+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Landwarrior

Dec 1, 2013
Had my test and interview at Mississauga early last week. I had a lot of travel history (3 pages long) and I declared each and every entry-exit even if it was day trip to USA. Officer went through page by page through my passports and matched those stamps against my application. Officer was pretty nice and she gave me all the time to explain. I had my non-english stamps translated in anticipation and that helped a lot. So I would recommend doing that because you don't want to give them a reason not to make a decision then and there. Good luck everyone!

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Had my test and interview at Mississauga early last week. I had a lot of travel history (3 pages long) and I declared each and every entry-exit even if it was day trip to USA. Officer went through page by page through my passports and matched those stamps against my application. Officer was pretty nice and she gave me all the time to explain. I had my non-english stamps translated in anticipation and that helped a lot. So I would recommend doing that because you don't want to give them a reason not to make a decision then and there. Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the advice. Could you please give us your complete info. It would help people like me. AOR, ECAS In progress, Test details, etc.

AAALLL

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Did my test on March 07, Decision made on March 08. There is no line item for the decision made. Is there any notification other than the oath?

interview was pretty straight forward. Verified all the stamps. Had a stamp in Arabic that they wanted a translation.But I printed the itinerary from the airline and they took that as well. They also made me sign a form to get my US travel history

jawad87

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Why did you provide your travel history (3 pages long)? The application never asked for it

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Why did you provide your travel history (3 pages long)? The application never asked for it
I think he means to say his physical presence calculator was 3 pages long because of his travel history.

Reactions: jawad87

jawad87

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
I think he means to say his physical presence calculator was 3 pages long because of his travel history.
My eligibility period starts from 2014 while I came to Canada and became a PR in 2016. I am supposed to show my outside Canada travelling after I immigrated not before, right?

pjoshi394

Oct 16, 2019
I am based in Calgary. My test was January 23. I really dont like the waiting game.
Ya. I agree. So you are also still waiting for Oath ceremony invitation letter. On of my friend gave exam on Feb 20th and he got oath ceremony invitation for March 20th. I don't know on what basis they sort the application for Oath.

Reactions: Caitlyn T

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
My eligibility period starts from 2014 while I came to Canada and became a PR in 2016. I am supposed to show my outside Canada travelling after I immigrated not before, right?
Yes they need after immigration trips but if you have any stamps on your passport that are not in English (even for before eligibility period), you need to have English translation for them because when officer is checking your trips she/he doesn't know those non English stamps belong to before or after eligiblity period.

jawad87

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Yes they need after immigration trips but if you have any stamps on your passport that are not in English (even for before eligibility period), you need to have English translation for them because when officer is checking your trips she/he doesn't know those non English stamps belong to before or after eligiblity period.
I didn't know that. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow. It was not mentioned anywhere to get those translated. How am I supposed to do that now?

Lulu91

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I didn't know that. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow. It was not mentioned anywhere to get those translated. How am I supposed to do that now?
You might get lucky and they may not ask to see any stamp translations. If they do, though, it’s not the end of the world. You will just have to get them done and mail it to them which is what I had to do. I’ve just been advising people to do it beforehand so they don’t experience any sort of delay.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,

I have recently passed my citizenship test with my ecas showing a decision made status the next day after the test and based on the interviewer's statement I am just waiting for the oath ceremony invitation.

I am a Sept'19 applicant with eligibility period starting in Aug 2014. Landed in Canada on a work permit in 2015 and got my PR in 2018. Before coming to Canada in 2015 I had travelled many times to the UAE. So my passport has around 25% of my total stamping in Arabic. But since 2015 I just had 2 stamps both in dual language (Arabic and English) from the UAE and rest stamps are in English from India and the USA.

At no stage I provided any translation of the stamps some of which where from 2012 and 2013 hand written and was never asked for any clarification from IRCC/interviewer. So my suggestion will be to go to the test and interview with a calm state of mind. If they require, they will let you know to provide them with a translation and you can do it then.

Dont worry, I feel you will be just fine.

All the best for the test and interview. Cheers!

jawad87

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Hi,

I have recently passed my citizenship test with my ecas showing a decision made status the next day after the test and based on the interviewer's statement I am just waiting for the oath ceremony invitation.

I am a Sept'19 applicant with eligibility period starting in Aug 2014. Landed in Canada on a work permit in 2015 and got my PR in 2018. Before coming to Canada in 2015 I had travelled many times to the UAE. So my passport has around 25% of my total stamping in Arabic. But since 2015 I just had 2 stamps both in dual language (Arabic and English) from the UAE and rest stamps are in English from India and the USA.

At no stage I provided any translation of the stamps some of which where from 2012 and 2013 hand written and was never asked for any clarification from IRCC/interviewer. So my suggestion will be to go to the test and interview with a calm state of mind. If they require, they will let you know to provide them with a translation and you can do it then.

Dont worry, I feel you will be just fine.

All the best for the test and interview. Cheers!
Thanks for the response. It's always good to see some positivity in the air