+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello Guys... My application is still in limbo. 2 weeks ago I come from a trip from the USA. The border agent asked why am i not a Citizen yet?. told them the story of the application that was sent in July 2019. he told me directly to hire a lawyer. Does anyone from Montreal contact a lawyer regarding this?
The border agent was on your side? Interesting. I wonder the American or Canadian.

Search the forums, there was someone how hired a lawyer, who wrote an official letter to IRCC about their intention to seek legal action if nothing changes, and got DM and oath in 2 months. She wasn't from Montreal though. I am not sure how the physical locations play out in such scenarios.

3rbii

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
The border agent was on your side? Interesting. I wonder the American or Canadian.

Search the forums, there was someone how hired a lawyer, who wrote an official letter to IRCC about their intention to seek legal action if nothing changes, and got DM and oath in 2 months. She wasn't from Montreal though. I am not sure how the physical locations play out in such scenarios.
They can see our application in the system. Canadian Border Agent, who told me that. When i told him since when i sent it and he confirmed it with me and told me to get a Lawyer for this. if anyone has a lawyer recommendation that would be appreciated

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
They can see our application in the system. Canadian Border Agent, who told me that. When i told him since when i sent it and he confirmed it with me and told me to get a Lawyer for this. if anyone has a lawyer recommendation that would be appreciated

What is the status of your application ? did you hire a lawyer yet? I am also July 2019 applicant.

3rbii

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
What is the status of your application ? did you hire a lawyer yet? I am also July 2019 applicant.
Still at the point of background check. And no news since I received AOR in november of 2019. What about you? are you form montreal? i did contact a lawyer. I have an appointment with him march 7th since he's on vacation this week.

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
Have not heard anything on my file since October 2019 when I receive AOR. No, I am from Mississauga. I have not hired a lawyer yet

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have not heard anything on my file since October 2019 when I receive AOR. No, I am from Mississauga. I have not hired a lawyer yet
That is concerning, Please contact your MP and have them follow up. You should also order case notes to see where your file is stuck, I suspect in the BG stage,

3rbii

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
That is concerning, Please contact your MP and have them follow up. You should also order case notes to see where your file is stuck, I suspect in the BG stage,
I did contact my MP however she seems busy with the ukraine situation. she is the foreign affairs minister

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did contact my MP however she seems busy with the ukraine situation. she is the foreign affairs minister
Try contacting other MPs in your riding, there should be 3 different MPs from other parties available to help you out (Conservative, Liberal, NDP & Green P)

AnkiQC

Dec 28, 2021
After 2 years and 7 months, my journey is now over. My family and I became Canadian citizens this morning. The whole thing lasted for about 2 hours, mostly because so many people could not figure out how to mute/unmute themselves. It was pretty chaotic at times.

That said, I'd like to thank so many of you who helped out over the past few years and also to wish those who are still waiting best of luck. I sincerely hope things move fast now for everyone. Stay strong, it's worth the wait in the end.

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
I saw the update on online tracker and finally background verification is completed after 2 years and 5 months. Now waiting for the next step hopefully it goes smooth and quick.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It is def concerning seeing some of you who applied in 2019 still waiting for update from CIC - and here I thought I was in a panic state since we applied in May2020 and its in progress since June 2021.

Just insane to think citizenship applications would take this long ! Hoping everyone is able to see this through this year .

canadaehcitizen

Jan 18, 2019
Hi,
Can someone please add my timeline

Family (3)
Toronto, Ontario
Sent App : Jul 20, 2019
AOR Received : Oct 15, 2019
Exam Date: Dec 20, 2019 (passed the test)
Request Fingerprint : Mar 4, 2021

3rbii

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Little Update!!!
I contacted a lawyer thru a mutual friend. She made a little digging/investigation apparently they, IRCC, put me on a list to be scheduled for an examen since November 2021. I'm going to right them again thru a web form and see what they told me. and then from there, i'll see if I need to assign them in court.

Reactions: natashagils

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Hi guys, I have a quick question:
The online tool to check application status--linked here--shows that they're finalizing most applications received between July 7th and 13th as of today (Oct 20th). What do they mean by received? Is it when my application was received by them from Canada Post? Or is it the AOR?

I sent my application on June 27th 2019, pretty sure it was delivered July 3rd 2019, and AOR Sept 6th 2019. Nothing since and I'm not sure whether I should worry. The old status checker--with a completion bar if I recall correctly--had more dates relevant to our application--the new one, implemented in June if my memory serves me right, only shows Sept 6th as the date for which " Application Filed: We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon."

I am not sure whether the date reflected in the application status tool--linked at the beginning of my post--reflects the date they received my application by mail--i.e. July 3rd--or the date of what seems tobe the AOR--Sept 6th. Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated! I emailed IRCC with questions but they are apparently not responding to requests received from the web form unless it's related to a priority inquiry.
Hi y'all,
So I finally got a test invite like 10 days ago and passed the test today. I hope the rest of the process is smoother, and that I can get my citizenship by end of the Summer, although I'm not sure what to expect after 2 years and 8 months between AOR and test invite...

Reactions: natashagils