July 2018 AOR - join here

Tanny2591

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-07-2018
Just logged on to discover I’ve had a ghost update today. My file is in Ottawa so maybe a decision has been made :rolleyes:

Close call as I’m literally six weeks away from withdrawing my application and staying in the U.K. haha
That's great to hear.... All the best

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

Finally received PPR today!!
Iv not been a very active member here but this group has helped to pull along and wait with patience all this while. It wasn't easy but indeed God makes everything beautiful in His time.
AOR: July 20
PPP: April 09

Thank u once again.
Hey. Congratulations.

Uttara87

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Just logged on to discover I’ve had a ghost update today. My file is in Ottawa so maybe a decision has been made :rolleyes:

Close call as I’m literally six weeks away from withdrawing my application and staying in the U.K. haha
Hey wats ur aor??n r u review required?

Uttara87

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018

Hey wats ur aor??n r u review required?

expressca

Jun 22, 2018

Looks like a PPR shower is soon.

teejoy

Mar 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 and 1112
AOR Received.
31/07/2018
Passport Req..
11/04/2019
Hi @tobs , did you land in Ontario?

teejoy

Mar 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 and 1112
AOR Received.
31/07/2018
Passport Req..
11/04/2019
How long ghost update remains in our profile.?
Hi, the ghost update usually shows as "profile updated". And once you click on the application, it usually goes back to what it was previously. In my case "application submitted".

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
Hi guys and @tobs

I read your post and I am really worried. I need your input, could you please assist me on my case?

My Aor is July 27th and I am stuck in "criminality in progress". I ordered notes twice and both look exactly the same.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Met (When I called IRCC the agent said Passed but I don't know if this information is reliable. There was Settlement Funds: Review Required but the notes did not state why and since it shows it is met I believe it was cleared. Am I right? )
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

The most recent update shows the following:

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2018/11/15
Created by: SH18299
Updated Date: 2018/11/15
Updated By: SH18299
Restricted: No
Label: Adm/Criminality
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: ----- Primary Applicant 1- Vietnam police certificate: Provided : Review Required PC translated by notary EDocs XXXXXXXXX 2- Brazil police certificate: Provided - NRT Recommendation: Review Required

I have no criminal records. I lived in Vietnam because of my work and submitted the correct PCC (following the instructions given on CIC website) and the translation process was taken care by a vietnamese law firm nominated by the Vietnamese National Center for Criminal Records. My brazilian pcc is also correct and it shows I am cleared as well.

I raised a CSE showing emails that I exchanged with the vietnamese government employee and her indication to this law firm in order to prove they are serious. I don't know why they are concerned about the vietnamese pcc translation, therefore I am thinking about ordering another translation from a canadian registered translator and submit it.

What do you suggest me to do? Do you think I should act proactively and submit a new translation or should I wait for them to request something? I am worried they will delay my process for no aparently reason.

Your help is much appreciated!!!
Anyone, please?:(

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
It looks like the analyst just wants the officer to review the vietnam police certificate because it was translated by a notary. You might want to recheck the requirements for translating documents. Not related to Express entry but I tried to travel to colombia once and needed documents translated and certified by an Apostile

teejoy

Mar 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 and 1112
AOR Received.
31/07/2018
Passport Req..
11/04/2019
Hi @pantone1767 , honestly I don't think you should be worried. They did state that the document was reviewed by a notary. I think they just want to get an officer to review everything. Sometimes no news is good news. If they need more information they will contact you. Stay hopeful and pray about it!
You could also send an e-mail directly to cpc ottawa (if that is where your application is) and demand for an update.. stating that it is approaching 9 months since you received your AOR.. and you have had little to no insight as to the progress of your application.

Calling an agent and asking specific questions also helps. When they know that you know about the notes on your file (through gcms).. they usually let out more of the information they see on your file.

All the best!

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
It looks like the analyst just wants the officer to review the vietnam police certificate because it was translated by a notary. You might want to recheck the requirements for translating documents. Not related to Express entry but I tried to travel to colombia once and needed documents translated and certified by an Apostile
Thank you for answering me @cougprey !

The PCC was translated by a translator hired by the notary office and it has a consular authentication (a seal from the vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs). I don't know why the agent said it was translated by a notary. Since I was not in Vietnam anymore, I had to apply for this PCC remotely and followed the exact instructions found on CIC website for the vietnamese PCC. The translation process was taken care by a law firm nominated by the government employee at the National Center of Criminal Records in Vietnam.

I requested a new translation from a Canadian company to compare both of them. Now I wonder if I should submit it or just wait for them to ask in case they find it necessary.

Once again, thank you for your input!:)