+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Well Cant say how much time it takes between return or AOR. That might happen at the same time- lets say they see its complete they will send AOR or they will return. After seeing its complete i dont think they should take more time to send AOR.

May be fellow members can throw some light on that.

Guys since i have to attached only one doc to my kids application , i was wondering if i can use the same application forms or i have to use new forms to resubmit.

things to consider

a) all application got stamps of receiving by CPC (which may help to determined as resubmitted application) or in other words may not take the same time to process as the new application
b) Version of forms - as per their letter they say i can use October 2017 and onward version. So i should be good with old version of forms (12-2018 and 02-2019) ? they have new versions now though
c) Is it good idea to change the forms of kids to new versions of forms with requested docs attached or the whole lot of docs should new ?
b) considering not to touch on adults applications Since adults applications are considered complete
Based on AOR they are sending these days, it seems even if your application was complete, you wouldn't receive AOR at this time because actually they don't send AOR for July applicants now. I think they open delivered application packages couple of days after delivery day and put them on a queue for later review. For example a month later they start to check completeness of each application and if it isn't complete, they return it back otherwise they put it on another queue for data entry and issuing AOR. I mean those persons check completeness are different from those who do form data entry and create a digital record of application. After that they assign an officer to the application and that person is responsible for check all other things until final decision.

I suggest you to send all previous filled forms (you sent them last time) and just add necessary requested birth certificate documents. I also suggest to add a cover letter at the top of other documents and mention why your application returned to you. It is possible if they open your application this time, they put you on your last position on queue and it can lead to less delay.;)

Good luck.

Reactions: kanwar80

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on AOR they are sending these days, it seems even if your application was complete, you wouldn't receive AOR at this time because actually they don't send AOR for July applicants now. I think they open delivered application packages couple of days after delivery day and put them on a queue for later review. For example a month later they start to check completeness of each application and if it isn't complete, they return it back otherwise they put it on another queue for data entry and issuing AOR. I mean those persons check completeness are different from those who do form data entry and create a digital record of application. After that they assign an officer to the application and that person is responsible for check all other things until final decision.

I suggest you to send all previous filled forms (you sent them last time) and just add necessary requested birth certificate documents. I also suggest to add a cover letter at the top of other documents and mention why your application returned to you. It is possible if they open your application this time, they put you on your last position on queue and it can lead to less delay.;)

Good luck.
above make sense on processing steps of an application

Thanks thats what i have decided on my application. As by sending the same forms/application with addition docs wont wipe-out the received stamp by CPC. Having that said that would also help the officer (obviously it would be a different officer) not to go in the same process as all application have notes attached to it (complete/incomplete with docs requirement).

I called CIC and they made me bit confused by saying that i should use the latest version of forms. whereas the letter on return application says that all forms are valid after October 2017 or later

Letter on Incomplete Applications (child)

If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship,make sure you include:

The completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dated October 2017 or Later as Indicated on the lower left corner of the form

Note on Complete Application (No Letter)

Your Application is considered complete. However, as you submitted your application for concurrent processing with a family member whose application was incomplete,the entire package is being returned to you.

Please resubmit this application and your documents with the completed applications for your family members.

I will dispatch the application tomorrow, meanwhile I would appreciate some more info/suggestion from fellow members

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
above make sense on processing steps of an application

Thanks thats what i have decided on my application. As by sending the same forms/application with addition docs wont wipe-out the received stamp by CPC. Having that said that would also help the officer (obviously it would be a different officer) not to go in the same process as all application have notes attached to it (complete/incomplete with docs requirement).

I called CIC and they made me bit confused by saying that i should use the latest version of forms. whereas the letter on return application says that all forms are valid after October 2017 or later

Letter on Incomplete Applications (child)

If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship,make sure you include:

The completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dated October 2017 or Later as Indicated on the lower left corner of the form

Note on Complete Application (No Letter)

Your Application is considered complete. However, as you submitted your application for concurrent processing with a family member whose application was incomplete,the entire package is being returned to you.

Please resubmit this application and your documents with the completed applications for your family members.

I will dispatch the application tomorrow, meanwhile I would appreciate some more info/suggestion from fellow members
I'm sorry to hear that your application got returned :( It's not a good start from July.

cAmAiR12

Jul 9, 2019
:(:(:(:eek::eek::oops::oops:o_Oo_O

Guys sadly my application got returned today on Application incomplete basis:oops::oops::oops:

They are looking for child's birth certificate so both children application considered as incomplete though Adults application were complete. But they returned all as family.

I wonder why didn't they asked for certificate by email or mail. I would have send it easily rather sending the whole application back:mad::mad::mad::mad:.

I believe now i am delayed for another 2-3 months as i m out of the line and would go in the same process again:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::mad:.
sorry to hear that buddy! what's the date on the return letter?

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
The below is a recap of the milestones and also the messages received from IRCC from Application received Date to Oath Ceremony Date via your eCAS.

1) AOR
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on MM/DD/YYYY
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on MM/DD/YYYY.

2) ecas application received
3) ecas application in progress

We started processing your application on MM/DD/YYYY.

4) Test invite
We sent you a notice on MM/DD/YYYY to appear and write the citizenship test on MM/DD/YYYY at 0:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5) Pass test
6) Interview (usually concurrent to 5)
7) status changed to Decision made
8) Oath letter

We sent you a notice on MM/DD/YYYY to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on MM/DD/YYYY at 0:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

9) Oath ceremony
10) application for passport (optional)

Last edited:

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Hi Please add me on the Sheet : AVkumar
Citizenship application:
Family
Ajax
Physical Presence: 1300
Application sent: 12 July 2019
Application Delivered: 15 July 2019
added

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
please add me to the sheet. vivek chopra
citizenship application
family
edmonton
physical presence 1286
application sent july 22
added... provide received date.

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Hello everyone,

Please add my information to the sheet

LusiLee
Citizenship Application:
Type: Family(4)
Physical presence: 1400
Application Sent: July 21, 2019
Application Delivery: July 24, 2019
added

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow!!!

Friends, just wanna share

i took all precautions, read many forum post, had bit complicated case due to name change (few docs with old name and few with new) got all those sorted, familiar/experience with applications (filed work permit, visitor visa, PR application) but still i missed the birth certificate (a basic one for kids). I did checked it on document checklist and forgot to attach while dispatching the application. CIC they didn't apply mercy on me--- they would have easily asked it by mail or email rather than returning the application

That may cost me atleast 2 months. i would suggest all (though i know almost all of us had made application) those are looking to apply take time dont rush, a week or so wont make big difference, but do check ur application 3-4 times before sending:oops: (learned it hard way)

meanwhile i had another call with CIC and it seems i wont lose the spot (as fellow members also mentioned), they are likely to consider it as resubmitted application (wherein they dont need to look it as a fresh application).

Adults applications are already complete and kids missing one doc. Received stamp on the forms will help the cause. I haven't changed forms, sent as it is. just added the required docs (though went through to all applications 3-5 times;);););))

finger-crossed , staying positive else u never know with them

good luck all

frankly speaking now i dont know if guys gonna keep me in this thread or i have to bug in august thread :p:p:p:p By d way i am happy to stay with u guys:):):)

Last edited:

cAmAiR12

Jul 9, 2019
Wow!!!

Friends, just wanna share

i took all precautions, read many forum post, had bit complicated case due to name change (few docs with old name and few with new) got all those sorted, familiar/experience with applications (filed work permit, visitor visa, PR application) but still i missed the birth certificate (a basic one for kids). I did checked it on document checklist and forgot to attach while dispatching the application. CIC they didn't apply mercy on me--- they would have easily asked it by mail or email rather than returning the application

That may cost me atleast 2 months. i would suggest all (though i know almost all of us had made application) those are looking to apply take time dont rush, a week or so wont make big difference, but do check ur application 3-4 times before sending:oops: (learned it hard way)

meanwhile i had another call with CIC and it seems i wont lose the spot (as fellow members also mentioned), they are likely to consider it as resubmitted application (wherein they dont need to look it as a fresh application).

Adults applications are already complete and kids missing one doc. Received stamp on the forms will help the cause. I haven't changed forms, sent as it is. just added the required docs (though went through to all applications 3-5 times;);););))

finger-crossed , staying positive else u never know with them

good luck all

frankly speaking now i dont know if guys gonna keep me in this thread or i have to bug in august thread :p:p:p:p By d way i am happy to stay with u guys:):):)[/QU

sorry to hear that! when was the application submitted and when was it returned if u don't mind to share

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Story So far

Application Sent: June 21, 2019 | Application Received: July 2, 2019 (Canada post error got it delayed:mad:o_O:oops::() | Application Returned: August 14 2019:(:((incomplete) | Application Resent: August 16 2019 |AOR: Pending:rolleyes: | Started Processing: Pending:rolleyes: | Test Letter Invite: Pending:rolleyes: | Test Interview Date: Pending:rolleyes: | Oath Letter: Pending:rolleyes:| Citizenship Ceremony: Pending :):cool:

mii4jans

Sep 3, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/08/2014
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
19/12/2014
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Please add me to the spreadsheet
ID: Mii4jans
Application Sent- June 27
Delivered - July 08
Type: Family(5)
Presence: 1110
AOR: pending

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi please add me too:

Citizenship Application: Single
Essex
Type: Family (3)
Physical presence: 1111
Application Sent: July 17, 2019
Application Delivered: July 22, 2019

Last edited:

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Unfortunately as you know, nobody is responsible for managing August applicants information in citizenship spreadsheet. So I decided to make a new spreadsheet for August, September,... applicants.
I already added all 2019 information (January to August) from original spreadsheet to the new one so if other admins (responsible for other months) like, I can give them edit access and they can update their information in this spreadsheet and in this way we can have a up-to-date spreadsheet for everyone.

New link is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16jqxiOUfnA_ws3M_veGn8l2MRtfvWLIf5CXmbNoyxGc/edit#gid=0