+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Abzstem

Jun 20, 2018
Hey everyone, I have finally recently received by GCMS notes for the first time and need your infinite wisdom to understand how to proceed. Any help is much appreciated! I am a FSW-inland applicant, 6th of July 2018 AOR, Medical passed, been in IP2 since August and nothing after that. Currently on a working Visa in Canada.

So from what I gather, my case is being delayed because the analyst has reduced my CRS points for following reasons.
1) Skill transferability points for foreign work experience went to 0, because I worked as a consultant overseas on a self-employed basis. But I have read in numerous articles and on the forum that self-employed experience counts toward FSW program. I have marked this as self-employed experience in the profile when I was applying to get into the draw and the calculator still granted me 25 points, so I don't understand if it's the analyst who got mixed up here or me. So if anyone can correct me or add any info, please feel free.

2) I got reduced points for arranged employment as "the letter does not confirm employment for at least one year after issuance of Visa". It is true, the letter does not say that, but I am already working in Canada for this company for more than a year now and nothing changed about that. Should I send a new letter to the case officer where it would say the above or send them a LOE stating that I work for this company more than a year now?

3) Should I pay the RPRF fee now or at this point wait till the request?

Thank you all! :)
Sorry for copying it again, but was wondering if anyone can help? Please:(

Steb1

Apr 17, 2018
Norwich, UK
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
02-07-2018
Hi guys,
I got the golden email. The MP phoned the IRCC today and my application was approved since 8 November 2018. I received my AOR on the 27th of 2018. Thank you very much and good luck to all of you who are still in the waiting period.
Congratulations! I'm going to try and do this via a friend in Calgary to his MP, not sure how the consent form might work, we'll see. No wonder they get so many emails and phone calls, it does genuinely seem to sort things out in some cases!

bhaumik_

Nov 20, 2018
This is an incredibly detailed and positive response, sounds far from generic! I'm FSW-O so assume can't do the same thing as I don't have a Canadian MP, but do have friends in Canada that maybe I should ask to do this on my behalf. Sounds like the MPs are trying to help a thousand times more than agents.

Please could you share the email you sent to them to get this response?
Hi, can you pls share the email id of the MP office and maybe I can try this as my 6 months are getting over in 2 days.
@Steb1 @SandhyaMoh First you need to find out who your local MP is.
1. Visit this link: http://www.ourcommons.ca/en/contact-us
2. In the field under "Members of Parliament", type in your postal code.
3. Click on the name of your MP to get email.

Once you get the email, use below format:
Dear Mr. <local MP's name>,

I have applied for Canadian PR under the ___ program.

Could you please inquire with the IRCC for the current status of the eligibility, criminality and security checks on my application?

Look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Regards,
<Your Full Name>
DOB: <>
Application number: <>
Application Date: <>
Country of citizenship: <>
Country of residence: <>

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal

Hi guys,

Received my gcms note today.

Eligibilility needs further review.

As per the note, my score was changed below the draw score, does that means I will be refused? I have attached a screen shot of my gcms notes.

I will appreciate all insights that will be coming from you guys.

Last edited:

Smmm

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
@Steb1 @SandhyaMoh First you need to find out who your local MP is.
1. Visit this link: http://www.ourcommons.ca/en/contact-us
2. In the field under "Members of Parliament", type in your postal code.
3. Click on the name of your MP to get email.

Once you get the email, use below format:
Dear Mr. <local MP's name>,

I have applied for Canadian PR under the ___ program.

Could you please inquire with the IRCC for the current status of the eligibility, criminality and security checks on my application?

Look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Regards,
<Your Full Name>
DOB: <>
Application number: <>
Application Date: <>
Country of citizenship: <>
Country of residence: <>
Should i be resident in canada to do this?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018

Hi guys,

Received my gcms note today.

Eligibilility needs further review.

As per the note, my score was changed below the draw score, does that means I will be refused? I have attached a screen shot of my gcms notes.

I will appreciate all insights that will be coming from you guys.

My only concern is, if I will be refuse, how come it's taking them time decide?

I mean, just decide and let me know whilst I still have time to think of another way to extend my staty here in Canada or think of another way to apply for Permanent Residency.
What is your AOR ? can you update your signature ?