+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Incidentally for those wondering about the tracker/progress bar thing once you pass 6 months it says this;

“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this web form Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.”

So basically keep waiting we don’t know when it’ll be done :rolleyes:

Don’t expect anything like an updated timeline or date.

Reactions: gau55555 and tobs

sekhon22

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Incidentally for those wondering about the tracker/progress bar thing once you pass 6 months it says this;

“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this web form Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.”

Is this reply from cic whose 6 month passed?

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
All I have head back is the confirmation email that they have received the documents. Apart from that nothing.
Same. Nothing after that. I did order notes again. I'll complete 6 months in 4 days.

dphotawala

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Hello dphotawala,

I submitted additional documents to verify my work experience as well. I had a 'Review Required' for my work ex in my GCMS notes. I think, the additional documents have not been reviewed yet, as status is still 'Evaluating Eligibility'. My 6 months come done on the 19th of Jan.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
How long has it been since you submitted the additional documents? Have you got any new notes after that?

dphotawala

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
After you submit any document it takes 2-5 weeks for it to be added to your file and reviewed. Wait for some time and then request another set of notes to see the progress. If the officer is satisfied he will clear your eligibility or send you a PFL with the exact concerns, which you can then address in your response.
2-5 weeks sounds like a long time. Is there no other option for me to have the file expedited?

dphotawala

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018

Have you tried to raise a concern through web form? If not, I think it's worth a shot. Who knows, they might have a better insight now that you are passed your 6 month period.

dphotawala

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
You have no option but to wait. Forget 6 months .. if it takes 8-9 months you have no option. That is the sad reality of it. Don't want to discourage you. It may even happen tomorrow if it has to. But there is no recourse based on time elapsed on applications.
is there an email address or phone # for Montreal VO that I can try?

harshala

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-14
Doc's Request.
15-12-14
Hi Ppl..
Happy New Year!!!
Any Review Required cases here?
wanted to out of your experience, on an avg how much time does it take for officer to action the file post adr is sent?
Actually i had RR for funds n have provided revised docs on 11th dec wic are already attached to my file and sent to concern officer on 13dec..
So wondering whn shud i expect some action..

Any inputs/ recent personal experience would b helpfull.

TIA

sav89

Jan 3, 2019
Congrats @tobs. Your posts have been very helpful and I have been tracking your progress since we are both nigerian and both have AOR - July 10. I assume like me, you are applying from Nigeria. Good luck in Canada.

Please can anyone send me the phone number of a CIC agent I can actually contact from Nigeria. I keep getting the automated voice which doesn't give me any useful information.

AOR- July 10
Medical passed - July 27
Ghost update - August 08
Not had any update since then

Could it be because I have not yet made the second payment (Right of permanent residence fee) ? They haven't asked for it yet.

I am a bit worried because the 6th month deadline is in exactly a week. Input from all is welcome

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Congrats @tobs. Your posts have been very helpful and I have been tracking your progress since we are both nigerian and both have AOR - July 10. I assume like me, you are applying from Nigeria. Good luck in Canada.

Please can anyone send me the phone number of a CIC agent I can actually contact from Nigeria. I keep getting the automated voice which doesn't give me any useful information.

AOR- July 10
Medical passed - July 27
Ghost update - August 08
Not had any update since then

Could it be because I have not yet made the second payment (Right of permanent residence fee) ? They haven't asked for it yet.

I am a bit worried because the 6th month deadline is in exactly a week. Input from all is welcome
Hi Sav89, you can call on this number +16139444000 but it has to be via skype or any virtual calling app.
Also as regards your application, do you know your visa office and what your first ghost update was about? Do you have GCMS notes?
If you check my signature, you'll see that I paid the RPRF without them asking, & that was because I knew my eligibility was Met and my application was on track. (only GCMS notes can give you that info)

cmorgan

Aug 17, 2015
Hi Everyone. I have been a silent reader for a couple months now, and also have been silently celebrating those who have received good news re their application. I regret I did not have anything to share as I, like the majority of you were waiting. It's my time to join in - I received request for additional documents last night - the Family Information form (IMM5406). I am only applying for myself. Should I still complete the section for my parents, siblings, etc.? Or do I just put my information as the applicant. No one is expected to join me in Canada. Thanks so much for your support and input.