+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

Koyeorbo

Dec 8, 2018
Hello Guys, I am July 27th Calgary applicant my ecas is updated today for Oath on March 15th but I didn’t receive confirmation letter yet.
Did you check your spam email? It might be there but if not, you may need to contact them if not received by end of the week.

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
Gave the test today at Scarborough office and passed 18/20. Questions were pretty easy.

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
Read the guide few times and gave few sample tests and I was ready. Test was straight forward 20 multiple choice questions and options were pretty self explanatory. There will be alot of people giving the tests and Oath at a small office, so be sure to be at the center atleast half an hour before your time. They ask you to fillup one small form there and make you stand in line with your print of invite, PR card and that green sheet in hand. After the line, they let you sit and guide you how to complete the test. After the test, you wait for your name call for the interview, I took my PR cards (expired and new), passports( expired and new) and some other original supporting documents like my daughter's birth certificate.

Interview lady matched the entry and exit stamps with the dates I gave in the physical presence calculator and interview was done.

They said to wait for the next communication for Oath, which may take more than a month or two.

Sample Tests that helped me:
http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/14

Goldiedawn

Feb 4, 2019
Read the guide few times and gave few sample tests and I was ready. Test was straight forward 20 multiple choice questions and options were pretty self explanatory. There will be alot of people giving the tests and Oath at a small office, so be sure to be at the center atleast half an hour before your time. They ask you to fillup one small form there and make you stand in line with your print of invite, PR card and that green sheet in hand. After the line, they let you sit and guide you how to complete the test. After the test, you wait for your name call for the interview, I took my PR cards (expired and new), passports( expired and new) and some other original supporting documents like my daughter's birth certificate.

Interview lady matched the entry and exit stamps with the dates I gave in the physical presence calculator and interview was done.

They said to wait for the next communication for Oath, which may take more than a month or two.

Hey ! Thank you for your advice and tips .I will keep it in mind .I'm happy that everything is moving forward for you . How long did you have to wait between ip status to test invite ?
I've been waiting since early October since that's when my application went into IP status .

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on MM/DD/YYYY
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on MM/DD/YYYY.
  3. We started processing your application on MM/DD/YYYY.
  4. We sent you a notice on MM/DD/YYYY to appear and write the citizenship test on MM/DD/YYYY at 0:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on MM/DD/YYYY to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March MM/DD/YYYY at 0:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
These are the 5 messages to be received from IRCC from Application received Date to Oath Ceremony Date via your eCAS.

Goldiedawn

Feb 4, 2019
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on MM/DD/YYYY
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on MM/DD/YYYY.
  3. We started processing your application on MM/DD/YYYY.
  4. We sent you a notice on MM/DD/YYYY to appear and write the citizenship test on MM/DD/YYYY at 0:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on MM/DD/YYYY to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March MM/DD/YYYY at 0:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
These are the 5 messages to be received from IRCC from Application received Date to Oath Ceremony Date via your eCAS.
I phoned cic in December and was told that I've passed all the security and background checks. Still waiting for a test invite. The Surrey office seems to be rather moving slow in comparison with other cic offices .is it normal to wait this long ?

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 20, 2018.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 26, 2018.

3.We started processing your application on October 6, 2018.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
I phoned cic in December and was told that I've passed all the security and background checks. Still waiting for a test invite. The Surrey office seems to be rather moving slow in comparison with other cic offices .is it normal to wait this long ?

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 20, 2018.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 26, 2018.

BC region is relatively slow as such everything is fine.

Reactions: Goldiedawn

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018

did she check each and every stamp or just a few random ones? the reason i am asking because i noticed a couple of times usa didnt stamp mine and then more recently neither did canada on entries

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
did she check each and every stamp or just a few random ones? the reason i am asking because i noticed a couple of times usa didnt stamp mine and then more recently neither did canada on entries
She checked each and every visit. I had the same issue, I forgot to mention one visit I did to NYC on new years for 3 days in my physical presence calculator. That same visit I didn't had any exit stamp from the border. So I have to explain her the dates and reason for the visit. She said as I have already spent plenty of days to get qualified for citizenship (1716), so will let this one go.

Reactions: canadian.dream1

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm new here and saw this thread. Can you add me to your list?
Single applicant.
Cic office : Surrey
Physical Presence Days: 1828

I phoned cic in December and was told that I've passed all the security and background checks. Still waiting for a test invite. The Surrey office seems to be rather moving slow in comparison with other cic offices

Updated, thanks

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Still waiting for test invite - AOR Received on Jan 3rd.. :( Had asked for faster processing on Jan 21st to help my son get into the Canadian Armed Forces. Guess that there is no hurry from RCAF side as there are enough applicants. Meanwhile, my son applied to be part of the RCMP and has gotten accepted into the Financial Crimes Unit, on a temporary assignment. Still keeping fingers crossed for IRCC mail and acceptance for faster processing so my son can do what he wants - serve the nation honorably (quickly!).

** Update** : Received an email just now, from IRCC with a survey - Subject: IRCC Survey of Economic Immigrants / Sondage d'IRCC auprès des immigrants économiques.

It does say "Your participation in this survey is strictly voluntary and your answers will remain confidential and will not affect your immigration status or pending decisions on any other applications you may have with IRCC presently or in the future."

I have answered the questions honestly. I have been under-employed for the past year and unemployed for 7 months in the last 41 months (received EI). I really hope this doesnt kill my citizenship application.
Everything will be fine keep your finger crossed. :)

Reactions: Maverick.Canajun