Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2016
Wow that was an extensive insight! Thanks! I'm now a bit stressed out because I do not have my COPR. No idea where it is honestly.
For me in Monteral, No documents were asked. only passport, PR card and Driving licence was asked. I believe it should not be an issue.

Reactions: utopir

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
To follow MR21's example, I want to briefly report on the test. I successfully passed my test this morning (100%!). We were not that many people to take it (maybe 30-40) and the room was quite empty.
From the moment I started writing the test to the moment I walked out of the office (talking to the agent, verifying identity and papers), no more than 15-20 minutes passed! The test itself is much easier than any practice test (no date for instance) and is entirely multiple-choice (fill in the blanks, true or false). Just make sure you read the question carefully, that's it. It took me about 5 minutes, which included reading through it twice.
The verification of papers is very fast, especially if you are among the first ones to be done. I was not asked the COPR, just the PR card, proof of languages (my diplomas), your passport to verify absences from Canada (and even then there was one stamp missing for which the agent did not give me any grief, just made a note) and that's it.

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
Hi there! Applicant from July 2019 here. (Applied with my dad and sister who is a minor, mom is already a citizen)

Process officially started in October. Got test invite on 12/05, Test date at Hamilton office on 12/31. (started the new yr off in great spirits as I got 20/20 in the test lol). No interview was done after the test, literally just the front clerk calling all test takers and saying the results in front of everybody else. Was told that an email for the Oath Taking Ceremony should come in like 3 weeks. It is now 4 weeks and still nothing. Still showing as In Process in app status.

Now anxiously waiting for Oath Taking invite as family is planning on crossing over to the states sometime soon. Would still need time for passport application after the ceremony.

Anybody on the same boat?

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm glad to say that we got a test invitation today. Test will be held in Halifax, on Feb 10.

Heroine

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 11,2014
AOR Received.
Apr 9,2014
File Transfer...
Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
Hi there! Applicant from July 2019 here. (Applied with my dad and sister who is a minor, mom is already a citizen)

Process officially started in October. Got test invite on 12/05, Test date at Hamilton office on 12/31. (started the new yr off in great spirits as I got 20/20 in the test lol). No interview was done after the test, literally just the front clerk calling all test takers and saying the results in front of everybody else. Was told that an email for the Oath Taking Ceremony should come in like 3 weeks. It is now 4 weeks and still nothing. Still showing as In Process in app status.

Now anxiously waiting for Oath Taking invite as family is planning on crossing over to the states sometime soon. Would still need time for passport application after the ceremony.

Same here

Test on Jan 20 in calgary,got 18/20,didn't have interview just that after the test everyone were called to meet up the front desk staff. ..It's in an open areaarea like the bank counter .The staff asked if I ever leave Canada while checking my passport and as what is my job .And told me I will have to wait for the oath .

It has been 4 days on ECAS my status hasn't been updated yet ,wanna know if they will arrange an actual interview or I'm good?

Praveennk84

Aug 10, 2019
Same here

Test on Jan 20 in calgary,got 18/20,didn't have interview just that after the test everyone were called to meet up the front desk staff. ..It's in an open areaarea like the bank counter .The staff asked if I ever leave Canada while checking my passport and as what is my job .And told me I will have to wait for the oath .

It has been 4 days on ECAS my status hasn't been updated yet ,wanna know if they will arrange an actual interview or I'm good?
No, whatever you had with the immigration officer at the counter was the interview. The next step is "Decision Made" which gets updated on your ECAS after a day or two.

Last edited:

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016

First of all Congratulation atleast you got the test invite and you passed, Over all Hamilton office processing is really slow you will get ceremony details soon.. I am also July 2019 candidate case in process since Oct 2019 no FP request no test invite still waiting :)

destinyhope

Jan 8, 2020

This is exactly what happened to me..No interview after the test T.T . But online says wait for 1-3 months for oath schedule. I've cleared my test on Nov 29th so I will wait until the end of February.. If I did not get any email from them, then I will try to call them....

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
For those who are Halton Region residents and were pissed off with how slow they are, a friend has received his test invite yesterday. He sent his application in April, FP in August and after 5-month wait he finally got his invite!

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
For those who are Halton Region residents and were pissed off with how slow they are, a friend has received his test invite yesterday. He sent his application in April, FP in August and after 5-month wait he finally got his invite!
lol means we have to wait 3 to 4 months more :p

harry112358

Feb 6, 2017
What? So April candidates getting the test invites now? what is wrong with Hamilton office???

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
Wow April applicant and just got his test invite the other day? Thats ridiculous. I am a July applicant, got my test invite on 12/05/2019. Test done on 12/31/2019. I passed, no interview at all afterwards! Now just waiting for Oath Taking invite. The immigration clerk who told me I passed the test said we can wait around 3 weeks we'll get an invite. But to this day, no invite still. Still showing In Process in app status.

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
Same here

Was thinking the same. Is there an actual interview still to be done? Or was that it? My mom took her citizenship test at Mississauga office in Jan 2019 when she applied by herself. A week after she passed the test, she received her oath taking invite. Oath taking ceremony was 2 weeks after that.

I was wondering if its because we sent our applications together? (Me, dad, sister who is a minor(we attached my mom's citizenship ID #)). Would this be why its being processed slower? My dad and I both passed the test tho and no interviews done.