+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Wnasir9

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Do they update ECAS when the background check starts?
My wife's medical was back on the 17th of December 2018 and passed.
Ever since then, it's been silent.

Eelhsa

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Ohio, United States of America
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
03/07/2018
Doc's Request.
31/10/2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05/11/2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15/03/2019
Med's Request
08/03/2019
Med's Done....
26/03/2019
In regard to linking an application to an online account; if I'm still unable to do so, (I've tried countless times over the last few months), will they just continue to send us all of our updates by email?

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Do they update ECAS when the background check starts?
My wife's medical was back on the 17th of December 2018 and passed.
Ever since then, it's been silent.
No, they don't! If you're using a lawyer and don't have access to GCKey, you can call their call center and follow the voice prompt for "permanent resident applications" to listen to the status of your application. Don't talk to an agent--you won't get any information.

Wnasir9

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
No, they don't! If you're using a lawyer and don't have access to GCKey, you can call their call center and follow the voice prompt for "permanent resident applications" to listen to the status of your application. Don't talk to an agent--you won't get any information.
Thanks! - Yes, I have a lawyer taking care of everything. Hopefully it doesn't go over a year.

Reactions: bago4c

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Good day everyone,
I just get an update on my application now that they are busy process my background check .. my timeline is July 5th 2018 ...
They told me I don’t need interview, and fingerprints is not needed..
I need clarification, what is next now after the background check and how long ?

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Good day everyone,
I just get an update on my application now that they are busy process my background check .. my timeline is July 5th 2018 ...
I need clarification, what is next now after the background check and how long ?
If you haven't already, the next thing is to receive a pre-arrival message and then passport request. The background check can take anything from a couple of hours to up to 3 months to process, depending on the complexity of your case and/or the Visa office in question. The good thing though, is that you're almost done.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
In regard to linking an application to an online account; if I'm still unable to do so, (I've tried countless times over the last few months), will they just continue to send us all of our updates by email?
I believe so, especially if you've provided your email in the application you submitted.

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
If you haven't already, the next thing is to receive a pre-arrival message and then passport request. The background check can take anything from a couple of hours to up to 3 months to process, depending on the complexity of your case and/or the Visa office in question. The good thing though, is that you're almost done.
Thanks for your reply , my Visa office is South Africa ...
I hope I will get the pre-arrival message soon , and PPR . Will it be send to me or my lawyer?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Good day everyone,
If VO started BGC then NO interview; good news

maxowen

Mar 6, 2019
Good day everyone,
Im July 09 2018, your timeline same me, next step is PA them PPR, my case over 02 weeks passed, i think it depend on your VO, no worry, just wait

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Im July 09 2018, your timeline same me, next step is PA them PPR, my case over 02 weeks passed, i think it depend on your VO, no worry, just wait
Thanks a lot , I pass the medical last month , and the last update is interview not needed, fingerprints not needed.. we processing your background check.. I hope to get PA and PPR soon . My VO is South Africa Pretoria.

Reactions: maxowen

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Sydney NS Canada received out Application July 13th 2018 from Ecuador. February 12th the Visa Office in Mexico started processing our Application, I think a couple more weeks and we should here something about pre arrival? Any one else here have their Application sent to the Visa Office in Mexico?
A couple of weeks. That's highly optimistic. For ours, the AOR from Mexico City was Feb.28/2019. The AOR from Sydney was Aug.2/2018. Still to come as per Application Status page are: a) review of elgibility b) background check c) final decision. I doubt that it'll be finished before June or July as the office in Mexico City is understaffed and overwhelmed.

JenenePersad

Oct 19, 2018
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
App. Filed.......
25-07-2018
AOR Received.
15-11-2018
File Transfer...
06-02-2019
Med's Request
11-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
08-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2019
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some clarification or suggestions regarding application. My husband(who currently resides in Trinidad) recieved an email request for an updated Schedule A form and Medical (which has been submitted) but we haven't received any updates since. Our last correspondence with IRCC was on February 15 when they sent an email saying that we were now able to receive free pre-arrival services. Our updated schedule A was sent via courier and was received February 28(confirmed via tracking number).

I'm confused on where I am on this process because there have been no messages indicating whether our background checks or anything has been passed. Our gckey account has no messages regarding where we are in the process.

My timeline is as follows:
Outland sponsorship submitted: July 25 2018
Acknowledgment of receipt: November 15 2018
Approval of sponsorship: November 21 2018
Transfer to Mexico for processing: January 17 2019
Medical and updated schedule A request: February 11,2019
Pre-arrival services availability letter: February 15 2019
Medical completed: February 20 2019
Updated schedule A in Mexico consulate: February 28

Nothing since. Hopefully there is someone who has been experiencing this or may have some knowledge on the process :(

Thanks so much everyone!

starmex

Jun 7, 2018
Sydney NS Canada received out Application July 13th 2018 from Ecuador. February 12th the Visa Office in Mexico started processing our Application, I think a couple more weeks and we should here something about pre arrival? Any one else here have their Application sent to the Visa Office in Mexico?

My application is also at VO Mexico, they started processing my BGC in January 18, since then no news, hope to get something soon.

Reactions: ds88