Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello all, i enquired thru the MP office and got below response. What is the difference between approved and finalized? Is there anything i can do to move it forward? ( My status online shows only Medical as passed, rest all is in progress)
  • The application was received on July 10th 2018
  • Application has been approved
  • In que to be finalized by an officer
  • A request has been sent to the officer for a clarification
Thanks,
It's approved.
It'll be finalised after your PPR is issued.
Congrats.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
My application, well past 6 month mark now, and I wrote a heartful letter to Ottawa on Monday (awesome turnaround time) and got this reply:

Good day,
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Regards,

Guessing time to quell the curiosity, and make patience my virtue. Any thoughts welcome.
Just got a response to my second CSE, less than 24 hours after submitting it.

It was literally a carbon copy of the first response, but with an additional line confirming that the background checks were yet to start.

Next steps, setting a day aside to get through to the call centre, emailing visa office directly, trying to find an MP to take up my cause.

Just to be clear, I am not looking to have my application sped up, I am just energised to find out some actual information about our application. I will be making the point that a decent response to the first CSE would have stopped me wasting more of their time.

AOR 25th July - FSW-O, UK
Both of your responses intimate that an officer is yet to look at your applications and pass it. It also seems like your security checks still haven't begun.
Hang in there guys..

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Both of your responses intimate that an officer is yet to look at your applications and pass it. It also seems like your security checks still haven't begun.
Hang in there guys..
Unfortunately our hanging in time is limited for another couple of weeks at most, and if the background is truly yet to start I’m not optimistic about recieving a response by then. Sadly, it looks like we will have to do something else for a year or so and hope that we can convince IRCC to extend any COPR beyond July 25th this year.

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Got another reply to CSE I submitted last week. Same reply as a two weeks ago, security still not started:(

I think it’s the lack of clear communication from them that’s really starting to very frustrating. I get that they can’t give specific dates but I’m starting to wonder if I’m going to be in this same position in 1, 6 or 12 months time

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Unfortunately our hanging in time is limited for another couple of weeks at most, and if the background is truly yet to start I’m not optimistic about recieving a response by then. Sadly, it looks like we will have to do something else for a year or so and hope that we can convince IRCC to extend any COPR beyond July 25th this year.
If you can't move for another year the solution to that is to soft land (land, complete the landing formalities at the airport, stay for a few hours to a few days) and go back to your home country till you can move permanently

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Got another reply to CSE I submitted last week. Same reply as a two weeks ago, security still not started:(

I think it’s the lack of clear communication from them that’s really starting to very frustrating. I get that they can’t give specific dates but I’m starting to wonder if I’m going to be in this same position in 1, 6 or 12 months time
I'm optimistic that this security not started issue will be cleared in a few weeks.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks, I guess. its the same status since 11th Jan at least and haven't got PPR email yet. Is there anything i can do to get it moving?
Try emailing your Visa offices to ask for the PPR letter.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
If you can't move for another year the solution to that is to soft land (land, complete the landing formalities at the airport, stay for a few hours to a few days) and go back to your home country till you can move permanently
Hopefully that’s an option. It’s a long way to Canada and expensive for a family of 4! I have to earn back the money we have spent on vacation here since July!!!

Reactions: tobs

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
7.25 AOR, still ip1......
tried to call IRCC a few times today, but couldn't connect to an agent at all...
sent a few web form requests, same useless replies every time
applied GCMS earlier today, lets see what will I get after 30days
I literally have to idea what to do now other than wait

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
7.25 AOR, still ip1......
tried to call IRCC a few times today, but couldn't connect to an agent at all...
sent a few web form requests, same useless replies every time
applied GCMS earlier today, lets see what will I get after 30days
I literally have to idea what to do now other than wait
You've taken a step in the right direction.

Reactions: cecict

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
I'm about to take a new job and want to commit to them for at least a year. This idea interests in the event my PPR comes through later. That way I can give my new employer at least a year and not leave them hanging only a few months in.
Is there anywhere where I can find more information about a 'soft' landing? I know procedurally its the same thing but I had assumed that after landing there was an initial requirement to stay within the country for a certain number of days. I know that you need to put down 2 years within the 5 year span to retain PR and 3 years within a 5 year span to be eligible for citizenship.

Slim83

Feb 1, 2017
Did my landing today, the process was simple and quick.

ITA: June 25, 2018
AOR: July 24, 2018
Medical Passed: August 14, 2018
Additional document requested: Nov. 15, 2018
Documents submitted: Nov. 21, 2018
Background check initiated: Nov. 15, 2018
Called agent on December 14to get an update on my application as I had received a job offer. Agent informed me that eligibility and criminality passed and that the additional documents were accepted and ok and that my security check was still going on. She also informed me that everything looked good and to just hang on. Got request for passport December 18, 2018
Passport sent: December 20, 2018
Passport received by Ottawa: Dec. 24, 2018
Passport returned to me on January 10, 2019
Sent an email to the email address provided on the 11th January and got a reply on January 15, 2018 with appointment date for January 30, 2018.

All you guys waiting to hear from IRCC, just keep the faith, it will come. It was a long process for me. I was in the pool since 2016 thought about giving up many times but was encouraged by others to just hold on. So I am telling you the same, and I will keep you in my prayers.

I am now a Canadian Permanent Resident