+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
My situation even worse :
Applied in July 2018 from Woodbridge Processing started on Sep 19,2018.
No further info/ correspondence from CIC till date. Not even finger prints.
Really concerned.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
I called 1888-242-2100 this afternoon (26 minutes waiting time, not bad). I was told that my application is in Mississauga Office and it's in a queue for a test but the test date is not available.

I applied just around 1 year ago (my application was sent July 7th, 2018 and was received July 12, 2018. In Process since Sept. 21, 2018). My mailing address is in Scarborough and home address is in North York. I am just wondering if anyone could give me some estimated date for the test invites according to your experience.

Thanks a lot!

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
Hi Daniel,
You & I seem to be in a very identical/frustrating situation with a great proximity in dates also.
Have u been asked for fingerprints?

Daniel CAN

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Hi Daniel,
You & I seem to be in a very identical/frustrating situation with a great proximity in dates also.
Have u been asked for fingerprints?
Hi Saga,

It's good to know that we are with great proximity in dates. No, I never received fingerprints. From reading on this forum, my impression was that not everyone will receive fingerprint request. It seems that, most likely, people who received fingerprint request are those whose names are more common. Not 100% sure about that. But I don't quite worry about the fingerprint request. Hopefully, July applicants will start receiving test invite toward late July or early Aug. That's my guess. I didn't even fully read Discover Canada yet:( So, I will need to start preparing for it.

Good luck to everyone here!

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
after 2 days of effort finally was able to talk to the CIC rep.. only to know that i've to wait another 2 weeks so that my 1 yr anniversary completes (and call again) before they can send an inquiry to the Mississauga office about my application status..
still waiting for the test invite..

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
after 2 days of effort finally was able to talk to the CIC rep.. only to know that i've to wait another 2 weeks so that my 1 yr anniversary completes (and call again) before they can send an inquiry to the Mississauga office about my application status..
still waiting for the test invite..

So do they count 1 yr from date of application received, or AoR date or from the date of application processing?

Nic_CEC_Dec

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hey everyone! what do they ask you in the citizenship interview? How long does it last? Thanks!!

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
I call up ircc. The agent mentioned that my file shows test ready but would not know when i would get the invite. Only after exactly 12 months will they follow up with the local office and i would need to call them. Hoping to get to the finish line soon

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Has anyone got a test invite for a date that comes on a Saturday afternoon? At Mississauga Location? or any Location? One person I know got such an invite. Was wondering that what would have happened so suddenly that 'the office' is also working on a Saturday afternoon? :)

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Has anyone got a test invite for a date that comes on a Saturday afternoon? At Mississauga Location? or any Location? One person I know got such an invite. Was wondering that what would have happened so suddenly that 'the office' is also working on a Saturday afternoon? :)
I have a friend who got an invite for sat. Apparently they are working working weekends to clear backlogs.