taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How often does the new ecas updates, my status show last updated on May 7th, which is like 5 days before I received the test invite. I passed the test yesterday and it still has not updated. I know it's too early to expect an update. Just getting a heads up before I check it again. Thanks in advance.

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also can somebody update my profile, I dont have the edit access to the spreadsheet:

New Test Invite date : 12th of May
Date test Passed : 24th of May.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
I answered the test on May 13, new tracker was updated by May 17.

How often does the new ecas updates, my status show last updated on May 7th, which is like 5 days before I received the test invite. I passed the test yesterday and it still has not updated. I know it's too early to expect an update. Just getting a heads up before I check it again. Thanks in advance.

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I answered the test on May 13, new tracker was updated by May 17.
Hi DOD,
Just wondering, how long it takes for your fingerprints to be received by CIC? I sent mine 4 weeks ago and still no acknowledgement of my fingerprints submission.
Thanks.

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Hi all,
I hope you are all safe and well. I need some advice about the process and provide an update for our family (of 3) application.

I applied from London Ontario and my details are on the spreadsheet. We moved to the UK temporarily in July 2019 and are still here. CIC has been updated about our UK address and have our new passport details also (renewed in 2020).

We had applied for citizenship in June 2019.
AOR July 2019.
In process Oct 2019. CIC site CAS shows our status as still in progress.
Test invite online anytime between 28/05 - 17/06 2021. We have to be present in Canada to take the test.

I may travel to Canada to take the test. My wife will request a postponement until she can travel.

My questions are as follows and I apologise for the number of questions. I would be really grateful if someone could answer who has been invited for virtual oath ceremony could answer.
1. What happens after the test, provided I am successful? Is my PR card enough evidence…my OHIP card and DL are expired.
2. Will I have an interview and do I have to be in Canada for that?
3. Do I have to be in Canada for the virtual citizenship oath ceremony, if I am successful in the previous 2 steps?
4. Will my daughter, who is 13, automatically get a citizenship?
5. Does the process now change for us, i.e., will my wife be treated as an individual applicant and everything gets delayed for her alone?
6. Will our entire application be suspended until my wife gets all her test/interview/oath sorted?

Thank you all once again and ever grateful for your help and advice.
Ramesh

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Following on from previous message, admin please update and delete 1 line. There seem to be 2 entries in my name.
Thank you.
Line 129/130 on July 2019 document page.
Rameshvs30 family application.
Test invite letter May 26 2021.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Following on from previous message, admin please update and delete 1 line. There seem to be 2 entries in my name.
Thank you.
Line 129/130 on July 2019 document page.
Rameshvs30 family application.
Test invite letter May 26 2021.
I've removed the duplicate record and updated the test date.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all,
I hope you are all safe and well. I need some advice about the process and provide an update for our family (of 3) application.

I applied from London Ontario and my details are on the spreadsheet. We moved to the UK temporarily in July 2019 and are still here. CIC has been updated about our UK address and have our new passport details also (renewed in 2020).

We had applied for citizenship in June 2019.
AOR July 2019.
In process Oct 2019. CIC site CAS shows our status as still in progress.
Test invite online anytime between 28/05 - 17/06 2021. We have to be present in Canada to take the test.

I may travel to Canada to take the test. My wife will request a postponement until she can travel.

My questions are as follows and I apologies for the number of questions. I would be really grateful if someone could answer who has been invited for virtual oath ceremony could answer.
1. What happens after the test, provided I am successful? Is my PR card enough evidence…my OHIP card and DL are expired.

If you get an interview, you'll be asked to show all pages of your passport. But if you get a full blown residency questionnaire, then they might ask you for a bunch of documentation to substantiate physical presence.

2. Will I have an interview and do I have to be in Canada for that?

Not everyone will get an interview but since you've been residing outside Canada for a while now, AFAIK, there is a good chance you might get one. AFAIK, if you get an interview, you have to be INSIDE Canada to attend it.

3. Do I have to be in Canada for the virtual citizenship oath ceremony, if I am successful in the previous 2 steps?

Yes, you'll have to be physically be present in Canada for test, interview AND oath.

4. Will my daughter, who is 13, automatically get a citizenship?

Did you apply for your daughter? AFAIK, unless the kid was born in Canada, you'll have to apply for their citizenship. They won't become citizens automatically. If you applied for your daughter and you are asking if she has to take oath, then no. Anyone under 14 years of age do NOT have to take oath. She doesn't have to take the citizenship test either.

5. Does the process now change for us, i.e., will my wife be treated as an individual applicant and everything gets delayed for her alone?

There is no difference between processing family and single applications IMO. I mean, the same BG checks and other criteria must be met in order to be granted citizenship. I don't understand the reason for this question. Didn't your wife apply along with you? Did she submit her application at a later point in time?

6. Will our entire application be suspended until my wife gets all her test/interview/oath sorted?

No, not unless you explicitly request it in writing. IRCC will try to schedule the entire family for oath together but if that's not possible, they'll still process the applications for other family members.

Thank you all once again and ever grateful for your help and advice.
Ramesh

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustafa100

PriceOfThieves

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-05-2015
Hi All,

I have a strange application status and need some advice.

I got the test invite in December 2020 and passed it in January 2021. I got Decision Made status on 28 January (old ECAS).

On the new ECAS system:
All my application steps are completed except ceremony invitation.

I have the following status in my timeline:

5 February:
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on February 5, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

8 February:
Citizenship ceremony
Citizenship oath status has been updated to Not started

Does anyone have any explanation or advice!!!

Thanks to respondents.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

I have a strange application status and need some advice.

I got the test invite in December 2020 and passed it in January 2021. I got Decision Made status on 28 January (old ECAS).

On the new ECAS system:
All my application steps are completed except ceremony invitation.

I have the following status in my timeline:

5 February:
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on February 5, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

8 February:
Citizenship ceremony
Citizenship oath status has been updated to Not started

Does anyone have any explanation or advice!!!

Thanks to respondents.
Looks like they scheduled you for oath back in Feb and then they cancelled the invitation. This is weird. Not sure why.

You might want to call the IRCC call center and ask them why this happened.

Could you please provide the date you got your test invite and the date you actually wrote the test so that I can update the tracker?

Thanks.

Reactions: PriceOfThieves

PriceOfThieves

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-05-2015
Looks like they scheduled you for oath back in Feb and then they cancelled the invitation. This is weird. Not sure why.

You might want to call the IRCC call center and ask them why this happened.

Could you please provide the date you got your test invite and the date you actually wrote the test so that I can update the tracker?

Thanks.
Test invite received 8 January
Test done 22 January
Passed: 18/20
Decision Made: 28 January

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03