+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
15 months have passed since CIC received my application, still no test invite! :(:(:(
Same here. My application received by them on July 10, 2018. Have called them thrice. Every time same answer:” No problem with ur file. In queue for test at Scarborough office which is very busy”.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Finally, after more than 15 months of waiting, my test invitation has arrived.
:):):)
Excellent, Juan! Are you also in the Scarborough office? They received my app at the end of July 2018, started processing mid-Oct 2018, so hopefully I'm just a little bit behind you in the queue!

Reactions: JuanDC

ta0505

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Hi Guys,

If someone has already attended oath ceremony can you please share how much time it takes for the complete ceremony. My office is Scarborough.

Thanks

JuanDC

Feb 17, 2013
Excellent, Juan! Are you also in the Scarborough office? They received my app at the end of July 2018, started processing mid-Oct 2018, so hopefully I'm just a little bit behind you in the queue!
My application is in Mississauga office. Hopefully, you will receive your invitation soon.

Reactions: neuroticdan

Diego k

Nov 18, 2013
I passed my test today!
Line 125

This is my timeline:
App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1325
App Sent: Jul 18, 2018
App Recd: Expected Jul 31, 2018
AOR: Oct 18, 2018
In Process: Nov 23, 2018
Finger Print Request: Dec 12, 2018
Test Invite: Sept 25, 2019.
Test Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Ceremony Date: October 25th

Last edited:

svirac

Oct 17, 2018
My journey is complete! Took my oath and received my certificate yesterday.

Please update me in the spreadsheet - line 93

id: svirac
App.Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence Days: 1598
App Sent: July 4, 2018
App Recd: July 6, 2018
AOR: Sept 12, 2018
In Process: Sept 24, 2018
Test Invite: Aug 23, 2019
Test date: Sept 19, 2019
Decision Made ECAS: Sept 20, 2019
Oath Letter Date: Oct 10, 2019
Oath Ceremony: Oct 29, 2019

Reactions: GraceCan

rahuul.chawla

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
  1. 16 + months still no test date at Scarborough office - I literally feel like crying as I have never felt so helpless. I feel I am the only one left in TORONTO from july who hasn't got his test date. Anyone else in my situation? I called the call centre and contacted the mp and got this response
The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on July 3, 2018.

• The criminality verifications are currently valid.

• The security verifications are currently valid.

• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.

• As per notes on file dating from September 5, 2019, further verifications are needed. As such the regular processing times does not apply;

Here is my timeline online :
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 4, 2018.
  4. We sent you a letter on September 4, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 26, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
  1. 16 + months still no test date at Scarborough office - I literally feel like crying as I have never felt so helpless. I feel I am the only one left in TORONTO from july who hasn't got his test date. Anyone else in my situation? I called the call centre and contacted the mp and got this response
The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on July 3, 2018.

• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.

• As per notes on file dating from September 5, 2019, further verifications are needed. As such the regular processing times does not apply;

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 29, 2018.
  4. We sent you a letter on September 4, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on March 26, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
Your frustration is understandable, Rahul.
But you’re not alone. My application with them Since July 10, 2018.
Have called them thrice since July 2019 & every time same reply:
‘ In queue for test at Scarborough which is a very busy office ‘.
In my case it’s a family application of 4 and only my wife has to write the test but still in so called ‘queue ‘ for last many months with even, as per them, no notes on the file.
Try to relax as nothing else that we can do!!!

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON

What were two correspondence after the AOR?

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Your frustration is understandable, Rahul.
But you’re not alone. My application with them Since July 10, 2018.
Have called them thrice since July 2019 & every time same reply:
‘ In queue for test at Scarborough which is a very busy office ‘.
In my case it’s a family application of 4 and only my wife has to write the test but still in so called ‘queue ‘ for last many months with even, as per them, no notes on the file.
Try to relax as nothing else that we can do!!!
On a similar boat here. They received my app at the end of July 2018, started processing at the end of October 2018. No news since. I've called a few times and my MP did too. My MP got a reply very similar to Rahuul's.