Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Interview........
Waived 3rd Line 09-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015 Decision Made : 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2015 Passport Returned : 12-06-2015
Mine is stuck too - I asked for faster processing as my son needs to be citizen to join the forces. No response at all. Meanwhile he has gotten into the Fire Fighter Services temporarily. But why will they do this on "purpose"? What does it resolve / help?

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I suppose I should consider myself lucky indeed. The agency guy who took my fingerprints was also surprised as well I already did my test. He asked me if I lost certain documents or if I have some sort of record, but when I replied to the negative and mentioned about the mistake in one of my travel dates during the interview, he said it’s just them verifying it and nothing to worry about.
I still wonder why my file was picked ahead of everyone else in the July section for GTA applicants, but I’m happy I don’t feel like I’m stuck in limbo!
Hi Ashlobo,did you have decision made also or you just completed the test. I had a mistake in my travels but I got DM yesterday.Slightly worried I'll get further requests now.

ashlobo

Mar 20, 2016
Hi Ashlobo,did you have decision made also or you just completed the test. I had a mistake in my travels but I got DM yesterday.Slightly worried I'll get further requests now.
No I’m still in process. At the end of the interview, the officer asked me to send photocopies of all my passport pages. The mistake in the travel date was about a day trip to Niagara - I mentioned 1st sept while she had it as 22nd. So her issue was whether I was out of the country for those 22days which would put me relatively close to the minimum eligible days. As a result she said she wouldn’t be able to just overlook this and would have to put my application on hold till I sent additional documentation (I did indeed make the trip on 22nd). I’m kinda glad I got a request for finger prints because I’m guessing that means she received my supplementary documentation and is continuing with my application. I’m hoping maybe in a couple weeks once the RCMP has sent the fingerprint background check to CIC, I will get a DM :)

If your assessing officer did not specifically say there was any concern even after knowing your mistake in travel dates, and given you got a DM, you probably don’t have anything to worry about

Reactions: nagrish

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I’m still in process. At the end of the interview, the officer asked me to send photocopies of all my passport pages. The mistake in the travel date was about a day trip to Niagara - I mentioned 1st sept while she had it as 22nd. So her issue was whether I was out of the country for those 22days which would put me relatively close to the minimum eligible days. As a result she said she wouldn’t be able to just overlook this and would have to put my application on hold till I sent additional documentation (I did indeed make the trip on 22nd). I’m kinda glad I got a request for finger prints because I’m guessing that means she received my supplementary documentation and is continuing with my application. I’m hoping maybe in a couple weeks once the RCMP has sent the fingerprint background check to CIC, I will get a DM :)

If your assessing officer did not specifically say there was any concern even after knowing your mistake in travel dates, and given you got a DM, you probably don’t have anything to worry about
Thanks so much for your reply. Hope you get finished soon.

Reactions: ashlobo

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Mine is stuck too - I asked for faster processing as my son needs to be citizen to join the forces. No response at all. Meanwhile he has gotten into the Fire Fighter Services temporarily. But why will they do this on "purpose"? What does it resolve / help?
Unfortunately nothing, it is very obvious that once it is in the local office it all depend on the officer handling the case so nothing is objective from this point on, and it is very clear to me that the officer is not held accountable for any inconsistency or deliberated delay of the application.

Maverick.Canajun

Jul 6, 2014
Windsor, Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Interview........
Waived 3rd Line 09-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015 Decision Made : 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2015 Passport Returned : 12-06-2015
Unfortunately nothing, it is very obvious that once it is in the local office it all depend on the officer handling the case so nothing is objective from this point on, and it is very clear to me that the officer is not held accountable for any inconsistency or deliberated delay of the application.
I can understand our collective frustration at what might seem to be unjustified delays. However, I have firm belief that it is a transparent and fair process. I am sure that there are many safeguards against misuse of power and while handling 300,000 applications / year, it will be extremely difficult to be inconsistent administratively and still get things done. It should be and must be a well-oiled IRCC machine that works non-stop to process our applications, as fast as they can.I would definitely appreciate a bit more transparency at the level of the applicant from IRCC but it is the best they can do, I guess.

Reactions: Vesimsyd

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
All that ppl or at least me are looking at is a consistent time line for everyone .
knowing a certain timeline for each step can relieve minds.
Pushing on some apps and sitting on some apps really increases curiosity for some and disappointment for some .

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Hi,

Finally got my oath invitation for Apr-4 in Calgary:

App Delivered: Jul-12
AOR: Sep-12
IP: Sep-27
Test Invitation Letter: Dec-5
Test Date: Dec-17
DM: Dec-20
Oath Invitation Letter: Feb-15
Oath: Apr-4

Good Luck for all the people who are waiting,I know how much it can be frustrating

SUZROA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
I was shocked, relieved and teary when an email arrived to Congratulate me on getting to the next step to Citizenship.
I have an invite to Interview in Vancouver, March 13.
Application Sent July, AOR September and no word since.
Not sure what line I am up to now on the spread sheet, it kept moving down and I tried to stop being obsessive and checking everyday. I checked and I am line 58.

Thank you once again Forum, you have saved my sanity.
Suzroa

Last edited:

SUZROA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Hello everyone - just finished my test today and thought I would leave a note about my experience for anyone taking the test in Vancouver.

My Location was the 877 Expo Boulevard office. My time on the notice was for 8:18 AM.

Luckily, I live downtown so didn't have any issue getting there despite the snowstorm that we have been having. Took the Skytrain to Stadium and then it's a short 5-minute walk from there.

I got there at 7:30 AM just to make sure I was on time. This was a waste, as the building does not open till 8 AM and there is no one to let you in before that time. There is a Starbucks around the back for anyone who, like me, does end up there early. I noticed other people with the discover Canada book at the Starbucks as well so it seems to be the spot to go to while waiting.

Made my way back to the entrance at 8 AM to find a massive lineup, despite the snow. They opened the gates at 8 and let us in and we all took the elevator up to the 2nd floor.
At the entrance, they divided us into two groups of people - those under 18 or above 54, who did not need to take the test proceeded directly to the interview room and the rest of us were shuffled into the test room where they checked our invite letter and our IDs.

After everyone was checked in we were given the instructions and the tests. The test itself, at least my version, was very simple. If you have read the Discover Canada book you will easily pass the test. I finished up in 5 minutes, went up submitted the test and went to the interview room.

The interview room is very small and has additional waiting areas around the sides. People seemed reluctant to go down the sides as it was far away from the interview stations, and despite being assured that someone would call out their number they crowded the area till a security guard had to force them to go sit down.

My number as called after 10-15 mins of waiting. The interviewer was very nice and polite. He told me I got 20/20 on the test. After that, most of the time was spent reviewing the passport stamps. I had a couple of issues at this stage - 1) missed trip to the States in 2013 and 2) A stamp from EU from 2018 (after the application had been sent) looked like it was 2016 cause the stamp was faded. The 1st one he was not too concerned about - but the EU stamp he wanted to know why I had not mentioned - luckily I had the tickets from my trip in 2018 in my email to show him which lined up with the stamp dates and he reviewed the passport with his microscope and he was satisfied.

After that - some generic questions about my job and we were done. He said I should expect the oath letter soon and when I asked what "soon" meant he said it could be anywhere from 2-3 months but is usually much quicker.

Overall the whole process took around an hour from when we entered to when I left the building.

Hope this helps anyone else taking the test in Vancouver :)
Thank you so much for this post! You have given me so much insight into the Interview process in Vancouver. My Interview will be on March 13, and now I am so much more relaxed about it after reading your post.
Thank you,
Suzroa

fespenido

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 07, 2014 App Received: July 14, 2014 CC charged: 30-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER: November 12, 2014
AOR Received.
December 22, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent w/ Application
Med's Request
March 03, 2015
Med's Done....
March 11, 2015 (3rd line 17th March)
Passport Req..
April 06, 2015
How do they send the aoth invitation? Is this via Email same as AOR and test invite?

abuliman

Feb 16, 2019
Hello all,

I'm a new member here (just signed up today). Kindly add me to your sheet.

I'll be sharing my experience with the citizenship test/interview shortly. Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to answer them.

App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1, 371
App Sent: July 02, 2018
App Received: July 09, 2018
AOR: August 27, 2018
In Process: September 05, 2018
Test Invite: January 23, 2019
Test date: February 16, 2019

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hello all,

I'm a new member here (just signed up today). Kindly add me to your sheet.

I'll be sharing my experience with the citizenship test/interview shortly. Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to answer them.

App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1, 371
App Sent: July 02, 2018
App Received: July 09, 2018
AOR: August 27, 2018
In Process: September 05, 2018
Test Invite: January 23, 2019
Test date: February 16, 2019
Welcome!!! :)

Where is your local office?

Reactions: abuliman