+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
Hi @pantone1767 , honestly I don't think you should be worried. They did state that the document was reviewed by a notary. I think they just want to get an officer to review everything. Sometimes no news is good news. If they need more information they will contact you. Stay hopeful and pray about it!
You could also send an e-mail directly to cpc ottawa (if that is where your application is) and demand for an update.. stating that it is approaching 9 months since you received your AOR.. and you have had little to no insight as to the progress of your application.

Calling an agent and asking specific questions also helps. When they know that you know about the notes on your file (through gcms).. they usually let out more of the information they see on your file.

All the best!
Hi @teejoy

Thank you for your tips! My application is in Sydney and for what I read here they are known for taking longer to process everything. I have called IRCC asking for updates and they only inform me that Criminality is still in progress, probably because of the review required of my vietnamese pcc. It has been like this for 5 months...

I will try to call them once again and follow your instructions!

Many thanks!!!

Reactions: teejoy and cecict

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
PPR came today so looks like I’m off to Canada after all! Hasn’t really sunk in as I was convinced i’d be giving it up to stay here but I’m sure after a few beers I’ll feel it :p

Details for those asking
Was at Nova Scotia in October. Went to Ottawa at some point in March
Aor 3rd July
IP1 was mid September
IP2 30th October
ADR (procedural fairness letter) for proof of funds 30th Jan
ADR submitted 2nd feb
PPR 10th April

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
PPR came today so looks like I’m off to Canada after all! Hasn’t really sunk in as I was convinced i’d be giving it up to stay here but I’m sure after a few beers I’ll feel it :p

Details for those asking
Aor 3rd July
IP1 was mid September
IP2 30th October
ADR submitted 2nd feb
PPR 10th April
Congratulations!!!

Lamart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
C

Details for those asking
Aor 3rd July
IP1 was mid September
IP2 30th October
ADR submitted 2nd feb
PPR 10th April
Congrats . Moral of the lesson“It is darkest just before dawn".

Christophad

Jan 27, 2019
Dear FAM, pls I need info for someone in Ibadan who needs the Canada size passport photograph.
Is there Any recognized/approved studio in IBADAN?
Thanks

sharathk05

Star Member
May 25, 2018

Details for those asking
Aor 3rd July
IP1 was mid September
IP2 30th October
ADR submitted 2nd feb
PPR 10th April
Congrats!!

teejoy

Mar 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 and 1112
AOR Received.
31/07/2018
Passport Req..
11/04/2019
Dear FAM, pls I need info for someone in Ibadan who needs the Canada size passport photograph.
Is there Any recognized/approved studio in IBADAN?
Thanks
lol honestly this one go hard o
but here is a link to what i found https://www.vconnect.com/oyo-ibadan_north/list-of-photo-digital-studio-vendors-search_s1939?Photography_Pformpage&page=1

The person can go to any studio as long as they have the picture specifications with them. That is the important part, that the photographer gets the correct picture specs.

Reactions: Christophad

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys and @tobs

I read your post and I am really worried. I need your input, could you please assist me on my case?

My Aor is July 27th and I am stuck in "criminality in progress". I ordered notes twice and both look exactly the same.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Met (When I called IRCC the agent said Passed but I don't know if this information is reliable. There was Settlement Funds: Review Required but the notes did not state why and since it shows it is met I believe it was cleared. Am I right? )
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

The most recent update shows the following:

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2018/11/15
Created by: SH18299
Updated Date: 2018/11/15
Updated By: SH18299
Restricted: No
Label: Adm/Criminality
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: ----- Primary Applicant 1- Vietnam police certificate: Provided : Review Required PC translated by notary EDocs XXXXXXXXX 2- Brazil police certificate: Provided - NRT Recommendation: Review Required

I have no criminal records. I lived in Vietnam because of my work and submitted the correct PCC (following the instructions given on CIC website) and the translation process was taken care by a vietnamese law firm nominated by the Vietnamese National Center for Criminal Records. My brazilian pcc is also correct and it shows I am cleared as well.

I raised a CSE showing emails that I exchanged with the vietnamese government employee and her indication to this law firm in order to prove they are serious. I don't know why they are concerned about the vietnamese pcc translation, therefore I am thinking about ordering another translation from a canadian registered translator and submit it.

What do you suggest me to do? Do you think I should act proactively and submit a new translation or should I wait for them to request something? I am worried they will delay my process for no aparently reason.

Your help is much appreciated!!!
@pantone1767 eligibilty Met is a good thing.. nothing to worry about.

Reactions: pantone1767

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs please do. Can you also itemize the things (essential) you took along with you. Want to compare your list with mine. Secondly, did you move your money to a domiciliary account and presented bank statement for that account or you opened a Canadian bank account? Did you get travel health insurance, car insurance letter from your landlord etc.
1. Landing documents (COPR, passport, additional photo etc)
2. home country's DL
3. other travel items.. clothes,etc.
I travelled with cash and opened an account days after I landed. Nobody at immigration back in Nigeria disturbed me about anything concerning the cash.
Others open a bank account online, transfer funds there and activate it when they land. RBC offers that service.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
More importantly, @tobs did someone pick you up with flowers and chocolates?
no. no-one did..
I'm still dreaming of receiving those flowers and chocolates :D

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@KarRml @Dodoz

The flight from Lagos to Cairo was a 5hours flight (Egypt air) The flight schedule for the flight said it was 5hrs 50 minutes but I strongly believe the extra 50mins was added to accommodate their constant delay in taking off (and I was right).

I selected an aisle seat for both legs of the flight, because I find it to be the most comfortable for my long legs. The passenger on my left was a first time traveller, so many things were new to him and I had to assist him with many things during the flight. I like helping people, so it was no bother.

The food on the first leg of the flight was CRAPPY, and the entertainment was bad❌ but I knew what I was paying for. I wanted cheap, and I got it..

I went on that plane with enough food to last a couple a weekend in the Sahara desert. I had grapes, fried chicken, different assortment of biscuits and snacks ( as a matter of fact I had to leave behind 2/3rd of what I planned to travel with as snacks because my laptop bag which was supposed to have only a laptop in it was suddenly weighing 10kg. ).

Anyways, I was prepared and I was also generous.

My layover in Cairo was supposed to be 4 hours 30 minutes, but I quickly learned that Egypt air likes to add an extra hour to whatever time the airline communicates.

So we spent almost 6 hours waiting for the next flight. The good thing was, pre-boarding started early enough so there was some activity taking place and it was interesting to watch family dramas, English interpreters struggling with the words they ought to be interpreting and all the other entertainment that an airport layover offers.

On the second leg of the journey, I sat next to a beautiful 37 year old Jordanian woman who looked nothing like her age and had 3 kids (I later learned towards the end of the flight that she was pregnant with her 4th and she was hoping for a male child to please her husband's parents who so badly wanted her to have a son for their son but she and her husband had decided that the 3 months old foetus would be their last try).

I loved seating next to my friend, Ayja (let's call her that because I can't recall her name). Ayja and I kept exchanging looks and secret smiles whenever our 'window seat companion', a middle aged man with an extremely small bladder got up to pee..
He insisted on seating at the window seat where Ayja initially sat at the beginning of the flight despite knowing he was going to ask us to let him walk to the bathroom 70 × 7 times.
*phwew!*.

The food on this leg of the flight was more pleasant and was 10 times more edible than the 'sacrificial offering' initially placed in front of us enroute Cairo.

12 hours is truly a long time!!! I couldn't wait for the journey to end.

I'm a light sleeper so sleeping on the plane is usually a hurdle for me.
Thank God the plane landed safely in Toronto at 8:05am. Some people clapped, and I understood how they felt in that moment. We were very relieved.

Ayja and I said our goodbyes and 'hope to run into you somedays'.
She gave me one last tip before she walked away. She said "walk as fast as you can to Immigration. you don't want to be caught in the huge lines". I heeded and it was a breeze.

Writing this story and not telling you how I struggled with my 'hand luggages' will be like hugging a friend from the side. it'll never be complete..

About my 'hand luggages'; I had one really big 'laptop bagpack' that was so heavy, I couldn't carry it on my back. Then a carry on bag with rollers that weighed about 9kg. I also had a really massive winter jacket and a 'scarf' that should have been renamed 'blanket' that I had to haul around. I was a sight to behold. I kept tripping and falling on my luggage and 'scarf'. It was a lesson in _'How best to win a 'best in clumsy' award'_ .

Immigration was a breeze, not a single question asides "Can I have the address you'll be staying in Canada" was asked. I collected my luggage and in the process entertained a few people with the arranging and rearranging of my constantly falling bags from my trolley cart.

Customs was smooth. I was about to exit the terminal when I asked the customs officer at the door if he was the one to stamp my GTF list and he said 'no' and directed me to a room, while chastising me for ticking 'No' on the declaration form. (I still don't know where I was supposed to tick YES for GTF).

The customs officers searched the luggage of everyone who was ahead of me. Every single person.. I was too tired to start tearing off the bubble wraps on my bags so I decided that I'll try to make sure the officer that attended to me doesn't ask for my bags to be opened.. 'cos I would have regretted going through all that stress for a GTF list I could have done without..
So I initiated the conversation when I got to his desk. I didn't wait for him to ask me anything. I said _"Hi, I have my GTF form with me, I'll like it stamped. I didn't know I could indicate GTF on my declaration card, so I was directed here by the man outside "._

He asked to see the GTF form & declaration card and he rewrote it and signed it. No mention of opening my bags. Mission accomplished!.
I mention this because the person who went to the same officer after he signed my GTF form and while I was waiting for the cashier to resume at his desk was asked to open her bags and her bags were searched.

After clearing customs, and waiting for my family friend to pick me up, I was apapproached by a CIBC sales agent who offered me certain gifts (a free Sim card, free dinner card) in exchange for my contact information and told me about a promo that was ongoing whereby you open a CIBC account in the airport and get $52 instantly. The promo is solely for accoubts opened at the airport. I didn't open thre account at that time but thinking about it later, I wish I had. Cos it offers extra $52 coupled with other perks (no transaction fee for a year, etc) .

I left Pearson airport around 11am to the screams and excitement of my Canadian mum (my parent's good friend who is accommodating me)..
She was so excited to have me. She kept singing and thanking God for the safe flight and for the breeze with immigration. I felt really welcome. She also came along with a cup of Tim Horton's hot chocolate to welcome me to Canada and chase away the cold (I find that symbolic ).

Post script: Its been a week living in Ontario, still trying to find my feet, get a professional (engineering) job and in the mean time a part time job while I attend the engineering connections new immigrant settlement programs with Acces. So far I have opened a bank account and gotten a mobile plan/phone number and I'm figuring out the bus routes each day.
My story isn't done yet!

(NB: This story was initially written for a different audience; whatsa** group members, that's why its this long and some of the 'jokes' may not be understood by everyone.. )

Tanny2591

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-07-2018
PPR came today so looks like I’m off to Canada after all! Hasn’t really sunk in as I was convinced I’d be giving it up to stay here but I’m sure after a few beers I’ll feel it :p

Details for those asking
Aor 3rd July
IP1 was mid September
IP2 30th October
ADR submitted 2nd feb
PPR 10th April
Heartiest congratulations Gruff...good thing you didn't withdraw your application

Reactions: tobs