Med's Request
12 - 6 - 2019
Med's Done....
29 - 6 - 2019
Passport Req..
17 - 7 - 2019
VISA ISSUED...
1 - 8- 2019
Finished my landing on Friday. Process is finally complete (once my card arrives).

I flagpolled to New York and back on the same day. I flew through Porter because I just got a cheap last minute flight through them. I would recommend it though for inland applicants in Toronto. The airport is a lot quieter. Once I arrived back in Canada I just flashed my COPR cause I had no idea what I was doing and they directed me to the Immigration room. There was no one there and there were 2 officers just sitting there joking around probably bored out of their mind. The stone face Russian officer called me over and started asking me general questions about arriving to Canada. All I needed to provide them was my COPR and passport. Once the officer reviewed those he asked me some standard questions such as if my dependants/family situation has changed, if I've been convicted of a crime anywhere or if I've ever been refused entry to Canada in the past. He also asked me how much money I had on me and I asked him to clarify if he meant in my wallet or in my bank account and he said in my wallet. I told him I had about $15 Canadian and $35 US and he said that was fine. He didn't really care he just needed to write something. I signed the COPR, he stamped my passport, then we joked around a bit about being immigrants because both officers also weren't born in Canada. They told me I'd have to change my SIN number because the one I had previously was only temporary for my work visa. They said to keep your COPR, possibly forever, as it's a very important doc for future reference. At least until you became a citizen I guess. That was it. They welcomed me to Canada (even though I've lived here over 2 years) and wished me the best and I left. 13 months + of tedium finally over.

Think I covered everything but if anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask. Process may be different for external applicants.
Thanks for detailed description of your experience.

shashi819

Apr 16, 2019
Finished my landing on Friday. Process is finally complete (once my card arrives).

I flagpolled to New York and back on the same day. I flew through Porter because I just got a cheap last minute flight through them. I would recommend it though for inland applicants in Toronto. The airport is a lot quieter. Once I arrived back in Canada I just flashed my COPR cause I had no idea what I was doing and they directed me to the Immigration room. There was no one there and there were 2 officers just sitting there joking around probably bored out of their mind. The stone face Russian officer called me over and started asking me general questions about arriving to Canada. All I needed to provide them was my COPR and passport. Once the officer reviewed those he asked me some standard questions such as if my dependants/family situation has changed, if I've been convicted of a crime anywhere or if I've ever been refused entry to Canada in the past. He also asked me how much money I had on me and I asked him to clarify if he meant in my wallet or in my bank account and he said in my wallet. I told him I had about $15 Canadian and $35 US and he said that was fine. He didn't really care he just needed to write something. I signed the COPR, he stamped my passport, then we joked around a bit about being immigrants because both officers also weren't born in Canada. They told me I'd have to change my SIN number because the one I had previously was only temporary for my work visa. They said to keep your COPR, possibly forever, as it's a very important doc for future reference. At least until you became a citizen I guess. That was it. They welcomed me to Canada (even though I've lived here over 2 years) and wished me the best and I left. 13 months + of tedium finally over.

Think I covered everything but if anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask. Process may be different for external applicants.
Thanks for sharing!

cecict

Jul 14, 2018

Congratulations...I did flagpole at Lansdowne Border (1000 island bridge) on Saturday....
Got a refusal letter from US, did a U turn and came to Lansdowne Port of entry...
I was asked proof of funds...I had latest bank statement with me....
I changed my SIN today....now waiting for my PR card...

Reactions: kzeed12

InaLivingTheDream

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hi Ya All,

Does anyone of you here received an email regarding an interview with CIC while application is still on process? What does this means if they will require an interview?

I need your thoughts and ideas please.

Hochspitch

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Congratulations...I did flagpole at Lansdowne Border (1000 island bridge) on Saturday....
Got a refusal letter from US, did a U turn and came to Lansdowne Port of entry...
I was asked proof of funds...I had latest bank statement with me....
I changed my SIN today....now waiting for my PR card...
That's hilarious, did you not have a visa to enter the States or something? So they just turned you right back around? I'm surprised they asked you for your POF. I didn't even think to bring any bank statements with me. Good thing they didn't ask.

Reactions: cecict

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
That's hilarious, did you not have a visa to enter the States or something? So they just turned you right back around? I'm surprised they asked you for your POF. I didn't even think to bring any bank statements with me. Good thing they didn't ask.
I do not had US Visa...my friend did the same thing and also i have read in forums people do it...
they took my passport, took my car keys and asked to go in office...i waited for some 20 mins...they gave me a refusal letter to show it to Canada border staff...at the end, officer gave my car keys and asked me to do a U turn to go to Canada border....
For POF, I had read this in many forums that they do ask about Proof of funds....so, i had taken prints of latest pay stubs as well as bank statements...

Did they told how long it will take for PR card to arrive ?

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
I do not had US Visa...my friend did the same thing and also i have read in forums people do it...
they took my passport, took my car keys and asked to go in office...i waited for some 20 mins...they gave me a refusal letter to show it to Canada border staff...at the end, officer gave my car keys and asked me to do a U turn to go to Canada border....
For POF, I had read this in many forums that they do ask about Proof of funds....so, i had taken prints of latest pay stubs as well as bank statements...

What you did is fine, its an US administrative refusal and is quite common for flagpole landings.
Average time now is ~3 weeks for PR card (including mail times by Canada Post).

Hochspitch

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018

They told me 8 weeks which seems excessive but I can't argue I guess. Did they say the same for you? Maybe they were just covering themselves in case it takes longer than usual. We all know IRCC isn't always timely, eh? ;)

Reactions: cecict