+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
On a similar boat here. They received my app at the end of July 2018, started processing at the end of October 2018. No news since. I've called a few times and my MP did too. My MP got a reply very similar to Rahuul's.
Called them again today. The agent wasn’t helpful at all. Her k
On a similar boat here. They received my app at the end of July 2018, started processing at the end of October 2018. No news since. I've called a few times and my MP did too. My MP got a reply very similar to Rahuul's.
So now we are at least three of us on same boat.
Called them again today. The agent wasn’t helpful at all. Her Kurt reply was as below:
1- Your file is in queue for test at a busy office, Scarborough.
2- we don’t know how much more time it may take.
3- Right now we can’t send any reminder to the local office.
4- We can’t tell when we will deem it ok to send them a reminder.
5- Wait, they will contact u at ur turn.

With the chilly response my query for the day came to an end.

Best of luck to all three of us!!!

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Accepted Jan 16 landing End of May! :)
I got mine this month. Does anyone knows of a good place to take test questions online? Most of them are paid services. I also filed mine in July last year and let someone else handle my paper work.

Canville

Jul 3, 2019
Toronto
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 9, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. (Fingerprints)
Unfortunately that's where the updates ends. I called in to find out what's up. The told me fingerprints were received t days after I just need to wait for a test invite.

It's now November 6 I have yet to get anything.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Called them again today. The agent wasn’t helpful at all. Her k

So now we are at least three of us on same boat.
Called them again today. The agent wasn’t helpful at all. Her Kurt reply was as below:
1- Your file is in queue for test at a busy office, Scarborough.
2- we don’t know how much more time it may take.
3- Right now we can’t send any reminder to the local office.
4- We can’t tell when we will deem it ok to send them a reminder.
5- Wait, they will contact u at ur turn.

With the chilly response my query for the day came to an end.

Best of luck to all three of us!!!
Thanks, I'll post as soon as I hear from them.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
Finally, I received my test invitation Friday.
I called them three times during this week and resubmitted the web form on Monday. Not sure what worked but would suggest sending web form again.
I have two kids below 18 and curiously the mail doesn’t mention them. Is it ok?
Can anyone guide how they go about kids under 18?
Best of luck to those still waiting. Hopefully they too will hear the good news soon.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
I called them three times during this week and resubmitted the web form on Monday. Not sure what worked but would suggest sending web form again.
Best of luck to those still waiting. Hopefully they too will hear the good news soon.
Congrats, Saga! When's your test? You're in the Scarborough office too, correct? I think our timelines align pretty much to the dot: App received in July and started processing in Oct. So I hope I'll hear from them soon too. Sorry, no kids here, so no idea about that!

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Congrats, Saga! When's your test? You're in the Scarborough office too, correct? I think our timelines align pretty much to the dot: App received in July and started processing in Oct. So I hope I'll hear from them soon too. Sorry, no kids here, so no idea about that!
Kids under 18 do not need to take test. May be that’s why they weren’t mentioned in the mail.

JuanDC

Feb 17, 2013
I just had my citizenship test in Mississauga office today. I passed the test with 20/20 score. The test isn’t that hard if you read Discover Canada and take a few practice tests online. There were no names and dates on the test. After the test, you will be called one by one for the interview which only lasted for about 5 minutes. The interviewer just looked at my passports and ask me simple questions about my application. There were two rooms, one for the test and the other one is for oath-taking. Good luck to those who will be taking their tests soon.

Reactions: neuroticdan

rahuul.chawla

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Any latest updates for July 2018 applications...does anyone know the Address for Scarborough Test exam office? I live in Downtown Toronto and planning go and meet their staff to see what's going with my application as I have had enough boring replies from Call centre agents and Mp's office? My app received 3rd july 2018 and latest update is I have cleared security and general verification...fingerprints verified on 15th April 2019.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
Thanks, My test is on Nov 23 at Scarborough office.