
1. DId you apply for gcms notes to see if you find any issues/notes there to know why its pending?
2. No issues. Its not part of eligibility/processing hence its fine without updating them. if you like you can submit ecase online with your information and they will update it.

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
1. DId you apply for gcms notes to see if you find any issues/notes there to know why its pending?
2. No issues. Its not part of eligibility/processing hence its fine without updating them. if you like you can submit ecase online with your information and they will update it.
What kind of notes should we look for in the gcms notes?

googly

Jul 17, 2019
Hi,

I was scheduled for an online interview on Monday but I got a call from the immigration officer today asking if I can do the interview right now. I reluctantly agreed even though I was skeptical about the authenticity of the caller. However, she knew so much about my case that I relaxed as the interview proceeded. In the end, she said I don't need to attend the interview on Monday anymore and I should check my tracker next week to get an update on my case.

I am wondering if this is normal. Do CIC officers call before a scheduled interview?

Anyway, here is my timeline.

Citizenship Application - Single
Location - Mississauga
Presence - 1150 days
Application Sent - July 15, 2019
Application Received - July 17, 2019
AOR- October 4, 2019
Online Test done (20/20)- May 15, 2021
Telephone interview - June 18, 2021