+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Lucky713

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Yes exactly that is the difficulty. Many ppl have been denied bc PR was in process but yes more research is always useful. Another issue is that when ppl contact embassies overseas within 12 month period they get told that its still within pricessing times.
Lets hope to get PPR soon..
This TRV things looks v.complicated lol..
This stress is just too much ..Sleepless nights

Reactions: Lanak

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Hey everybody
My husband and I are really worried/frustrated since our application was received in Sydney on July 16th and so far we haven't got anything from CIC! would this mean that there is something wrong? Who can we contact to get some info? I'm applying from Colombia and my husband is Canadian. I'd appreciate any helpful info as I see that most of the message imply that the time for get an AOR is up to 8 weeks!!
Call the CIC as soon as you can and ask what’s going on

Jasmine1805

Aug 22, 2018
Hi Jasmine

Have you heard any news regarding your application?
Hi Saffa,
Nothing new so far. Still waiting. Since our time frame gone through x’mas and new year so maybe it’s just 2-3 weeks of process after medical passed. Bground check takes months, so just relax. The results will come soon I think. :)

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Hi Saffa,
Nothing new so far. Still waiting. Since our time frame gone through x’mas and new year so maybe it’s just 2-3 weeks of process after medical passed. Bground check takes months, so just relax. The results will come soon I think. :)
I’m also concerned it’s been 3 months since medical for my husband and no news. They are still checking eligibility requirements

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
I believe we are in the same boat
My file got transferred to accra visa office on seven 1st and ever since radio silence.
I’m being rep by a lawyer and can’t get gckey so I have no idea what’s going on.
Do you have the phone number of the automated calling service where I can find out myself ?
The waiting is killing me
I’m a may applicant
Thanks
Any news on your end? The phone number of CIC is 1 888 242 2100!

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how long it would take before we get a request for the passport? Below is our status on CIC. As for the ECAS, it says that medical was received.

Applicant information
  • Date Received: July 4, 2018
Details about your application status

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. ( just passed on 12.19.18)
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. (This process started a while ago)
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Any news on your end? I applied for my husband on July 3 2018 and no news so far except that interview not needed and medical has been passed

starmex

Jun 7, 2018
Hi,

I already passed the Medicals and last week I received the request for police certificate. Also my BGC change “in process”. Do you know what is the next step and how long will take ?

Thanks in advance.

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Any news on your end? The phone number of CIC is 1 888 242 2100!
You can call the automated line, 1888 242 2100 Option 1, then option 1 , option 2 and then Option 3, key in your file number and then your spouse's date of birth.
Follow the directions and it should tell you what's on your file.

I am in the same boat as my lawyer is my rep. I just call each morning to check, unfortunately my background check has not started yet.

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
You can call the automated line, 1888 242 2100 Option 1, then option 1 , option 2 and then Option 3, key in your file number and then your spouse's date of birth.
Follow the directions and it should tell you what's on your file.

I am in the same boat as my lawyer is my rep. I just call each morning to check, unfortunately my background check has not started yet.
Same here I call every day BGC also didn’t start. This is making me nervous

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
I believe we are in the same boat
My file got transferred to accra visa office on seven 1st and ever since radio silence.
I’m being rep by a lawyer and can’t get gckey so I have no idea what’s going on.
Do you have the phone number of the automated calling service where I can find out myself ?
The waiting is killing me
I’m a may applicant
Thanks
Make sure to call CIC at 1 888 242 2100 and it’s easy to check them once you put in your application number and PAs date of birth

Vivitty

Dec 13, 2018
Any news on your end? I applied for my husband on July 3 2018 and no news so far except that interview not needed and medical has been passed
We got PPR on January 10th. Sent it off on January 14th and are still waiting for it to get returned. However, our CIC online application status has changed to approved. BGC completed, it took 3-4 months for that.

I call the IRCC number pretty often for updates. Once it's out of their hands I emailed the visa office as well for status. They don't always reply but I email them anyway.

Hopefully you get your BGC gets started and completed quickly and your PPR will be soon! Waiting is the hardest part. Hang in there!

Reactions: s_n _10 and Lanak