+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

kylfjones

Oct 23, 2018
I also got my medical request today.
Application sent: July 17th

Application received: July 23rd

AOR: August 21st

OWP approved: October 2nd (received about a week later, most likely the 8th)

Medical exam requested: October 23rd

Reactions: Jady

Jady

Oct 16, 2018
Anyone knows about leaving Canada for travel and coming back when IRCC is processing my application?

The facts:
I am married, taking inland sponsorship with my husband.
I have OWP original letter/ valid eTA with me.
I plan to travel to the States, no longer than a week.

I think I saw or read something about CIC does not recommend ppl to leave canada while their applications being processed, but I can't find that page clearly saying it. Where does it say so? I just wanna have a short travel.

According to CIC homepage, I think i could go for a short trip. But is there anyone knows about this? (Link below)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

Thx. Wish everyone luck.

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Anyone knows about leaving Canada for travel and coming back when IRCC is processing my application?

The facts:
I am married, taking inland sponsorship with my husband.
I have OWP original letter/ valid eTA with me.
I plan to travel to the States, no longer than a week.

I think I saw or read something about CIC does not recommend ppl to leave canada while their applications being processed, but I can't find that page clearly saying it. Where does it say so? I just wanna have a short travel.

According to CIC homepage, I think i could go for a short trip. But is there anyone knows about this? (Link below)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

Thx. Wish everyone luck.
The recommendation is there, because if you are refused entry for any reason, your application is regarded as abandoned and you have yo start over.

Taking short trips shouldn't be an issue, but there is risk. Low risk, but still some.

For the record, I intend to travel out of the country for vacation while on my OWP and waiting for my PR. I deem the reward greater than risk.

Rahel1986

Jun 15, 2018
Hello

Still waiting for the OWP :(

Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
June 29 2018
- Application sent.(Police check certificated and Schedule A submitted upfront)
July 03 2018 - Application delivered to Processing Centre.
August 09 2018 - AOR 1
August 20 2018 Request for CSQ and undertaking application
August 27 2018 CSQ and undertaking application sent
August 28 2018 CSQ and undertaking application received by MIDI

Jady

Oct 16, 2018
The recommendation is there, because if you are refused entry for any reason, your application is regarded as abandoned and you have yo start over.

Taking short trips shouldn't be an issue, but there is risk. Low risk, but still some.

For the record, I intend to travel out of the country for vacation while on my OWP and waiting for my PR. I deem the reward greater than risk.

Thx for ur reply!

If the 'refused entry' is caused by serious crimes or whatever, they don't apply for my situation.. that was the reason I wanted to ask to many people.

Welcome for anyone else, with their own experiences please!

Thx again.

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Thx for ur reply!

If the 'refused entry' is caused by serious crimes or whatever, they don't apply for my situation.. that was the reason I wanted to ask to many people.

Welcome for anyone else, with their own experiences please!

Thx again.
Sometimes they can refuse entry, just if they decide they want to. That is obviously rare, but refusal doesnt have to be because of crimes or anything. Sovereign countries can deny whoever they like entry, for any reason they like. Only citizens and permanent residents are assured entry.

Again, rare, but not impossible.

Jady

Oct 16, 2018
Sometimes they can refuse entry, just if they decide they want to. That is obviously rare, but refusal doesnt have to be because of crimes or anything. Sovereign countries can deny whoever they like entry, for any reason they like. Only citizens and permanent residents are assured entry.

Again, rare, but not impossible.

Thank you EJH again.

That part is just totally on my luck then. I will look more thoroughly.

Reactions: EJH

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
I just received my medical exam request today. I feel like this is fairly early (I wasn't expecting it til December, based on other people's timelines).

Anyone else get a med request?

Application received in Mississauga July 3rd

AOR 1 August 9

Linked PR application August 23

Linked OWP application August 24

OWP approved September 25

OWP received October 1

Medical Exam Requested October 23
Congrats! Quick question, did you enter Canada as a Tourist? Then applied for Spousal Sponsorship and OWP?

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
I also got my medical request today.
Application sent: July 17th

Application received: July 23rd

AOR: August 21st

OWP approved: October 2nd (received about a week later, most likely the 8th)

Medical exam requested: October 23rd

Congrats! Quick question, did you enter Canada as a Tourist? Then applied for Spousal Sponsorship and OWP?

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
I got medical request today

Inland - PR and OWP
Application sent - July 7th
Received - July 9th
AOR - Aug 11th
OWP - Approved - Oct 3rd
Medicals - Oct 23rd

Reactions: Deh_avilla

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hello July Inlanders! We are September applicants and silent followers of your thread. We consider you guys like our big brothers and sisters who've been together through 2 more months of agony and ecstasy than us the September applicants. We already received our AORs, linked our PR and OWP applications on MyCIC, and our current status shows "Submitted". So for those who received their OWPs, we want to congratulate you and ask you the following 2 questions:
  1. How long did it take you to get your OWPs from the date you submitted your applications and received your AORs?
  2. Did you get an email notification when your OWPs were approved? Or shall we keep checking it manually?

Reactions: Deh_avilla

US-CAN_Love

Oct 12, 2018
Barsarah: We don't have OWP yet, but here's my understanding from following the threads on here:

1. The CIC estimates 4 months. Someone else posted a more recent update that suggested the current wait time for OWP is 111 days. From what I've read, the methodology for CIC estimates is not known. My sense is that it isn't an average, nor a maximum (some people seem to get OWP later). My best guess is that it means that somewhere around 75% of applicants will have received their OWP by that date. Assuming there is a distribution that is somewhat normal (or likely a poisson distribution), this means that some minority of applicants receive their OWP quite early (2.5-3 months), and some quite late (4.5 months and beyond). Because the majority of applicants on this board and others report when they got OWP, there is a selection bias, and we are likely to overestimate the proportion of applicants who have received OWP 'early'. To put things in context, I remember reading somewhere that there are in the range of 60-55 thousand applicants for family reunification (granted only a portion are inland, and another portion for OWP, but likely a few thousand applicants a month).

Fretting about not receiving OWP before the 4 month deadline is largely an exercise in exerting anxiety. Some people even call CIC because they haven't received their OWP early, tying up the phone lines, using CIC resources and making it more difficult for people with actual problems to reach CIC. Some people get lucky and get their OWP early, most of us are not.

2. No. From what I've read, linking OWP online is largely about reassurance: Knowing that CIC received your application. Other than that, my understanding if that they will not send letters, or notifications for this application online. When they start and finish processing your application, it will change status online, but you need the actual paper document for OWP. At best, it signals that your OWP will arrive in the mail around a week later.

Hello July Inlanders! We are September applicants and silent followers of your thread. We consider you guys like our big brothers and sisters who've been together through 2 more months of agony and ecstasy than us the September applicants. We already received our AORs, linked our PR and OWP applications on MyCIC, and our current status shows "Submitted". So for those who received their OWPs, we want to congratulate you and ask you the following 2 questions:
  1. How long did it take you to get your OWPs from the date you submitted your applications and received your AORs?
  2. Did you get an email notification when your OWPs were approved? Or shall we keep checking it manually?

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Medical request received today! Appointment for Friday morning. They are really burning through a few of us. I feel bad for those that still don't have their OWP.

Seems they need some help with streamlining the process for large intake.

Timeline in signature.

Reactions: Yogeshs

ajai6644

May 29, 2017
App. Filed.......
19-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-08-2018
Inland - PR and OWP
Application sent - July 18th
Received - July 19th
OWP Received - July 12th (After linking to CIC)
AOR - Aug 18th
OWP - Approved - Oct 24th

Reactions: Yogeshs