+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Byezybaybay

Sep 14, 2018
I think you need to wait for the physical document. After that you will apply for your SIN number which you will give to your employer. Also, when your owp application was received in july?
Thank you!
Hopefully it comes this week then!
Timeline was
App sent: 13th May
App received: 15th May
AOR: 27th june
They sent back the work permit for not full payment, but I resent as soon as I got it back on July 19th

Reactions: Yogeshs

Baebline

Jan 16, 2018
Hey everyone, just got my work permit approved finally (had to send it back in after not paying the full amount), this may be a stupid question but is the email good enough for me to start working, or do I need to wait for the actual document via mail? TIA!
You can start applying for jobs but you'll have to wait until you get the permit in the mail in order for anyone to actually hire you since you need to have a SIN generated. So once you get it in the mail, you have to go to Service Canada with the permit and your passport in order to get one. After that, you should be all set to work.

sanko

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
I have one question:

I will have a business trip to the US with my company for maybe a week or two. Would this impact the PR application in any way?

I’m the PA with already approved OWP (waiting to get the actual permit in the mail, but am currently holding an older valid OWP) and would be traveling by air. Have a valid eTa from a visa-exempt country.

Thank you.

UKTNR

Sep 4, 2017
Hello,
I need some help. I send in the inland spousal application but without Open Work permit. Long story short we ended up separately applying for the OWP about a month later to the address below:
"CPC Vegreville, Permanent Residence Applications, 6212-55th Avenue, Vegreville, AB, T9C 1W3"

We received AOR for the inland spousal application. Details below
  • We received your application to sponsor "xxxx" on July 6, 2018.
  • We started processing your application on August 10, 2018
But no response for OWP at all. I double checked about a month later and noticed the address changed (not sure when..) to the following:
"Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, c/o Work permits for spouses or common-law partners, Station 777, 9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55, Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3"

So I resend my application to that address about two weeks and they received it on Oct 12, 2018 (Per tracking information).
Not sure if my last application just never went through. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Adam1009
Aug 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Anyone here whose application is received on July 20 waiting for OWP? Observed a faster processing timelines and stopped all of a sudden until July 13.

Here is my timeline:
Application Received: BOTH PR & OWP July 20
AOR: August 19
OWP: ????

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
Anyone here whose application is received on July 20 waiting for OWP? Observed a faster processing timelines and stopped all of a sudden until July 13.

Here is my timeline:
Honestly feel like we were skipped. Received July 17th, AOR on August 17th, no OWP. A lot who submitted late July already got their OWP. :(

ajai6644

May 29, 2017
App. Filed.......
19-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-08-2018

Here is my timeline:
Yes, i think we got skipped.

Here is my timeline:
Application Received: BOTH PR & OWP - July 19
OWP shows - 12th July
AOR - August 18
OWP - Still Waiting

Dev1327

Oct 22, 2018
Hello,
I submitted my husband application on July 6 for souse sponsorship. I am Canadian citizen. They received my application package on July 9th but didn’t received AOR number.
I want to know how long it will take to receive AOR number.

Amyroy

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello,
I submitted my husband application on July 6 for souse sponsorship. I am Canadian citizen. They received my application package on July 9th but didn’t received AOR number.
It takes a month

LariBoo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hello,
call CIC - its unusual

Jady

Oct 16, 2018
Hello,
Just try to link ur application to ur account. I didn't get AOR number via email but I could link it. That is how I checked my application status.

Reactions: Adam1009

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
I just received my medical exam request today. I feel like this is fairly early (I wasn't expecting it til December, based on other people's timelines).

Anyone else get a med request?

Application received in Mississauga July 3rd

AOR 1 August 9

Linked PR application August 23

Linked OWP application August 24

OWP approved September 25

OWP received October 1

Medical Exam Requested October 23