Med's Done....
24-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
do you get a notification when you go into "IN Progress" or are we expected to just check regularly?

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
It's fine. Go ahead and use your father's surname.

I have a married friend who kept her name on all legal documents because it's a pain to change it in a Philippine passport. Anyway, when you get a Canadian passport, you don't have to worry. Probably even better to enter the PH with a Canadian passport for shorter lines at the airport.
Thank you. So its all good to change my surname back to my fathers as I am hopefully at that time will be a Canadian anyway, Do you think it wont be any problem entering the Philippines

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
regarding your questions:

Q: can I change my last name before reaching a decision to my application?
A: reach out to CIC and they'll give you the best answer.

consult this webpage about changing names:
https://www.easynamechange.com/ca/name-change-checklist/Citizenship-Permanent-Residents/

it is said: "Any Canadian Citizen or permanent resident can change names. This may be a name change from marriage, divorce or a legal name change. The name change can’t be done as part of your citizenship application. You must follow the same name change process as all other Canadians, then apply to get your citizenship certificate or permanent resident card updated. When you apply to become a citizen, the name you provide on the application form will be the same as your name on citizenship. There are no name changes allowed during this process. You can apply for a legal name change either before applying for citizenship, or after citizenship is granted."

Q: I know that once became a Canadian citizen I automatically renounce my Filipino Citizenship not unless I apply for dual citizenship is this correct?
I can d so without having any complications entering Philippines one day with a Canadian passport and my name being switch back to fathers surname?

A: it is better to consult your embassy webpage or go to see them directly, or ask someone who is Filipino too and had the same case.

the same webpage above talks about changing name and possible implications in your country of birth.

Congrats for receiving your AOR!

Good luck!
Thank you so much., I will definitely going to look into this. I feel like it wont be a problem as I am divorced here in Canada and once became a Canadian I wont be a Filipino citizen not unless I apply for dual.

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
I would suggest you create a new thread with the subject mentioning last name change after AOR.
Your question will get more attention as a separate thread.
Thank you. I already did started a new thread

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...