+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

SF2017

Jul 27, 2018
My husband called today because our application was delivered on July 10th to Mississauga Office by mistake and we had no news since then. The officer told him that NS are processing the applications received on July 3rd and ours will be redirected to NS office. Hope for some news soon!
did you use Feb checklist or Jun?

ZahraaSawan

Aug 30, 2018
HI! I'm a Canadian citizen & my husband is from the middle east. I have moved my life here for the past 9 months to be with him. We sent tons and tons of pics, chats, entire wedding album and all documents asked for. We hired a very good lawyer. He sent our application today, any clue how long it could take until my husband can come into canada?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I submitted my application according to Feb checklist and sent it to Mississauga and haven't received AOR yet. They received my application on July 6. WIll they return my application? I just read this thread and I am so scared now
AOR is taking over 8 weeks in a lot of cases but because you sent the wrong forms and to the wrong office they may return it.

SF2017

Jul 27, 2018
AOR is taking over 8 weeks in a lot of cases but because you sent the wrong forms and to the wrong office they may return it.
I just called them, they told me that they sent the application to Sydney and now its up to the immigration officer. I also checked with another person on this forum who submitted application to Mississauga. His application was received on Jun 21 and he received AOR on Aug 20th.

Also I remember taking a picture of addresses before going to send my application and that showed Mississauga on their website. I am pretty sure they changed the address only on checklist in Jun and not on their basic guide online till I send my application. I might be safe. Let see, keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: bertha39

bertha39

May 31, 2018
I just called them, they told me that they sent the application to Sydney and now its up to the immigration officer. I also checked with another person on this forum who submitted application to Mississauga. His application was received on Jun 21 and he received AOR on Aug 20th.

Also I remember taking a picture of addresses before going to send my application and that showed Mississauga on their website. I am pretty sure they changed the address only on checklist in Jun and not on their basic guide online till I send my application. I might be safe. Let see, keeping my fingers crossed.
did you use Feb checklist or Jun?
I used Feb checklist, in 2 weeks I might have an answer.

Reactions: SF2017

princessbadillo

Jun 16, 2018
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
03-07-2018
I received an e-mail from CPC-Sydney just now. I also received the UCI and application number.
I was wondering why are they asking me for an updated Police Clearance of my husband wherein I already sent it to them last July 3 together with the application. The police cert will expire on Nov 2018

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
I received an e-mail from CPC-Sydney just now. I also received the UCI and application number.
I was wondering why are they asking me for an updated Police Clearance of my husband wherein I already sent it to them last July 3 together with the application. The police cert will expire on Nov 2018
What date did you apply?

Monabil

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
The current system is so filthy and it is not appropriate for a country like canada!!
It's appropriate for a fourth generation country! What is this two months waiting for a reply and you can get the application back anytime without any notice!!

Germany and England provide family sponsorship within a max range of 6 months! Mostly three or four months for the entire process!!

The system should change so that there will be nothing called returning, they must open a file for the sponsor and in case a form or certificate is required, they should ask for it and add it to the file later, families of canadian citizen should get more attention than migration and express entry!
But what is happening right now is a filthy joke!!!!!!

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
The current system is so filthy and it is not appropriate for a country like canada!!
It's appropriate for a fourth generation country! What is this two months waiting for a reply and you can get the application back anytime without any notice!!

Germany and England provide family sponsorship within a max range of 6 months! Mostly three or four months for the entire process!!

The system should change so that there will be nothing called returning, they must open a file for the sponsor and in case a form or certificate is required, they should ask for it and add it to the file later, families of canadian citizen should get more attention than migration and express entry!
I agree with you on some level, but please remember that system already did get better compared to the past few years when an outland applicatipn could take 2 years or more (Read it somewhere on this forum).
Also, yes a year a part is a long time, but well worth the possibility to spend the rest of your life happily with the love of your life :)

nkanani1

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Request
NN
Interview........
NN

You have to understand that this delays and processing time is the result of frauds conducted by immigrants . Even USA takes 1.5 yrs minimum processing time . Being frustrated isn't going to help .

Reactions: mrrudio

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Hey everyone!
my application was received in sydney on 30th of July, so I will be the last one here to get my PPR!! I am already frustrated by the backlogs! I agree that 2month waiting for just an AOR is dumb but no one knows what exactly is going on in Sydney or local VOs. In fact this lack of knowledge freaks us out!!
But I think whatever it is, there is logical explanation for these delays, like traffic of student visas, inexperienced officers, security checks which need contacting multiple countries,....

Last edited:
Reactions: javier osorio

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
You all have to understand that the length of AOR does not necessarily mean that your application will be approved faster or slower. IRCC is stating that most applications will be done in 1 year. They are way within that time period even if our AOR takes 2 months.

I've seen cases where AOR took just about a month or less but the rest of the updates took 2 months before it's forwarded. Compare that to other cases when AOR took 2 months but within days, it's forwarded + other updates were given.

We all just have to be patient. It will come soon.

mrrudio

Apr 13, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
12/07/2018
File Transfer...
29/08/2018
Med's Request
21/08/2018
Med's Done....
28/08/2018
Passport Req..
25/09/2018
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2018
is your husband from Philippines? I think you should have submitted nbi clearance instead.