+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

Daniel CAN

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Hey wait. If u did not go back to turkey after becoming PR and provided a PR from.turkey for ur PR application u do not need to provide police certificate for citizenship.

Below is excerpt from.instruction guide

"You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b."
I don't think the example you cited is applicable to Hattoba's case because in the example your cited, this applicant only lived in France for one year (365 days) and then became a permanent resident. 3 years after this applicant became PR, he/she applied for citizenship. Therefore, within a total of 4 years specified period of time in the instruction, this applicant provided a police certificate which covers the 1 year when he/she lived in France. This is also based upon the assumption that this applicant obtained the police certificate just one year before he/she became PR.

In Hattoba's case, she (I assume, sorry and correct me if I am wrong) lived in Turkey for 1.5 years before becoming PR in July, 2015. I assumed that Hottoba obtained the police certificate from Turkey 1.5 years before she became the PR. 3 years later, on July 25, 2018, she applied to citizenship. Therefore, between the time Hattoba obtained her police certificate from Turkey for the immigration and the time she applied for citizenship, it is 1.5+3=4.5 years. It is beyond the 4 years period of time specified in the instruction. The only reason that I can think of that Hattoba didn't get the request to submit a police certificate from Turkey when she applied for citizenship is that Hattoba's police certificate from Turkey when she applied for immigration is within the range of 4 years which means although she lived in Turkey for 1.5 years before becoming a Canadian PR, she submitted her immigration application with the police certificate from Turkey within the last one year (365 days) and obtained her PR status within that year.

This is my second thought on Hattoba's case. Anyway, I think it is still safer to have one rather than waiting to be requested to submit one which for sure causes more delay.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I don't think the example you cited is applicable to Hattoba's case because in the example your cited, this applicant only lived in France for one year (365 days) and then became a permanent resident. 3 years after this applicant became PR, he/she applied for citizenship. Therefore, within a total of 4 years specified period of time in the instruction, this applicant provided a police certificate which covers the 1 year when he/she lived in France. This is also based upon the assumption that this applicant obtained the police certificate just one year before he/she became PR.

In Hattoba's case, she (I assume, sorry and correct me if I am wrong) lived in Turkey for 1.5 years before becoming PR in July, 2015. I assumed that Hottoba obtained the police certificate from Turkey 1.5 years before she became the PR. 3 years later, on July 25, 2018, she applied to citizenship. Therefore, between the time Hattoba obtained her police certificate from Turkey for the immigration and the time she applied for citizenship, it is 1.5+3=4.5 years. It is beyond the 4 years period of time specified in the instruction. The only reason that I can think of that Hattoba didn't get the request to submit a police certificate from Turkey when she applied for citizenship is that Hattoba's police certificate from Turkey when she applied for immigration is within the range of 4 years which means although she lived in Turkey for 1.5 years before becoming a Canadian PR, she submitted her immigration application with the police certificate from Turkey within the last one year (365 days) and obtained her PR status within that year.

This is my second thought on Hattoba's case. Anyway, I think it is still safer to have one rather than waiting to be requested to submit one which for sure causes more delay.
Lol so correct me how many years he lived in turkey in last 4 years from.July 2018? If u include 1.5 years in 4 years that means the person applied 2.5 years after becoming PR. That puts his presence days in question

TiagoTiago

Jan 20, 2019
Hi please add my timeline to the July spreadsheet

I am based in downtown Toronto, single application.
  1. application posted May 28, 2018
  2. application received July 23, 2018
  3. acknowledge receipt September 25, 2018
  4. started processing October 2, 2018
  5. fingerprint request November 9, 2018
  6. test invite June 28, 2019
  7. test date July 29, 2019 (CIC Mississauga)
It's been a long wait since I started the entire process back in April 2014.

Thanks
James

Last edited:

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi please add my timeline to the July spreadsheet

I am based in downtown Toronto
  1. application posted May 28, 2018
  2. application received July 23, 2018
  3. acknowledge receipt September 25, 2018
  4. started processing October 2, 2018
  5. fingerprint request November 9, 2018
  6. test invite June 28, 2019
  7. test date July 29, 2019 (CIC Mississauga)
It's been a long wait since I started the entire process back in April 2014.

Thanks
James
It took 2 months for app to reach sydney?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I'm wondering if I had to sent a police certificate along with my application form when I've sent my application July 25,2018 ,and that effected to be long processing time around a year till now without test invitation !! I've landed on July 2015,before that I was in Turkey for 1.5 year,so do I've to get a police certificate from Turkey and send it to IRCC without asking for it ?! please advise
If Turkey is your home country or the country you lived in before coming to Canada as a PR, you do not need to get a police certificate. (You already gave them one when you applied for PR, and your criminal situation hasn't changed when you landed as a PR, otherwise your PR would've been revoked).

Reactions: Hattoba

Daniel CAN

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Lol so correct me how many years he lived in turkey in last 4 years from.July 2018? If u include 1.5 years in 4 years that means the person applied 2.5 years after becoming PR. That puts his presence days in question
To apply for the citizenship, the eligibility period is FIVE (5) years. By the time Hattoba applied for citizenship, she has lived in Canada for 3 years (she landed as PR in July, 2015 and applied for her citizenship in July 2018). She is definitely qualified for citizenship application. So, her eligibility period extended back to July 2013. She has nothing to worry about her eligibility period and there is no question about her presence at all. However, for the police certificate, the instruction says: In the past four (4) years, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country. Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate. If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why. The following examples may help you answer this question.

According to her description, in the past four (4) years, she lived one year in Turkey. It is more than 183 days or more in a row. So, she has to provide police certificate from Turkey.

This is how I understand her case. At least, providing a police certificate would definitely put her in a safer side. I didn't see any reason taking the risk not doing so.

Hattoba

Jun 25, 2019
To apply for the citizenship, the eligibility period is FIVE (5) years. By the time Hattoba applied for citizenship, she has lived in Canada for 3 years (she landed as PR in July, 2015 and applied for her citizenship in July 2018). She is definitely qualified for citizenship application. So, her eligibility period extended back to July 2013. She has nothing to worry about her eligibility period and there is no question about her presence at all. However, for the police certificate, the instruction says: In the past four (4) years, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country. Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate. If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why. The following examples may help you answer this question.

According to her description, in the past four (4) years, she lived one year in Turkey. It is more than 183 days or more in a row. So, she has to provide police certificate from Turkey.

This is how I understand her case. At least, providing a police certificate would definitely put her in a safer side. I didn't see any reason taking the risk not doing so.
Thank you so much guys for clarification, cause I was so confused about that ,even I called IRCC 2 months ago and they were not sure if I need it or not but they told me to apply for one and keep it with you just in case the officer will ask for it at the interview !! and by the way I'm a MAN Lol ...

Pinkmong

Jun 30, 2019
Hi guys, please add me to the spreadsheet.
Id: Pinkmong
App type: Family(2)
App sent: July 27, 2018
App Received : July 31, 2018
AOR: October 12, 2018
In Process ecas: October 20, 2018
Test Invited: January 3rd, 2019
Test interviewed: February 4th, 2019
DM: Feb 20, 2019

My sister had to delay the test date to May 3rd, 2019 because of family emergency.
we are still waiting for the Oath letter...:(

JuanDC

Feb 17, 2013
Happy Canada Day everybody!

I was hoping before to have my Oath of Citizenship on Canada Day. Oh well, I guess I have to wait a little bit longer.

Reactions: Avadava

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Happy Canada Day everyone!

Reactions: Avadava

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
I am about 3 weeks from the 12 month processing timelines. I see a many July applicants getting test invites. Anyone else still waiting for a test invite specifically toronto/mississuaga applicants?

Reactions: Hattoba

Hattoba

Jun 25, 2019
I am about 3 weeks from the 12 month processing timelines. I see a many July applicants getting test invites. Anyone else still waiting for a test invite specifically toronto/mississuaga applicants?
Applied 25th of July 2018, still waiting the test :mad: London,ON. office it's the laziest one.

xilji

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Just got an ecas update for an oath invite on 23rd July but didn't get any letter yet in the email.

Toronto applicant.