+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

july 2018, Citizen Application.

potterfan123

Oct 11, 2018
I just had my citizenship test yesterday, seemed pretty easy and got 20/20. But during the interview, the lady said they have not received security clearance and it's quite back logged, so said to not be surprised if I don't hear anything in the next 3 months. Looking at some other forums in Canada visa, it seems there are people who have been waiting for 11 months, stuck in the security clearance limbo. It seems to me not everyone goes through the security clearance (if it's backlogged, it should be slow for everyone, shouldn't it?).

I feel a bit frustrated to be honest. While we were waiting for the interview, I was hearing this lady, who doesn't have a job and was being asked how would she sustain herself, but eventually was congratulated that she will get a decision by the end of the day. I know I should be happy for other people, but I just can't understand the priorities, when I have been working as an Engineer and paying taxes for the last 8 years.

Sorry about the rant.

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
Noticed my info is not updated on the sheet

Received the Test Invite the 13th of December (Calgary applicant) and invite set for January 15.

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
I just had my citizenship test yesterday, seemed pretty easy and got 20/20. But during the interview, the lady said they have not received security clearance and it's quite back logged, so said to not be surprised if I don't hear anything in the next 3 months. Looking at some other forums in Canada visa, it seems there are people who have been waiting for 11 months, stuck in the security clearance limbo. It seems to me not everyone goes through the security clearance (if it's backlogged, it should be slow for everyone, shouldn't it?).

I feel a bit frustrated to be honest. While we were waiting for the interview, I was hearing this lady, who doesn't have a job and was being asked how would she sustain herself, but eventually was congratulated that she will get a decision by the end of the day. I know I should be happy for other people, but I just can't understand the priorities, when I have been working as an Engineer and paying taxes for the last 8 years.

Sorry about the rant.
I understand how you feel , sometimes you feel they are punishing the tax payers (I just heard about a refugee who had his new 9th baby and he has a target of reaching 12 !!!), anyway back to the subject : everyone goes into the security clearance, no exception, but why yours took so long nobody can give you an answer, unfortunately you can do nothing but wait. 3 months is now the regular waiting time for the oath for most of the cities so if you get it in 3 months that would be very good,I've been waiting for about a month now after decision was made and I don't hope to hear anything before March.

Have patience and good luck

Gebrial

Aug 15, 2018
Hello

Just cleared the test with full mark 20/20 this morning in Calgary.

Ceremony between February and March.

Please kindly update line 22 and good luck to everyone.

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Hello

Just cleared the test with full mark 20/20 this morning in Calgary.

Ceremony between February and March.

Please kindly update line 22 and good luck to everyone.
Congratulations,
They have told you between February & March? I passed in Calgary before Xmas and they said the invitation will arrive in 3 months!

graymatters242

Dec 4, 2018
Hey guys,
Just wanted your input on a couple of things:

I submitted my application back in July and it unfortunately got returned because i missed a simple checkbox. Now I have to recalculate my time and re-do the application. However, just wondering what you guys put in the following sections:

1. When calculating your physical presence using the calculation, if you eligibility time-frame is from 11-Jan-2014 to 11-Jan-2019.

"Did you have Canadian temporary resident status (i.e. as a visitor, international student, temporary worker, temporary resident permit holder), and/or were a protected person) between 2014-01-11 and 2015-09-12?"

When entering "Temporary Work" - Do you start the date from 11-Janauary-2014 or the actual date it was issued?"

2. Same question but for section 9 of the application - Under "Date your status was obtained/effective" - Do I put down the actual date it was issued to me or 11-Jan-2014 (when the eligibility time-frame starts)?

Just trying to be extra careful.

Also, any other tips on re-sending the application? Do I have to change anything else (except for pictures, which are now expired)?

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I submitted my application back in July and it unfortunately got returned because i missed a simple checkbox. Now I have to recalculate my time and re-do the application. However, just wondering what you guys put in the following sections:

1. When calculating your physical presence using the calculation, if you eligibility time-frame is from 11-Jan-2014 to 11-Jan-2019.

"Did you have Canadian temporary resident status (i.e. as a visitor, international student, temporary worker, temporary resident permit holder), and/or were a protected person) between 2014-01-11 and 2015-09-12?"

When entering "Temporary Work" - Do you start the date from 11-Janauary-2014 or the actual date it was issued?"

2. Same question but for section 9 of the application - Under "Date your status was obtained/effective" - Do I put down the actual date it was issued to me or 11-Jan-2014 (when the eligibility time-frame starts)?

Also, any other tips on re-sending the application? Do I have to change anything else (except for pictures, which are now expired)?

Use the actual dates.

graymatters242

Dec 4, 2018
Use the actual dates.
I can't use my actual date on the physical calulator because its outside of the 5 year mark and wouldn't let me. So I picked 11-01-2014 (beginning of 5 year eligibility mark)

However, in section 9, I'm thinking of just writing down the actual date when my work permit was obtained? I ask because I don't want them to find this confusing.

krithik

Jun 27, 2014
Hey guys,

For your Q1, I went ahead and mentioned the date within the eligibility period (i.e. start date of the eligibility period) and not the date by when it was issued. I did not have any issues in my application being processed. Hope this helps.

keai_253

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
submitted with the application package
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in His time
Good Day everyone!
To the Calgary Applicants that took their Citizenship exams, how long did it take for your ECAS Status to change to Decision Made after your exam?