07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Got AOR today!! Application delivered on July 9
added to the spreadsheet. Would you share your location, type of application (family or single application), the number of days for the physical presence and the date the app was sent?

PriceOfThieves

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-05-2015

PriceOfThieves

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-05-2015
Hello, So I already received AOR of my citizenship application, if I want to change my last name as I am still using the last name of my ex husband we I have the divorced certificate that is granted here in Alberta, can I change my last name before reaching a decision to my application? I was thinking to wait till I received my certificate of citizenship when the time comes then have them change my surname back to my fathers surname.

I am also a Filipino citizen, and I got married back home but filed and granted divorce here in Canada. I know that once became a Canadian citizen I automatically renounce my Filipino Citizenship not unless I apply for dual citizenship is this correct? If this is the case and I want to change my surname back to my fathers surname, I can d so without having any complications entering Philippines one day with a Canadian passport and my name being switch back to fathers surname?

I really hope I am making sense with what I am seeking advice with. Thank you so much everyone in advance for helping me out with this.

regarding your questions:

Q: can I change my last name before reaching a decision to my application?
A: reach out to CIC and they'll give you the best answer.

consult this webpage about changing names:
https://www.easynamechange.com/ca/name-change-checklist/Citizenship-Permanent-Residents/

it is said: "Any Canadian Citizen or permanent resident can change names. This may be a name change from marriage, divorce or a legal name change. The name change can’t be done as part of your citizenship application. You must follow the same name change process as all other Canadians, then apply to get your citizenship certificate or permanent resident card updated. When you apply to become a citizen, the name you provide on the application form will be the same as your name on citizenship. There are no name changes allowed during this process. You can apply for a legal name change either before applying for citizenship, or after citizenship is granted."

Q: I know that once became a Canadian citizen I automatically renounce my Filipino Citizenship not unless I apply for dual citizenship is this correct?
I can d so without having any complications entering Philippines one day with a Canadian passport and my name being switch back to fathers surname?

A: it is better to consult your embassy webpage or go to see them directly, or ask someone who is Filipino too and had the same case.

the same webpage above talks about changing name and possible implications in your country of birth.

Congrats for receiving your AOR!

Good luck!

Last edited:

hudson34

Dec 23, 2016
Received my AOR yesterday evening!

Application: Single
Physical Presence: 1107
Application Sent: July 7th
Application Received: July 10th
AOR: September 17th

Reactions: GraceCan

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
my application was delivered on July 10th, but returned back due to missing documents. Later which attached the missing documents and resent it , delivered on Aug 22nd. So the application received date is considered as Aug 22nd or july 10th?
Hence AOR will also be delayed?

thanks

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
my application was delivered on July 10th, but returned back due to missing documents. Later which attached the missing documents and resent it , delivered on Aug 22nd. So the application received date is considered as Aug 22nd or july 10th?
Hence AOR will also be delayed?

thanks

Sorry to hear that. When was it returned? Unfortunately, Aug 22 will be the new date your application was received.

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
Sorry to hear that. When was it returned? Unfortunately, Aug 22 will be the new date your application was received.
it was returned Aug 19th. I had mine and my daughter's application together. It was returned due to missing birth certificate. attached it and resent it again. my application was considered complete.

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it was returned Aug 19th. I had mine and my daughter's application together. It was returned due to missing birth certificate. attached it and resent it again. my application was considered complete.

I had the same issue. Sadly new date of receipt would be considered. Or u may get lucky if they consider the first date (never know:))