+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

KarlaLeiva

Sep 19, 2019
Hello,

We just Received email confirmation for test february 12th.

If you can kindly update.

Location Halifax

Thanks and good luck to everybody

XyL

Jul 11, 2019
I recalled seeing some posts mentioned they didn't have an interview after the test. I guess it depends on which office you had your test.

Towards the end of the interview, the officer told me I passed the exam and met all the citizenship requirements. The next step is to wait for the oath ceremony invite. She did emphasize it will take a few months. Guess she was trying to manage the expectation as well.

If my observation is correct, it also depends on the office/workload, some luck folks got oath ceremony done the next day after the test while some waited for a few weeks/months.

Hope you hear some good news soon. Almost there! Fingers crossed.

Hi! I saw on your line in the spreadsheet that you took your test on 01/27. Congrats on getting the Decision Made a day after! I took the test with my father on 12/31/2019 and still In Process. No interview after the results were given either. Was told invite will come in 3 weeks, a month already and still none.

They told you to wait for Oath Taking invite within next 'months'?? Geez, they are slow.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Decision made today

2 months and one day after passing the test.

Montréal office

hi2kunal

Aug 7, 2012
Unfortunately none of the Brampton, Oakville, Mississauga , Milton residents ave received test invite. Has anyone know the statastics or the logic behind such delay. My PR card is expiring in June this year and I was hoping to have passport before then so i dont have to apply for renewal.

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Unfortunately none of the Brampton, Oakville, Mississauga , Milton residents ave received test invite. Has anyone know the statastics or the logic behind such delay. My PR card is expiring in June this year and I was hoping to have passport before then so i dont have to apply for renewal.
In the same boat! PR card expires in July/August..getting worried now

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
In the same boat! PR card expires in July/August..getting worried now
I do not expect my exam before July. If you look at the trend currently from 2019 Jan you will understand. Sadly people from Ontario are put in a different queue I wish I had applied from Edmonton, Calgary area.

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I do not expect my exam before July. If you look at the trend currently from 2019 Jan you will understand. Sadly people from Ontario are put in a different queue I wish I had applied from Edmonton, Calgary area.
I think it's due to the sheer amount of applicants. Considering most of the Canadian population is in Central Canada, it is expected to take longer. Alberta is quite empty compared to Ontario and there are far fewer applicants. At least, that's the logic I see behind it. I might be totally wrong. Hang in there! You will eventually get it.

Reactions: parvisingh

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
here's my update:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 10, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 17, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 29, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 2, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 23, 2019
I live in downtown Toronto and the test will be in Scarborough
Hello! I received notice for test on Dec 5, 3 days after you. Took the test on Dec 30 at Hamilton office. Was wondering if you got Decision Made already? And oath taking invite?

Last edited:

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
If I were you, I'd start the renewal process now. You may start it 9 months before the expiry. It makes no harm to get it renewed.

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
From Oavkville here. Took the test Dec 30 at Hamilton office. Still In Process. No oath taking invite still.

LusiLee

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Montréal
Hi guys,

I have a question, maybe some of you know the answer.
If we applied as a family of 4, when we will get our invitation to oath ceremony, what if my husband can't participate. Can I go there with the kids, and reschedule for my husband?

Thanks