+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
but I had assumed that after landing there was an initial requirement to stay within the country for a certain number of days.
There is no such requirement. You can return in few hours if you so wish. A soft landing is when you just land, get COPR stamped and come back in few days (you can decide how many)

JuanDLink

May 15, 2018
Hi everyone. My AOR was July 5th, so I decided to contact CIC. They replied back today and they said:

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision."

Has anyone seen this before? Is it good or bad news that they haven't asked us for our passports yet?

I was in IP2, I already had the RPRF and paid immediately.

Last edited:

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
I'm optimistic that this security not started issue will be cleared in a few weeks.
I hope so because as much as I want to move to Canada I’m only willing to put my life on hold for so long waiting for a decision.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I'm about to take a new job and want to commit to them for at least a year. This idea interests in the event my PPR comes through later. That way I can give my new employer at least a year and not leave them hanging only a few months in.
Is there anywhere where I can find more information about a 'soft' landing? I know procedurally its the same thing but I had assumed that after landing there was an initial requirement to stay within the country for a certain number of days. I know that you need to put down 2 years within the 5 year span to retain PR and 3 years within a 5 year span to be eligible for citizenship.
Soft landing is the same as a permanent move only that you're only staying ling enough to get your SIN, apply for your PR card & complete the landing formalities. Once you get that done you can get on the next flight back to wherever you came from. There's no time duration.
You can then arrange for your PR card to be sent to you via a friend/family member travelling to where you're resident. And whenever you're ready, return to Canada as a PR with the PR card.
To maintain your PR status, you need to be resident in Canada for 2 years put of 5 years starting from the day you landed.
People soft land all the time. It's even almost as common as moving permanently.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs Is that means local VO also again going to do an eligibility check?
Most times they do. It doesn't take very long anyways except it's Accra VO.

Reactions: SahanK

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
Soft landing is the same as a permanent move only that you're only staying ling enough to get your SIN, apply for your PR card & complete the landing formalities. Once you get that done you can get on the next flight back to wherever you came from. There's no time duration.
You can then arrange for your PR card to be sent to you via a friend/family member travelling to where you're resident. And whenever you're ready, return to Canada as a PR with the PR card.
To maintain your PR status, you need to be resident in Canada for 2 years put of 5 years starting from the day you landed.
People soft land all the time. It's even almost as common as moving permanently.
Cool. Appreciate the information. Thanks @tobs and @cansha