singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
inferring a lot of things.
I have read that all of a sudden members got med req and other things but they did not get initial AOR and it took over 3 months. As far as I am concerned its OK if they dont send me nothing for 4 more months cause I have learned to live like that. As seniors and you also say process is continuous, so no need to PANIC.1 thing 4 sure there are members over GOOD 90 days have no clue, what happened to app lost or?. It might happen to many others waiting as well. Ones who phoned , even no AOR1, the good thing is that we are in the system so nothing to worry. BUT there are few over 90 days they phoned too, no one is giving them info where their application went..

wayneh2t

Sep 20, 2018
We are July 9th applicants and still have not received any news.

Called them many times and eventually was able to reach them yesterday, then all they said was to be more patient. I told them the reason I am frustrated is because I am seeing many applications at Mississauga office getting processed really quickly (from myimmitracker.com), however Sydney is making no movements at their office there. I asked them if this office, or at least this immigration category, has just been newly set up and people are currently being trained now, but they said that is not the case they have been doing it for a while and they are going through the same process as Mississauga.

Now I wish that I applied a few days earlier and sent my application to Mississauga before they switched their address to Sydney in June...

So sad.

bertha39

May 31, 2018
Nothing here also. I am July 10th PA and try to have patience, nothing else to do. We called and we were told to wait, our file is in the system. So that's it, maybe the rest of the process will go faster.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Nothing here also. I am July 10th PA and try to have patience, nothing else to do. We called and we were told to wait, our file is in the system. So that's it, maybe the rest of the process will go faster.
We are July 9th applicants and still have not received any news.

Called them many times and eventually was able to reach them yesterday, then all they said was to be more patient. I told them the reason I am frustrated is because I am seeing many applications at Mississauga office getting processed really quickly (from myimmitracker.com), however Sydney is making no movements at their office there. I asked them if this office, or at least this immigration category, has just been newly set up and people are currently being trained now, but they said that is not the case they have been doing it for a while and they are going through the same process as Mississauga.

Now I wish that I applied a few days earlier and sent my application to Mississauga before they switched their address to Sydney in June...

So sad.
Best advice I can give you is to stop thinking about it obsessively. The entire process is like this, not just AOR. It's hurry up & wait. We didn't hear anything for 5 months after VO transfer at one point.

I thought we would have fast processing...Irish, married, outland application whilst inside Canada...ended up taking almost 11 months end to end. It's stressful times but you'll do yourself a huge favor if you can try to ease up and relax. Otherwise you'll be anxiety ridden and drive yourself crazy the whole time.

GuillermoQC

Aug 9, 2018
Can I create the account for my wife without the UCI number or I must wait the AOR for this. Also I have never filed up the representative form, will this impact negatively the process or lead to a return of the demand, (I was never told this form was needed anywhere, even that I did not need to fill this up)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Can I create the account for my wife without the UCI number or I must wait the AOR for this. Also I have never filed up the representative form, will this impact negatively the process or lead to a return of the demand, (I was never told this form was needed anywhere, even that I did not need to fill this up)
No need for UCI , just create account for her from GCkey website,All you need is her e-mail and other details:--
Sorry 1st REGISTER here:-
https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/rg?execution=e1s1
Then u will use bottom option to login
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Last edited:

GuillermoQC

Aug 9, 2018
No need for UCI , just create account for her from GCkey website,All you need is her e-mail and other details:--
Sorry 1st REGISTER here:-
https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/rg?execution=e1s1
Then u will use bottom option to login
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Thx, will do this asap. And about representative form, this is having anything to do?. I was thinking you had to fill this up and join it to the demand only when you actually pay a lawyer that is approved by CIC

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thx, will do this asap. And about representative form, this is having anything to do?. I was thinking you had to fill this up and join it to the demand only when you actually pay a lawyer that is approved by CIC
Agent told me to use each other accounts (no need to mention here we can share email accounts and more with spouses.) Its good to have authorization form imm 5476 but that authorization form is of a little help ; say they can send U an email for wife's AOR as per agent told me, she said you still need wife to sign extra form in case you need GCMS notes later.

GuillermoQC

Aug 9, 2018
Agent told me to use each other accounts (no need to mention here we can share email accounts and more with spouses.) Its good to have authorization form imm 5476 but that authorization form is of a little help ; say they can send U an email for wife's AOR as per agent told me, she said you still need wife to sign extra form in case you need GCMS notes later.
I am living with my wife in Colombia, so if she receives an e-mail, I will see it. That form was not needed in reality for me. Now, should I create an account for me (sponsor) or everything will be processed and updated on her CGKey account?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I am living with my wife in Colombia, so if she receives an e-mail, I will see it. That form was not needed in reality for me. Now, should I create an account for me (sponsor) or everything will be processed and updated on her CGKey account?
As per agent if you have authorization you will get email, otherwise she the PA will get . But in the long run both can see things from their own accounts which may not be the same

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
It sounds like you don´t want to come to Canada. You are at the right time to stop the process. Don´t do something against your own will

No one is forcing you to apply. If you think it's that bad, don't bother.

This has nothing to do with bureaucracy. They have made leaps and bounds in improving this process...just a few years ago it was far more strenous and time consuming. People set far too much store in something like AOR.

Technical issues happen everywhere, it's not Canada's fault they occur sometimes. Not saying that's even what happened, but that in the past some have not received AOR (sometimes for a reason as simple as not checking their junk mail)

Canada is an amazing country to live in, and this process is well worth it.
Thanks for the advice, but there seems to be something that you are not seeing here:

People got variety of reasons and almost always more than one, to change their country they live in. However this was not the main reason I decided to answer to your posts.
I'd like to say that "Canada is an amazing country to live in" for you, it may also be your dream country, and sure we are all trying hard and spending lots of time, money and energy to get there. But sometimes all this efforts and costs plus our current problems (whatever they are) make us to unintentionally ignore the truth. No country, political or economical system can be ideal. And CIC system is also one of them!
I am looking at my long time experience with CIC for different applications I had and also from the experience of many friends on a couple of forums plus this one.
If I get angry with the CIC's bureaucracy flaws or some cumbersome rules, it is not because I am too spoiled to wait for a couple of month more or too unfamiliar with technology to check my spams, it is simply because I have seen lives (including mine) affected by things which could be corrected in the system.
Sorry if the post is too long but I got to tell you that in my opinion making an idol out of anything just makes us to be more frustrated than we should when coming along any small flaw. Hope you never experience this after you move to Canada.

I only typed my opinion here. Good luck to you all.:)

shah87

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Thanks for the advice, but there seems to be something that you are not seeing here:

People got variety of reasons and almost always more than one, to change their country they live in. However this was not the main reason I decided to answer to your posts.
I'd like to say that "Canada is an amazing country to live in" for you, it may also be your dream country, and sure we are all trying hard and spending lots of time, money and energy to get there. But sometimes all this efforts and costs plus our current problems (whatever they are) make us to unintentionally ignore the truth. No country, political or economical system can be ideal. And CIC system is also one of them!
I am looking at my long time experience with CIC for different applications I had and also from the experience of many friends on a couple of forums plus this one.
If I get angry with the CIC's bureaucracy flaws or some cumbersome rules, it is not because I am too spoiled to wait for a couple of month more or too unfamiliar with technology to check my spams, it is simply because I have seen lives (including mine) affected by things which could be corrected in the system.
Sorry if the post is too long but I got to tell you that in my opinion making an idol out of anything just makes us to be more frustrated than we should when coming along any small flaw. Hope you never experience this after you move to Canada.

I only typed my opinion here. Good luck to you all.:)
I agree- nothing, no one, no place is perfect. There's always room for improvement. The toll this long winded process can have on a relationship can't be explained- and really each one here experiences & deals with it in their own way.

But let's be positive & hopeful for a better future - that's the end goal. To be better than we are today! That's the only thing that keeps me going at least :)

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
I also called IRCC last Thursday September 20th, 2018 and they told me they have my file in the system but nobody looked at it yet. My application was received on July 9th. She also told me they are working on applications received on July 24th. Not adding up at all. Not sure what Sydney office is upto.

Reactions: Daxdaxbaby