+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

sanko

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Congrats! We check everyday but really no updates yet. We got skipped, apparently as I've seen 3 apps now after July 17th that got approved before us. :(
I’ve decided not to check often because it just becomes paranoia. If you’re still under the estimated times — regardless of other people’s applications — you shouldn’t worry too much.

sanko

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Did you also enter as a Tourist? Thanks!
No. Student > PGWP > Spousal Application.

I really don’t know if it actually helps, but I’ve been working on really good jobs for almost 2 years in Canada. It might show them that I’m already benefiting the country, which is what they want at the end of the day.

sanko

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Hello - a quick question for those receiving their OWPs... did you get Sponsor approval FIRST or OWP first?

I'm an August applicant and have my AOR but wondering if I should be expecting my sponsor's approval next or my OWP next? Does OWP depend on sponsors approval? Thanks
We got the OWP first. Haven’t gotten Sponsor’s Approval yet.

Baebline

Jan 16, 2018
Hello - a quick question for those receiving their OWPs... did you get Sponsor approval FIRST or OWP first?

I'm an August applicant and have my AOR but wondering if I should be expecting my sponsor's approval next or my OWP next? Does OWP depend on sponsors approval? Thanks
The OWP is handled completely separate from the PR application after they receive it.

The next thing you should be hearing about is the OWP.

Sponsor Approval doesn't come for a while, it's closer to the end of the process.

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
hey guys,I need help. OWP received on July 13. I having been checking and all it says it submitted.
This morning I opened on my phone and under current status,s it says Application/profile updated. does it mean they are reviewing it? Any help will be appreciated.

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
hey guys,I need help. OWP received on July 13. I having been checking and all it says it submitted.
This morning I opened on my phone and under current status,s it says Application/profile updated. does it mean they are reviewing it? Any help will be appreciated.
This means you are very close to having it approved. Mine did the same thing. Took another few hours, then approved.

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
Just checked OWP processing times and it went from 97 days to 111 days :(
So, whoever applied 3 months ago or so it might take a bit longet than it was taking a few couple weekends before. Good luck to all of us. My owp was sent on July 27

Reactions: Deh_avilla

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
I applied on paper separate from my PR Application. My Pr application was received on May 24. And did medicals on oct 11. With OWP, it was submitted after I received AOR on July 5(Lawyer’s decision) so it was received on July 13

Byezybaybay

Sep 14, 2018
Hey everyone, just got my work permit approved finally (had to send it back in after not paying the full amount), this may be a stupid question but is the email good enough for me to start working, or do I need to wait for the actual document via mail? TIA!

Yogeshs

Oct 9, 2018
Hey everyone, just got my work permit approved finally (had to send it back in after not paying the full amount), this may be a stupid question but is the email good enough for me to start working, or do I need to wait for the actual document via mail? TIA!
I think you need to wait for the physical document. After that you will apply for your SIN number which you will give to your employer. Also, when your owp application was received in july?

Reactions: Jady