+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hello! My application was received on 1st June 2018 (sent with FedEx from UK to Mississauga) but I've just got my email today from CIC to say they received my application to sponsor. I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my British fiancé.

Should I be in the July group because I've got this email in July? Or the June group as that's when the application was received?
You are June 2018 applicant and you need to be in June 2018 thread, but you are more than welcome to join any group that you like.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hello! My application was received on 1st June 2018 (sent with FedEx from UK to Mississauga) but I've just got my email today from CIC to say they received my application to sponsor. I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my British fiancé.

Should I be in the July group because I've got this email in July? Or the June group as that's when the application was received?
Which month should be determined by when the application was received and what you got is probably a AOR1.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Sent my sponsorship application to sydney nova scotia today via canada post express. It will reach by friday. Any whatsapp group created for july applicants friends?

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Sent my sponsorship application to sydney nova scotia today via canada post express. It will reach by friday. Any whatsapp group created for july applicants friends?
Hi there,

Good luck with your application.

No Whatsapp group, it'll be great if someone could create the group.

Jul 11, 2018
Welcome to Family Class Sponsorship JULY 2018 thread - OUTLAND

Hi,

Feel free to ask questions, share thoughts and seek advice.

What happens after submitting my application?

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

Then, if not submitted with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

God speed

Jul 11, 2018
Welcome to Family Class Sponsorship JULY 2018 thread - OUTLAND

Hi,

Feel free to ask questions, share thoughts and seek advice.

What happens after submitting my application?

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

Then, if not submitted with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

God speed
Hi
Thank you very much for information. I have come to Canada 3 months ago on PR. I have submitted my family sponsorship application in July. My husband and kids are in India and I am working in Canada.
My COPR had names and UCI nos of my husband and kids but they were mentioned as non accompanying that time will it help to fasten the process in any ways?

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hi
Thank you very much for information. I have come to Canada 3 months ago on PR. I have submitted my family sponsorship application in July. My husband and kids are in India and I am working in Canada.
My COPR had names and UCI nos of my husband and kids but they were mentioned as non accompanying that time will it help to fasten the process in any ways?
I assume this is a fresh application! If so, I believe that they will go through a normal Outland applicants process which may take 12 month or less.
I am not entirely sure though, this is first time I come across such case.

Please research a bit more in other threads. There is a lady @kcward7 all over this website who seems to be very knowledgeable, kind and helpful. Ask her please.

I hope that you re-unite with your family soon.

Good luck

Revenant

Last edited:

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi
If your family was examined as a part of your application it speeds up the process slightly because they will already be known to IRCC. Medical exams are usually only valid for one year, so they may be requested to re-take them; and IRCC will still run full checks on them. It's perhaps more efficient than starting from scratch and may result in a slightly faster process, but you should still consider that it could take anywhere up to 12 months to complete just like any other application.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I assume this is a fresh application! If so, I believe that they will go through a normal Outland applicants process which may take 12 month or less.
I am not entirely sure though, this is first time I come across such case.

Please research a bit more in other threads. There is this person @kcward7 all over this website who seems to be very knowledgeable, kind and helpful. Ask him please.

I hope that you re-unite with your family soon.

Good luck

Revenant
She ;)

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi
I would not count on this speeding up the process in any way as they will still need to do exhaustive background checks that they would not have done as non accompanying. While evdm is right that they will be known to IRCC, I would not expect this to provide anything significant by way of expediting.

SRK1992

Jul 12, 2018
Hello @kcward7 just a question for you. My application was received today at Sydney. I used 5406 Feb 2018 but the final updated form is 5406 May 2018. Do you see this as a problem?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello @kcward7 just a question for you. My application was received today at Sydney. I used 5406 Feb 2018 but the final updated form is 5406 May 2018. Do you see this as a problem?
Impossible to know unless you get AOR. Hopefully they don't return it and either just carry on processing or give you the opportunity to resubmit.

Reactions: SRK1992

Huma01

Jul 12, 2018
Hi,
I have a question/concern about my Spousal sponsorship application-outland. I have sponsored my husband from Pakistan on July 10, 2017. The application at this point is in London visa office and we received our Pre-arrival Services letter on June 13, 2018 but we haven't heard anything since than. I had sent an enquiry through Web and the response was that they are doing background/security check. However, everything else looks good. At this point my application had completed the processing time of 12 months. Should we be concerned? How does the background/security checks take normally?