+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
She checked each and every visit. I had the same issue, I forgot to mention one visit I did to NYC on new years for 3 days in my physical presence calculator. That same visit I didn't had any exit stamp from the border. So I have to explain her the dates and reason for the visit. She said as I have already spent plenty of days to get qualified for citizenship (1716), so will let this one go.
she probably had the record from CBSA to see that you had forgotten to enter NY in dateline?

Reactions: ksa0510

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Thank you iceberge, yes, there are a few GTA applicants who recently received Test Invite. Hopefully, more of our GTA applicants will receive Test Invite soon as we are entering the second half of the 12 months processing time.[/QUOTE
Received my Oath invitation yesterday for the 15th of March!

Calgary Office
App Sent: Jul 05, 2018
AOR: Sep 18, 2018
In Process: Sep 28, 2018
Invitation sent: Dec 13, 2018
Test Date: Jan 15, 2019
Decision Made: Jan 16, 2019
Oath Letter Date: Feb 6, 2019
Oath Ceremony Date: March 15, 2019
Updated , good luck

Reactions: Boudz

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Received my Oath invitation yesterday for the 15th of March!

Calgary Office
App Sent: Jul 05, 2018
AOR: Sep 18, 2018
In Process: Sep 28, 2018
Invitation sent: Dec 13, 2018
Test Date: Jan 15, 2019
Decision Made: Jan 16, 2019
Oath Letter Date: Feb 6, 2019
Oath Ceremony Date: March 15, 2019
Congrats,

I have almost the same timeline except that I had test and decision made just before Xmas but still no oath letter

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
Congrats,

I have almost the same timeline except that I had test and decision made just before Xmas but still no oath letter
Thanks. It was buried in my email and didnt notice it till a few hours later. Keep an eye out, they seem to be sending them out

hansiefer

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
So had my test today and I passed. I have a question: I had a “red mark” regarding my passport duration because one of my passports was overlapping (passport damage so I had to renew). Has anyone had the same issue and did it lengthen their Oath invite?

Also, In case it helps someone, a few pointers:

- I did my test in Montreal
- Be ready to wait outside the center for a bit: even though they asked us to come 15 mins earlier, we had to line up outside since they were doing a few checks
- Make sure to use the washroom, if required, before the test. Even though the test can be completed in 2 minutes, the instructions and passing of tests took a good 15 minutes. (I had to use the washroom throughout)
- Technically they are only supposed to ask questions inside the Canada Study Guide, however, I had one question the answer for which I couldn't find in the Study guide later. Either it happens a few times or I can't find it despite reading the Guide 3-4 times.
- The rest of the questions were pretty standard - A few of them I've never seen from the few hundred questions I've done on apps/websites.
- The faster you finish your test, the earlier you'll have your interview, and the earlier you can leave (I was done within an hour)
- Ensure that you read through your application (especially work/study history) so that you can answer their questions without too much hesitation. I had to pause to recollect a bit of my history from a few years ago.
- Also, I was a tiny bit bothered by their question on why I took 7 years to apply for Canadian citizenship and how they asked it. Not a fan of that question because I am not obliged to apply for my citizenship as soon as I am eligible. Plus, not everyone is DYING to become Canadian.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
So had my test today and I passed. I have a question: I had a “red mark” regarding my passport duration because one of my passports was overlapping (passport damage so I had to renew). Has anyone had the same issue and did it lengthen their Oath invite?

- Be ready to wait outside the center for a bit: even though they asked us to come 15 mins earlier, we had to line up outside since they were doing a few checks
- Make sure to use the washroom, if required, before the test. Even though the test can be completed in 2 minutes, the instructions and passing of tests took a good 15 minutes. (I had to use the washroom throughout)
- Technically they are only supposed to ask questions inside the Canada Study Guide, however, I had one question the answer for which I couldn't find in the Study guide later. Either it happens a few times or I can't find it despite reading the Guide 3-4 times.
- The rest of the questions were pretty standard - A few of them I've never seen from the few hundred questions I've done on apps/websites.
- The faster you finish your test, the earlier you'll have your interview, and the earlier you can leave (I was done within an hour)
- Ensure that you read through your application (especially work/study history) so that you can answer their questions without too much hesitation. I had to pause to recollect a bit of my history from a few years ago.
- Also, I was a tiny bit bothered by their question on why I took 7 years to apply for Canadian citizenship and how they asked it. Not a fan of that question because I am not obliged to apply for my citizenship as soon as I am eligible. Plus, not everyone is DYING to become Canadian.
Hi hansiefer thanks for update and guiding us whoever still hasn't done test yet. You explained about test situation clearly and yes I agree with you its your personal reason you want to take citizenship as early as possible or lately. You must were not ready to answer this type of question. As we understand they are human everyone are not same. Anyways congrats for passing test.:)

Reactions: hansiefer

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015

hi please can you tell me what the question was about ?.
and did u do the test in english or french?.and where in Montreal exactly coz am sure even if i live south shore i will definetly do it in Montreal ...

hansiefer

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
hi please can you tell me what the question was about ?.
and did u do the test in english or french?.and where in Montreal exactly coz am sure even if i live south shore i will definetly do it in Montreal ...
Unfortunately, we're legally not allowed to discuss the questions from the exam. They give the test in both English, French. I chose to do it in English since I did the readings in English.

The test center is near Station Bonaventure, make sure to enter by the Saint-Jaceques entrance.

Reactions: mauritiusbride

Ren J

Jan 26, 2019
Hey everyone. I'm new here and saw this thread. Can you add me to your list?
Single applicant.
Cic office : Surrey
Physical Presence Days: 1828

I phoned cic in December and was told that I've passed all the security and background checks. Still waiting for a test invite. The Surrey office seems to be rather moving slow in comparison with other cic offices

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 20, 2018.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 26, 2018.

3.We started processing your application on October 6, 2018.
My application is from Surrey too and same status as yours. In process since September end. No further update

Goldiedawn

Feb 4, 2019
My application is from Surrey too and same status as yours. In process since September end. No further update
Hey ren. It's becoming a long wait just to get a test invite. However vancouver/Surrey office seems to be one of the slowest to process the entire application. From what I've seen on other threads around here .it appears to be that the Surrey office has finally started to send out test invites for April and may applicants. So I'm predicting that June and July will start receiving in March. Let me know if anything changes for you

Reactions: Ren J

Bergo

Aug 7, 2018
Please update Line 37 - Bergo

Decision made Jan 11, 2019
Oath Letter Date Feb 08, 2019
Oath Ceremony Apr 03, 2019

Good luck to all still waiting

Bergo

Shuang

Feb 8, 2019
My application was IP since early Oct, however, a couple of weeks ago when I called CIC, I was advised my case is still with central office because my address is outside of Canada, so they don't know which office to send the file. Since then, I changed my address to my address in Calgary. no update since then.
Anyboby has similar experience?