+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am an express entry outland candidate. My AOR is July 4th. I wanted to order GCMS notes to see what going on. Does anyone here recommend between GCMS Buddy or GetGCMS ? OR is there a different website you would recommend? Thanks again for the help!

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
It's a much better response than the one I got back (within a day of sending a CSE:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

- I would much rather had your reply, I didn't get the 'everything appears to be in order' which is at least some comfort! But perhaps it's one and the same generic response copy and pasted by which ever person is working on the inbox that day, I don't think they actually enquire with anyone what the hold up is, just getting through the emails for the day and acting on the CSEs that require action.
Interesting that I’ve had a different message, I’ll find out next week if it’s a generic or differs agent to agent as I’m now going to raise a new CSE every Friday till the PPR arrives. Maybe Canada is different but it seems to help in the U.K. whenever I’ve had something delayed to be patient and persistent with a gentle reminder once a week so my file isn’t abandoned/ignored :p (eventually I think they’re like get it done so he stops sending us letters)

Or maybe they’ll just ignore me completely :cool: either way I’ll let you know next week what they say.

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Hi all,

Steb/Gruff - just a note to say hi and that we are in a similar situation to you guys, albeit about 3 weeks behind (UK based based family of 4 with AOR 25th July).

If anyone on the forum wants a bit of a chuckle at our expense, we took a high risk approach to the PR application and when we got the ITA we booked flights to Canada and spent summer / fall driving from Toronto to Vancouver Island. Our hope was to be approved by Christmas and to start real life again in January. The last update we got was in August to say our medicals had been approved - nothing since!

Our visitor stamps run out at the end of Jan so we raised a CSE to see if extending the visitor visa would cause any issues with the application. We didn’t ask for an update on the PR application as we assumed it would be pointless, but we received the exact same response that Steb did, word for word! Seeing you guys pass through the six month barrier doesn’t give me much hope of a swift resolution.
That’s really unfortunate to hear,:( whilst not as dire a situation I also planned on being out there by Xmas. Quit my full time job in October (the commute was a nightmare in London) expecting to be waiting at most a couple of months but got so bored of unemployment I took a part time job over Xmas which has now rolled into January and now I’m thinking how long is this gonna take? o_O should I just get another full time job while I’m waiting if it’s gonna be another 3 months or more as I can add more to my settlement funds, it’s so frsutrating!

It is disappointing especially when supposedly 80% of applicants are done in 6 months but that’s clearly no longer the case as it was back when we submitted in July. I suspect they will update their average processing time to 9-12 months this year based on current trends.

Stay strong and hope for the best!:)

Reactions: tobs

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Interesting that I’ve had a different message, I’ll find out next week if it’s a generic or differs agent to agent as I’m now going to raise a new CSE every Friday till the PPR arrives. Maybe Canada is different but it seems to help in the U.K. whenever I’ve had something delayed to be patient and persistent with a gentle reminder once a week so my file isn’t abandoned/ignored :p (eventually I think they’re like get it done so he stops sending us letters)

Or maybe they’ll just ignore me completely :cool: either way I’ll let you know next week what they say.
I have taken similar approach but so far nothing.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
That’s really unfortunate to hear,:( whilst not as dire a situation I also planned on being out there by Xmas. Quit my full time job in October (the commute was a nightmare in London) expecting to be waiting at most a couple of months but got so bored of unemployment I took a part time job over Xmas which has now rolled into January and now I’m thinking how long is this gonna take? o_O should I just get another full time job while I’m waiting if it’s gonna be another 3 months or more as I can add more to my settlement funds, it’s so frsutrating!

It is disappointing especially when supposedly 80% of applicants are done in 6 months but that’s clearly no longer the case as it was back when we submitted in July. I suspect they will update their average processing time to 9-12 months this year based on current trends.

Ha! I wouldn’t go as far as saying we are in a dire situation just yet. If we are still without the COPR by the end of Jan, we will need a bit of a plan B, but we were financially prepared for it to take up to six months and anything quicker would have been a bonus.

I certainly can’t complain at what we have done. Canada is a beautiful and amazing country, and if you like camping and the natural world, the national parks are just mind boggling.

In my opinion I think we are all struggling from having the end of our application period straddling Christmas. I have worked in places where the last two weeks before Christmas and the first week of the new year are an absolute write off in terms of getting things done. Whilst it is only hearsay, anyone I have spoken to in Canada about their public services say that they are impossibly slow, but they get there in the end!

Take care and fingers crossed for everyone!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Have you had replies back each time you raised a CSE? Wondering if they send the same message each time or if it differs agent to agent
Two agents sent same reply and third one sent a similar reply. All generic cookie cutter responses

Reactions: Gruff

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018

Hi...just out of curiosity, are you leaving the UK for Canada as you see the latter as a more appealing option or its specific circumstances?

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Hi...just out of curiosity, are you leaving the UK for Canada as you see the latter as a more appealing option or its specific circumstances?
My brother lives in Canada currently and I fell in love with the country and culture. However comparatively the quality of life is much better for young adults in Canada than the U.K. right now and it’s only after visiting other countries I’ve realised how ridiculously expensive it is to live in the U.K.

I was living just outside London and as a single person there was pretty much zero chance of being able to get on the property ladder despite having a considerably better salary than most people I know go are my age.

This is probably why maybe half the people I know who are mid twenties/early thirties have left the U.K. for other countries, it’s not a place for young adults to thrive and hasn’t been for some time unfortunately

pranre

Mar 4, 2018
Yep, doing that yet again. I have 15+ years of foreign experience but notes say they're only considering 2 years. What a joke!
Is that 6 years experience with same company and same NOC?
CIC has list of roles and responsibilities(Duties)for each NOC, is your NOC matching with CIC NOC?

acc1444

Oct 15, 2017
It is been long time so I applied Notes and it keeps saying ok and verified.

File is sitting at Centralized Intake Office.

Does this mean anything particularly?

https://imgur.com/xbG7Whs

Progress bar says that Jan 13 completes 6 months (180days)

shivraj987

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
I've been a silent reader on this forum for quite a while now and has been quite helpful.

What I've recently observed is that by adding new countdown bar on website IRCC has created a panic mode for everyone. It's not like the bar is giving any valuable info.

I'm a July 14 applicant and as per my last call with IRCC agent on Nov. 27 my security check is in progress. Eligibility,medical and criminality has been passed. The call did create a hope of getting PR soon, but the bar has now started to irritate me.

Reactions: tobs

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Is that 6 years experience with same company and same NOC?
CIC has list of roles and responsibilities(Duties)for each NOC, is your NOC matching with CIC NOC?
Noc is the same for more than 6 years albeit different companies. Notes say that reference letter matches the responsibilities as per the lead statement of my NOC. I'm not sure how they're calculating 1 years and 11 months out of total 15. There's no explanation from them.