+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
It could be the final review. My application was approved at CIO not at Ottawa like I initially thought.
I reeeeeally hope that is the case. I think I will order GCMS again just in case, but I always assumed the application would only leave Ottawa for the PPR.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I reeeeeally hope that is the case. I think I will order GCMS again just in case, but I always assumed the application would only leave Ottawa for the PPR.
Maybe order CBSA instead to rule out any ideas of SS. GCMS won't provide you with any new info.

Reactions: Dodoz

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
What was the security status on your GCMS notes that you received in January?
Not started. I called on December 21 as well, and the agent told the security had not started yet.

Maybe order CBSA instead to rule out any ideas of SS. GCMS won't provide you with any new info.
I thought about the GCMS because any redacted entry would mean SS...

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Not started. I called on December 21 as well, and the agent told the security had not started yet.

I thought about the GCMS because any redacted entry would mean SS...
Not necessarily. Security was redacted from my notes despite approval.
Not started is good tho.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Are you in Canada already. Just thinking how to get a house to rent as I don't have anyone that side.
No Fran, I'm not.
Check both the housing forum and Kijiji. Be careful of scammers.

Yemidd

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys,
Just to let you know that I contacted a MP from Toronto as it is the town that I am targeting to live. They told me that they cannot represent me as I am still outside of Canada. That is strange for me. Could someone tell me if that is the rule ?
Hi Fran, congratulations! I'ld like to ask if you mentioned in your email to the MP that you were outside Canada? Or was it they they figured it out themselves?

Franlloyd

Jan 5, 2019
Hi Fran, congratulations! I'ld like to ask if you mentioned in your email to the MP that you were outside Canada? Or was it they they figured it out themselves?
I did mention it the form. Then, they told me that they cannot help me. Decided afterwards to make just a call to IRCC. After few hours they informed me that the application was approved. After an hour I get the email for PPR.

Dodoz

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
@tobs....Has your friend (AVO applicant) gotten good news from Accra VO yet? Just curious....will be hitting the 6 months mark tomorrow. ** sigh **

Dodoz

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
So I envisaged that I answered 2 questions wrongly.

I was denied a US visa once but instead of mentioning it under "refused permanent or temporarily visa...."I answered NO to that question and YES to "refused admission or ordered to leave Canada or any country", I would imagine that they will know it was an oversight as I clearly stated that I was refused a US F-1 student visa to study at xyZ university on June 11th 2018.

I have raised a CSE and sent an email to Accra VO to explain myself....I hope that would be enough...

Other suggestions please ????
@tobs I received my gcms notes and everything looks good except that I saw "Review required on statutory question'

Still not gotten any response to CSE raised but got a response to the email I sent to AVO.
"Dear ma, we acknowledge receipt of your email".

To me me, this doesn't say anything..does it?

Yemidd

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I did mention it the form. Then, they told me that they cannot help me. Decided afterwards to make just a call to IRCC. After few hours they informed me that the application was approved. After an hour I get the email for PPR.
Thanks, by form you meant the consent form?