+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some clarification or suggestions regarding application. My husband(who currently resides in Trinidad) recieved an email request for an updated Schedule A form and Medical (which has been submitted) but we haven't received any updates since. Our last correspondence with IRCC was on February 15 when they sent an email saying that we were now able to receive free pre-arrival services. Our updated schedule A was sent via courier and was received February 28(confirmed via tracking number).

I'm confused on where I am on this process because there have been no messages indicating whether our background checks or anything has been passed. Our gckey account has no messages regarding where we are in the process.

My timeline is as follows:
Outland sponsorship submitted: July 25 2018
Acknowledgment of receipt: November 15 2018
Approval of sponsorship: November 21 2018
Transfer to Mexico for processing: January 17 2019
Medical and updated schedule A request: February 11,2019
Pre-arrival services availability letter: February 15 2019
Medical completed: February 20 2019
Updated schedule A in Mexico consulate: February 28

Nothing since. Hopefully there is someone who has been experiencing this or may have some knowledge on the process :(

Thanks so much everyone!
Don’t worry. It’s looks everything good. Wait for DM and PPR. May be another 1 or 2 months.

Reactions: schweisy and ds88

ds88

Mar 5, 2019
My application is also at VO Mexico, they started processing my BGC in January 18, since then no news, hope to get something soon.
What country are you applying from? Was your application received in July also? My wife and I are in Ecuador, no kids, i'm just sponsoring her. Mexico VO started processing her application FEB 12th 2019

ds88

Mar 5, 2019
Don’t worry. It’s looks everything good. Wait for DM and PPR. May be another 1 or 2 months.
Our Application is in mexico Visa office also, everything seems to be going according to schedule. Wait and Wait more- they are likely processing your application now,

ds88

Mar 5, 2019
In regard to linking an application to an online account; if I'm still unable to do so, (I've tried countless times over the last few months), will they just continue to send us all of our updates by email?
It took me a while to link the application also, everything has to be exact, number of applicants must include sponsor and principle applicant.

starmex

Jun 7, 2018
What country are you applying from? Was your application received in July also? My wife and I are in Ecuador, no kids, i'm just sponsoring her. Mexico VO started processing her application FEB 12th 2019

I’m in Mexico and my application was received in July 16. They started processing on November 20, we have one kid.

Reactions: ds88

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
If VO started BGC then NO interview; good news
Hello everyone,
New update on My Aplication , July 5 timeline.
Medical pass
Interview not needed
Biometric not needed
Processing your background check

Today the new update is that The officer is review my Aplication. I need some clarification to the new update of review after processing background check or the review is part of the background check?

I need clarification please Guys .

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello everyone,
New update on My Aplication , July 5 timeline.
Medical pass
Interview not needed
Biometric not needed
Processing your background check

Today the new update is that The officer is review my Aplication. I need some clarification to the new update of review after processing background check or the review is part of the background check?

I need clarification please Guys .
You wrote, ".............The officer is review my Aplication" How did you know? Any separate letter or a line stating this? Where in GCkeys or ECAS? Or did you read GCMS notes?

Reactions: bago4c

UJ Mirza

Mar 19, 2019
Hi Guys,

My Spouse submitted an application on 6th June 2018 but I did not get any AOR from them, Very next month I got an email from CIC to get my medical test and I gave medical exam on 2nd Aug 2018 but still I did not get any update about the medical exam either its cleared or not. Online status shows :

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on November 2, 2018.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on July 20, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Why I am not getting the updates from CIC My status is same since Nov-2018. In my view medical is the last stage and after that they have to declare the decision (Correct me If I am wrong).

Can any one help me on this ? Still confused whats happening ?

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

My Spouse submitted an application on 6th June 2018 but I did not get any AOR from them, Very next month I got an email from CIC to get my medical test and I gave medical exam on 2nd Aug 2018 but still I did not get any update about the medical exam either its cleared or not. Online status shows :

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on November 2, 2018.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on July 20, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Why I am not getting the updates from CIC My status is same since Nov-2018. In my view medical is the last stage and after that they have to declare the decision (Correct me If I am wrong).

Can any one help me on this ? Still confused whats happening ?
After medical, PA's background will be started. It takes anywhere from 1 moth to 5 months. My husband's background has not started. it has been 3.5 months since his medical.

Janalee

Nov 22, 2018
Final timeline! I (the sponsor) am a US citizen and Canadian PR in Nova Scotia, PA is a UK citizen.
Application Received in Sydney---- July 30, 2018
AOR--- November 21, 2018
SA--- November 21, 2018
Med Request--- November 29, 2018 (completed in London on Dec 6)
File transferred to Mississauga--- Dec 6, 2018
Med Passed--- Decemember 27, 2018
Additional proof of relationship request and request to pay ROPR--- January 25, 2019
BCIP--- Feb 16, 2019
PPR--- Feb 16, 2019
COPR—- March 20, 2019
Landing will be done in Halifax on May 2 and the official move will be done in August! Good luck everyone!

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Final timeline! I (the sponsor) am a US citizen and Canadian PR in Nova Scotia, PA is a UK citizen.
Application Received in Sydney---- July 30, 2018
AOR--- November 21, 2018
SA--- November 21, 2018
Med Request--- November 29, 2018 (completed in London on Dec 6)
File transferred to Mississauga--- Dec 6, 2018
Med Passed--- Decemember 27, 2018
Additional proof of relationship request and request to pay ROPR--- January 25, 2019
BCIP--- Feb 16, 2019
PPR--- Feb 16, 2019
COPR—- March 20, 2019
Landing will be done in Halifax on May 2 and the official move will be done in August! Good luck everyone!
Congratulations

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
PPR (Passport Request) is the letter you get just before your application is approved. It's the request for the submission of Principal Applicant's passport/copy of passport (if PA is from a visa exempt country) for visa stamping. Once your application is approved, you get your passport back stamped with a one-entry visa and COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). COPR is the letter that comes with your passport as it is returned to you stating that you've been approved as a PR. You'll also get an instruction on how to proceed with your landing process. Landing process: Your visa qualifies you to travel to Canada, but you will need to present your COPR to an immigration officer at your first port of entry (airport/seaport or land border) to Canada for documentation and mini interview before you can become a Permanent Resident officially. Once your landing process is complete, your PR card will be mailed to your Canadian address within 2-4 months of your arrival. I hope this helps.
Thank you so much for these infos.
!!! PPR 19th march 2019 !!!
Was just looking for informations on what should happen next.
I presume that the applicant must present him/herself to a boarding officer at the landing ??? Or be helped by one of those very friendly agent waiting at the beginning of the waiting lines ... Do you have some more good infos about this part ???

Reactions: jaz13 and maxowen

Shaibi

Nov 14, 2018
Any July applicants in London VO received any updates??
July 23 applicant
File transferred to LVO on Jan 4th and silence ever since.
Im the sponsor and Im pregnant(due in May) and its really hard keeping myself sane nowadays. With everything Ive heard about LVO i have no hopes hearing from them anytime soon.